Australian reporter assesses trump at g20.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-07-2017, 09:07 PM
RE: Australian reporter assesses trump at g20.
(10-07-2017 06:51 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(10-07-2017 06:28 PM)abaris Wrote:  What's that with the supreme court anyway? Aren't they there to enforce the constitution and not to interpret it?

No interpreting the constitution is exactly what they are supposed to do.

Yup. Just look at how things have changed over the years. I'd say that the last 50 years have seen a HUGE advance in the democratic/reasonable treatment of people in this country. The current administration is working on removing that treatment. It's going to be an uglier US before it gets better, if these fools persist in their activities, and electing conservative judges will only make it worse, for longer. I realize that there are people here who don't find this current government a government of fools, but there you go.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Fireball's post
11-07-2017, 07:45 AM
(10-07-2017 05:00 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  definitely worth a watch:

http://www.thefader.com/2017/07/09/an-au...t-of-trump

This report was posted on MSNBC last night too. I noticed it on the news shortly after reading your post. I'm glad the reporter is getting international recognition for that, because it was brilliant! Thanks for posting.
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
11-07-2017, 09:24 AM
And more than six months later, I'm still asking myself how could it be that the US citizenry actually elected this pretender to the throne?

Is it indicative of the collective intellectual capacity—or lack thereof—of the American electorate? What made it possible for this buffoon to fool the public so effortlessly?

Thirty years ago, we laughed at the 70-year-old, former B-grade film actor Ronald Reagan as POTUS. Now we laugh at a 71-year-old real estate salesman and game show host as president. Have the Americans learned nothing?

Huh

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 5 users Like SYZ's post
11-07-2017, 09:31 AM
(11-07-2017 09:24 AM)SYZ Wrote:  ... Have the Americans learned nothing?

Now you're getting it. "Learning" is anathema to the murican persona. At this moment a majority of Republicans regard higher education as a negative.
[+] 2 users Like Airportkid's post
11-07-2017, 09:38 AM
There is a huge propaganda machine (Fox News) that is programming people to vote against their best interests. They have managed to capture the attention of the working man, military, police unions, etc. (which before were majority democrat voters) all done under the guise of nationalism.

Give them a collective group to hate (muslims, liberals, women, gays...fill in the blank), feed them non-stop with propaganda news, and voila! you have your base.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like ShadowProject's post