Australian reporter assesses trump at g20.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-07-2017, 05:00 PM
Australian reporter assesses trump at g20.
definitely worth a watch:

http://www.thefader.com/2017/07/09/an-au...t-of-trump

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like ShadowProject's post
10-07-2017, 05:10 PM
RE: Australian reporter assesses trump at g20.
(10-07-2017 05:00 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  definitely worth a watch:

http://www.thefader.com/2017/07/09/an-au...t-of-trump

I posted this in either the impeachment thread or the twitter thread I can't remember which one but it does deserve it's own thread. Yes, this reporter really nailed it. I wish the reporters in the US were more out there with their assessment of this horrible situation. There was a time when they critized the president much more than they do now. The three networks in the US would have a nightly (or maybe weekly) commentary at the end of the news cast by one of the senior reporters but they don't do this anymore. They end it with a "feel good' story" now.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
10-07-2017, 05:18 PM
It is incredible how quickly he and his cronies are dragging the U.S. down, down, down into the gutter. I don't understand why people think we can just cease to cooperate with other countries and somehow become our own self-sufficient entity.

If his voters think we don't need to have allies and partners in order to succeed as a country, then please pass the koolaid they have been drinking. I am surely going to need something to numb this sickening feeling that is getting worse by the day.

[+] 4 users Like ShadowProject's post
10-07-2017, 05:30 PM
Hey ShadowProject. I totally agree.
Unrelated note: I just noticed your stats have you at 1,712 likes in 666 posts. I only note this because I recently had that $ amount come up at the grocery store register and seriously, the cashier about fainted. She seriously considered getting somebody else to finish the transaction for her/me. I still think I should get a pat on the head for not really screwing up her day by telling her I'm atheist.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 4 users Like outtathereligioncloset's post
10-07-2017, 05:35 PM
(10-07-2017 05:18 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  It is incredible how quickly he and his cronies are dragging the U.S. down, down, down into the gutter. I don't understand why people think we can just cease to cooperate with other countries and somehow become our own self-sufficient entity.

It's even more obvious in the European press. You hardly read words like asshole, idiot, global danger, mentally unstable in our papers. Well, Trump has set a new standard for our columnists. He also set new standards for our politicians, who finally begin to grow a spine and finally notice that this isn't the USA saving the day in WWII.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like abaris's post
10-07-2017, 05:48 PM
(10-07-2017 05:18 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  It is incredible how quickly he and his cronies are dragging the U.S. down, down, down into the gutter. I don't understand why people think we can just cease to cooperate with other countries and somehow become our own self-sufficient entity.

If his voters think we don't need to have allies and partners in order to succeed as a country, then please pass the koolaid they have been drinking. I am surely going to need something to numb this sickening feeling that is getting worse by the day.

It's hard and take an objective view but I'm pretty sure that trump will go down as one of the worst leaders in the past 600 years, maybe more. You and I and the entire country have the unfortunate coincidence of living at the same time as this disgusting asshole. And things were going fairly well before all this. It wasn't perfect but it was headed in the right direction. I don't want to be over dramatic but it's almost like a Greek tragedy unfolding.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 4 users Like dancefortwo's post
10-07-2017, 06:06 PM
I don't think you are being dramatic. The amount of (irreparable) damage that can be done in 4 years is almost too much to ponder.

[+] 3 users Like ShadowProject's post
10-07-2017, 06:09 PM
(10-07-2017 06:06 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  I don't think you are being dramatic. The amount of (irreparable) damage that can be done in 4 years is almost too much to ponder.

If he gets to pick another supreme court justice the damage will continue for far longer.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post
10-07-2017, 06:28 PM
(10-07-2017 06:09 PM)unfogged Wrote:  If he gets to pick another supreme court justice the damage will continue for far longer.

What's that with the supreme court anyway? Aren't they there to enforce the constitution and not to interpret it?

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
10-07-2017, 06:51 PM
(10-07-2017 06:28 PM)abaris Wrote:  
(10-07-2017 06:09 PM)unfogged Wrote:  If he gets to pick another supreme court justice the damage will continue for far longer.

What's that with the supreme court anyway? Aren't they there to enforce the constitution and not to interpret it?

No interpreting the constitution is exactly what they are supposed to do.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post