Australian Woman Killed By Police in Minnesota

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-07-2017, 03:30 AM
RE: Australian Woman Killed By Police in Minnesota
(26-07-2017 12:42 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(26-07-2017 12:14 AM)morondog Wrote:  ... Someone like that probably shouldn't be carrying a weapon?

Hey now. I shot caps off of bottles from about 6 meters with an air rifle for about two hours one time.

Don't try to ruin my chances of becoming a US cop.

British air rifles are pathetically weak, 12 ft/lbs is the maximum power allowed without a firearms licence which means you have to get ridiculously close to a rabbit to be sure of a clean humane kill, infact you have to be so close it would probably be easier to introduce yourself and shake its paw.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-07-2017, 03:45 AM
(26-07-2017 03:30 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(26-07-2017 12:42 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Hey now. I shot caps off of bottles from about 6 meters with an air rifle for about two hours one time.

Don't try to ruin my chances of becoming a US cop.

British air rifles are pathetically weak, 12 ft/lbs is the maximum power allowed without a firearms licence which means you have to get ridiculously close to a rabbit to be sure of a clean humane kill, infact you have to be so close it would probably be easier to introduce yourself and shake its paw.

As expected from British things. Low powered and increasingly irrelevant.

It's Eureka all over again! Fight me, Brits!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
26-07-2017, 03:52 AM
(26-07-2017 03:30 AM)adey67 Wrote:  the maximum power allowed without a firearms licence

And the issue with getting a firearms licence is...?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
26-07-2017, 03:59 AM
(26-07-2017 03:52 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(26-07-2017 03:30 AM)adey67 Wrote:  the maximum power allowed without a firearms licence

And the issue with getting a firearms licence is...?

Expense, hassle and insufficient reason to actually need one things here are incredibly tight
26-07-2017, 04:00 AM (This post was last modified: 26-07-2017 04:18 AM by adey67.)
(26-07-2017 03:45 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(26-07-2017 03:30 AM)adey67 Wrote:  British air rifles are pathetically weak, 12 ft/lbs is the maximum power allowed without a firearms licence which means you have to get ridiculously close to a rabbit to be sure of a clean humane kill, infact you have to be so close it would probably be easier to introduce yourself and shake its paw.

As expected from British things. Low powered and increasingly irrelevant.

It's Eureka all over again! Fight me, Brits!

Owch, that stung. Sadcryface Wink
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
26-07-2017, 04:06 AM
(26-07-2017 03:59 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(26-07-2017 03:52 AM)morondog Wrote:  And the issue with getting a firearms licence is...?

Expense, hassle and insufficient reason to actually need one things here are incredibly tight

Alas, your bunnies will have to remain unmolested. All at the cost of some pesky regulations that are clearly unnecessary Angry

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
26-07-2017, 04:16 AM
(26-07-2017 04:06 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(26-07-2017 03:59 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Expense, hassle and insufficient reason to actually need one things here are incredibly tight

Alas, your bunnies will have to remain unmolested. All at the cost of some pesky regulations that are clearly unnecessary Angry
Its a pain but fortunately no longer have our little farm so no bunnies to actually shoot, which is a pity as I love rabbit stew and pie. Also forget to mention previous history of depression, mental health issues, means no chance. But like you say its ridiculous even a modest increase to say 25-30 ft/lbs power legal limit would have made so much difference when we had our little farm.
26-07-2017, 04:28 AM
(26-07-2017 04:16 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(26-07-2017 04:06 AM)morondog Wrote:  Alas, your bunnies will have to remain unmolested. All at the cost of some pesky regulations that are clearly unnecessary Angry
Its a pain but fortunately no longer have our little farm so no bunnies to actually shoot, which is a pity as I love rabbit stew and pie. Also forget to mention previous history of depression, mental health issues, means no chance. But like you say its ridiculous even a modest increase to say 25-30 ft/lbs power legal limit would have made so much difference when we had our little farm.

That that is missing in the post is costs, and you have an ample list of why I will probably never own a firearm so long as I live in Aus.

Tell a doctor one time that your life has been a grey void of intermingled rage, disgust, apathy, and unmitigating sorrow, and suddenly you're never allowed a go-bang stick.
... also I have no legal reason to have one like rabbits on a farm..

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
26-07-2017, 04:46 AM
(26-07-2017 04:16 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(26-07-2017 04:06 AM)morondog Wrote:  Alas, your bunnies will have to remain unmolested. All at the cost of some pesky regulations that are clearly unnecessary Angry

I was being somewhat facetious Wink I think operating things made to kill people (or indeed bunnies) should be regulated, the same way that things made to transport people are. It's unfortunate that it's expensive to get a licence, and perhaps unfortunate that a history of mental health issues may make it harder to get one, but the concept of getting a licence before being allowed to use a firearm of a certain power is pretty straightforward.

26-07-2017, 04:58 AM
(26-07-2017 04:46 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(26-07-2017 04:16 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Its a pain but fortunately no longer have our little farm so no bunnies to actually shoot, which is a pity as I love rabbit stew and pie. Also forget to mention previous history of depression, mental health issues, means no chance. But like you say its ridiculous even a modest increase to say 25-30 ft/lbs power legal limit would have made so much difference when we had our little farm.

I was being somewhat facetious Wink I think operating things made to kill people (or indeed bunnies) should be regulated, the same way that things made to transport people are. It's unfortunate that it's expensive to get a licence, and perhaps unfortunate that a history of mental health issues may make it harder to get one, but the concept of getting a licence before being allowed to use a firearm of a certain power is pretty straightforward.

Agreed but the power limit for non FAC air rifles in the UK is ridiculously low Imo.