Australian Woman Killed By Police in Minnesota

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-07-2017, 06:19 AM
RE: Australian Woman Killed By Police in Minnesota
(17-07-2017 09:48 PM)TheBear Wrote:  I'm not making any excuses or drawing any conclusions. I wasn't there. I really don't know. For all I know, the cop could be guilty as hell for manslaughter. All I'm doing is pulling the pendulum of public opinion in the opposite direction to try to get some sort of balance in the discussion.

So your self-defined "pendulum" of opinion is that the cop could've been acting within the law when he murdered this woman, or that he may have held a reasonable belief that she was a clear and present danger to his life?

Or, conversely, that the woman somehow deliberately initiated her own shooting by some sort of illegal and/or threatening behaviour in a public place—and despite the fact that she was unarmed, placed the LEOs in a defensive position that could only be alleviated by them killing her.

In a nutshell then... your implication is that the woman could've created a scenario herself that led to her own murder. Seriously?

And I'd like to see what you think about the fact that both LEO's body-cams were inoperative. Does that not seem a little too convenient, and/or coincidental? I can understand maybe one forgetting to activate his body-cam, but two of them at the same time? And even more so when you're apparently about to apprehend a purportedly dangerous suspect.

Quote:What I get tired of is the default, ideological conclusions reached by others, who are as much in the dark of the situation as I am. I get tired of ideological groupthink. It reminds me all too well of the indoctrinated religious folks.

Considered individual opinion is not "groupthink". You've been reading too much Orwell. No

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like SYZ's post
18-07-2017, 07:06 AM
This is the LEO, Mohamed Noor, who murdered Justine Damond...

[Image: noor4.jpg?w=768&h=768]
Mohamed Noor (in centre) of this 2016 image.
Noor is a black, Islamic immigrant from Somalia.

On average, around three people die every day during encounters with police in the US, according to figures collected by the Guardian's US The Counted project which tracked deaths in 2015 and 2016.

Damond was the 541st person to have been shot dead by a cop in 2017 alone, according to the Washington Post, which has an ongoing data collection project of its own titled Fatal Force. Their figures suggest deadly police shootings are on track to match or even surpass the totals from the previous two years.

The scale of the deaths is simply unimaginable in many other countries around the world. One study by the Australian Institute of Criminology found around five people were shot and killed by police per year in Australia.

Sydney Morning Herald, 18 July 2017

Noor is currently facing a federal case [0:17-cv-02920-JNE-SER Doc 1-2 Filed 07/14/17 ] in the United States District Court, District of Minnesota which was filed against Noor, plus two other police officers and the City of Minneapolis, for personal injuries in May 2017, by a woman named Teresa M. Graham. Noor also has a second, currently undisclosed, complaint against him dating from 2016.

No

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
18-07-2017, 07:36 AM (This post was last modified: 18-07-2017 07:40 AM by abaris.)
(18-07-2017 07:06 AM)SYZ Wrote:  The scale of the deaths is simply unimaginable in many other countries around the world. One study by the Australian Institute of Criminology found around five people were shot and killed by police per year in Australia.

It's even lower in Germany. Only 3 people shot and killed by police in 2016.

http://www.schusswaffeneinsatz.de/Statis...stiken.pdf

Only 1 fatal shooting in the UK in 2017. The terrorist attacking parliament in march. 2 in 2016.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ki...ed_Kingdom

I'm sure that the high fatalities in the US are down to the assumption that everyone could be packing. That's not the case in Australia, Germany and the UK.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like abaris's post
18-07-2017, 09:16 AM
(18-07-2017 02:52 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(18-07-2017 01:31 AM)JesseB Wrote:  we all know this will never go to trial. They'll go on "paid administrative leave" then return to work in a few weeks after someone says no policy was violated.

No, it will. The Aussies won't let it slide. The so-innocent cops will get their day in court. And the judgement will be scrutinised as well. Same as the Philando Castille case, and if the guy from that case walked these guys will probably walk as well. There's less evidence to go on, even if it seems certain that it was blatant murder.

The cop has to go back home to his loving family in one piece. The system is apparently fine if that means an innocent person does not get to enjoy the same benefit.

It's better if nobody dies in the course of policing. Still I'd rather a brave officer dies in the line of duty than an innocent person dying for the same reason.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 1 user Likes tomilay's post
18-07-2017, 09:26 AM
Oh wait, he's a Muslim.....hmmm.....going to bet a lot of people will be quicker to condemn the cop now.
[+] 3 users Like ResidentEvilFan's post
18-07-2017, 09:31 AM
(17-07-2017 06:43 PM)TheBear Wrote:  Two possibilities -

a) the cop in the passenger seat is a murdering psycopath who has no business being within 100 yards of a gun let alone being on a police force, (additionally, he shot from the passenger seat past his partner through the driver's window endangering his partner), and deserves life in prison

b) the cop saw that there was no threat, and before holstering his weapon, accidentally misfired it

What do you think is more plausible?

With all the cops being shot of late while sitting in their patrol cars, it's no surprise that cops get a bit nervous and jittery in these situations. They are sitting ducks.

And, what were the particulars? Here are some things to consider. Was she approaching perpendicular to the driver's side, or was she approaching from the rear? Was she walking towards them or running? What was the lighting like? As to the body cams being turned off - what is the department policy? Are they to be activated once they step out of the patrol car? Should they be on for the entire shift, even while inside the vehicle? There are many other questions to consider.

Inquiring minds want to know. Fucktards default to the"Cops are bad!" meme, without giving it another thought.

So now people have to worry about how they approach the car? Is that now going to be added to the "probable cause" line so that lethal force is justified?

The body cams were supposed to be on. If they are going to get serious about that shit, then a case like this wear they didn't have them on needs to be severely punished. If they just slap them on the wrist then it renders the body cams useless.

The accidental gun firing is plausible, but even still if that happened, he needs to be dealt with. Dude should at the least never be allowed to touch a gun again much less be a cop in any capacity.
18-07-2017, 09:49 AM
(18-07-2017 09:31 AM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  The accidental gun firing is plausible, but even still if that happened, he needs to be dealt with. Dude should at the least never be allowed to touch a gun again much less be a cop in any capacity.

It already starts with them having their dicks ... I mean guns out all the time. Unthinkable in Europe unless the situation had already escalated.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
18-07-2017, 10:19 AM
(18-07-2017 09:16 AM)tomilay Wrote:  It's better if nobody dies in the course of policing. Still I'd rather a brave officer dies in the line of duty than an innocent person dying for the same reason.

That's the most fucked up thing I've ever heard you say.

You must think cops are a sub-species created in a lab, to protect your self-centered ass....

" Hey, it was JUST a cop"...

Angry

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
18-07-2017, 10:26 AM
That poor woman, there's no excuse for that at all, I'd love to see what excuse they come up with assault with deadly pyjamas perhaps or maybe interruption of police donut breaks.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
18-07-2017, 10:27 AM
(18-07-2017 10:19 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(18-07-2017 09:16 AM)tomilay Wrote:  It's better if nobody dies in the course of policing. Still I'd rather a brave officer dies in the line of duty than an innocent person dying for the same reason.

That's the most fucked up thing I've ever heard you say.

You must think cops are a sub-species created in a lab, to protect your self-centered ass....

" Hey, it was JUST a cop"...

Angry

I'd rather not have the officer die. Comprendes?

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 2 users Like tomilay's post