Australian Woman Killed By Police in Minnesota

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-07-2017, 08:53 PM
RE: Australian Woman Killed By Police in Minnesota
(17-07-2017 08:40 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  At work.

Mr TheBear.

As an Aussie, why the fuck should I consider coming to your country and risk getting shot, killed and effectively murdered by the very people who should be protecting me?

Consider

Stay as far away as possible! We got cops all over the place, just a shootin' and a killin' everyone in sight! Shocking
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like TheBear's post
17-07-2017, 08:56 PM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/...ings-2017/
17-07-2017, 09:10 PM
At work.

(17-07-2017 08:53 PM)TheBear Wrote:  

Mr TheBear.

As an Aussie, why the fuck should I consider coming to your country and risk getting shot, killed and effectively murdered by the very people who should be protecting me?

Consider

Stay as far away as possible! We got cops all over the place, just a shootin' and a killin' everyone in sight! Shocking

Big Grin

Funny bastard. Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
17-07-2017, 09:11 PM
Almost 400 murders in Chicago alone this year, in a city with some of the most restrictive gun laws.
17-07-2017, 09:20 PM
1,500 died on the Titanic.
17-07-2017, 09:30 PM
(17-07-2017 07:40 PM)TheBear Wrote:  
(17-07-2017 07:23 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  As far as I understand those numbers are down (so far) this year. One of my "blue lives matter" friends who posts every time a cop anywhere stubs a toe, has said as much.

That aside...
I also know more than a few cops that feel juries do the public a huge disservice when they let shitty cops off the hook.

But they also admit that people on those same juries are also often intimidated. Fearful that if they do need to call 911...

The numbers may be down this year so far. I don't know. Maybe they are. My point was that the fact that they do occur, and especially in the light of an NYPD cop being ambushed and making headlines recently, might cause some cops to be a bit more apprehensive and nervous. I honestly don't get why people can't wrap their heads around that concept. Huh

I don't care. Police are supposed to be trained. They're supposed to be calm under pressure.

They're not supposed to be paranoid and think everyone's is out to kill them. Because the vast majority do make it home.

Try harder to make excuses for something tragic.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
17-07-2017, 09:36 PM
(17-07-2017 09:11 PM)TheBear Wrote:  Almost 400 murders in Chicago alone this year, in a city with some of the most restrictive gun laws.

nice dodge. This is off topic.

Last I checked police are supposed to be armed.

17-07-2017, 09:37 PM
(17-07-2017 08:53 PM)TheBear Wrote:  

Mr TheBear.

Consider

Explain your sarcasm to the Aussie woman's family.

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
17-07-2017, 09:48 PM
(17-07-2017 09:30 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(17-07-2017 07:40 PM)TheBear Wrote:  The numbers may be down this year so far. I don't know. Maybe they are. My point was that the fact that they do occur, and especially in the light of an NYPD cop being ambushed and making headlines recently, might cause some cops to be a bit more apprehensive and nervous. I honestly don't get why people can't wrap their heads around that concept. Huh

I don't care. Police are supposed to be trained. They're supposed to be calm under pressure.

They're not supposed to be paranoid and think everyone's is out to kill them. Because the vast majority do make it home.

Try harder to make excuses for something tragic.

I'm not making any excuses or drawing any conclusions. I wasn't there. I really don't know. For all I know, the cop could be guilty as hell for manslaughter. All I'm doing is pulling the pendulum of public opinion in the opposite direction to try to get some sort of balance in the discussion. What I get tired of is the default, ideological conclusions reached by others, who are as much in the dark of the situation as I am. I get tired of ideological groupthink. It reminds me all too well of the indoctrinated religious folks.
17-07-2017, 10:06 PM
Dude

An unarmed woman was shot dead. Nobody needs anymore information. Like someone posted before the cop being scared doesn't mean shit. Even if you're a cop you have to be in real danger, not pretend danger. It doesn't matter what kind of paranoid creepy tricks his mind was playing on him, to shoot someone you need a REAL reason. We already know he didn't have one.
[+] 4 users Like I'mFred's post