Australian Woman Killed By Police in Minnesota

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-07-2017, 01:06 PM
RE: Australian Woman Killed By Police in Minnesota
(18-07-2017 12:30 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(18-07-2017 11:41 AM)epronovost Wrote:  @SYZ

Isn't a police officer job to protect innocent civilians at the risk of his life? If he risks his life, we should ''expect'' him to lose it from time to time while protecting innocent civilians. That's sad and tragic, but it will happen at some point. We should also ''accept'' the fact that sometime, he will fail to protect innocent civilians, thus that they will die. That's also sad and tragic, but it will happen at some point. What we shouldn't ''accept'' is for the police officer to kill the innocent civilians he was supposed to protect in the first place. Of the three, I think this one is the worst. At least in the first two scenarios, people died while the police officer was doing what we expected of him not the exact opposite. I think that's what Tomilay was trying to express. It's the idea that the role and position of the police officer could be subverted to such a tragic degree.

You're watching too much TV.

June 27th 2005 the US Supreme Court ruled that a law enforcement officer does not have the constitutional duty to protect a person from harm.

Look it up.

A cop protects others of his own free will. He is not sworn to take a bullet for you, me, or anybody else. If he does, it' s simply because he's the better person...

So much for that "protect and serve" motto...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Free Thought's post
18-07-2017, 01:08 PM
(18-07-2017 01:01 PM)epronovost Wrote:  not up to the point that the police itself would become more dangerous to civilians than the dangerous criminals it needs protection from.

Seems to me that if you get off on shooting people in USA all you need to do is join the police force and every section of society with the exception of a few malcontents will cheer you on, bend over backwards to believe in your pathetic excuses, and tell you you're a hero into the bargain.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
18-07-2017, 01:12 PM
(18-07-2017 01:06 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(18-07-2017 12:30 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  You're watching too much TV.

June 27th 2005 the US Supreme Court ruled that a law enforcement officer does not have the constitutional duty to protect a person from harm.

Look it up.

A cop protects others of his own free will. He is not sworn to take a bullet for you, me, or anybody else. If he does, it' s simply because he's the better person...

So much for that "protect and serve" motto...

Awww fuck you beat me to it Angry Wink
18-07-2017, 01:30 PM
(18-07-2017 01:12 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(18-07-2017 01:06 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  So much for that "protect and serve" motto...

Awww fuck you beat me to it Angry Wink

If you think their service sub- par - next time you get robbed, beaten, or otherwise defiled -- call your neighborhood " social justice warriors"....

I'm sure they'll be there quicker than " The Flash".

Tongue

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
18-07-2017, 01:32 PM
(18-07-2017 01:30 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(18-07-2017 01:12 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Awww fuck you beat me to it Angry Wink

If you think their service sub- par - next time you get robbed, beaten, or otherwise defiled -- call your neighborhood " social justice warriors"....

Tongue

Although we disagree that was a damn fine comeback mate Smile
18-07-2017, 01:49 PM
(18-07-2017 07:06 AM)SYZ Wrote:  Damond was the 541st person to have been shot dead by a cop in 2017 alone, according to the [i]Washington Post[/i

There is "suicide by cop" also. It works quite well, they are trained to shoot to kill. Should be quick and painless.

I wonder what percentage of the casualties are that...never mind me, not trying to impact the arguments made here, just musing.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
18-07-2017, 01:53 PM
(18-07-2017 01:30 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(18-07-2017 01:12 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Awww fuck you beat me to it Angry Wink

Tongue

Ironic, given that the woman mentioned in the OP called the cops.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
18-07-2017, 03:36 PM
WTF is the point of having a body camera if the person wearing it can turn it off?

Those cameras should have to be activated and deactivated by a supervisor's key, at the beginning and end of their shift.

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
[+] 5 users Like Dr H's post
18-07-2017, 03:50 PM
(18-07-2017 11:19 AM)ImFred Wrote:  Cops need better pay, better healthcare, non-judgmental training and mental healthcare BEFORE this shit happens. Help with alternative job placement if it's not for them. Sabbaticals.
That's all nice, but I'd start with higher IQ requirements and some actual meaningful mental health standards for candidates before they're allowed to start training as cops.

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
[+] 5 users Like Dr H's post
18-07-2017, 07:39 PM
So if I'm going with the mentality of OLB in this argument, I arrive at, "Bitch should have known better than to call the cops if she thought there was danger, it's really her fault that she's dead. Cops can't be expected to assess a situation before shooting random women in pajamas while putting their own partner at risk in the process, they gots families to think about. Sweet Jesus, ain't nobody got time for that."

Consider

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 7 users Like evenheathen's post