Austria implements "burqa ban"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-10-2017, 11:21 PM
RE: Austria implements "burqa ban"
(06-10-2017 05:00 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(06-10-2017 03:12 PM)Thedemonbarber Wrote:  Read the thread.
I have, but I'm unclear what some people consider the problem to be.

Some participants think the problem is men controlling women and these participants think the answer is to create laws to control the women even more.

Some people have said there is a security issue but haven't provided fact supporting this. (security incidents caused by people in burkas), how widespread this is?

Some people just don't like any Muslim styled clothes.

It's very bizarre for the government to ban clothing styles.

No
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2017, 11:30 PM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2017 11:58 PM by morondog.)
(06-10-2017 03:12 PM)Thedemonbarber Wrote:  
(06-10-2017 03:11 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Sorry, I seemed to have missed something here.
What is the problem that we are looking for a solution to?

Read the thread.

The problem is that some dickheads want to cause shit with Muslims and don't care how they do it, nor can they offer any justification. So they drag the conversation down to their level Dodgy

ETA: DB I'm prepared to say pax if you are, but I'm not backing down here. You're mostly an OK guy from what I've seen of you. Just for the love of Christ actually make an argument rather than say "Oh yeah, well you dumb" Rolleyes So. If you support this ridiculous ban, make a reasonable argument for it. You found a way to push my buttons, congratulations. I'm not some aloof guy who's gonna be the better man.

Also, things here... what you say counts. There's no monopoly on stupidity - I don't claim to be some guy who never says stupid stuff. If you do stick around you'll find plenty of examples of people who've known each other for ages shitting all over each other, so having been here for longer maybe counts from a point of view of liking someone, but it doesn't grant automatic respect.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
07-10-2017, 03:16 AM
(06-10-2017 11:30 PM)morondog Wrote:  The problem is that some dickheads want to cause shit with Muslims and don't care how they do it, nor can they offer any justification. So they drag the conversation down to their level Dodgy

ETA: DB I'm prepared to say pax if you are, but I'm not backing down here. You're mostly an OK guy from what I've seen of you. Just for the love of Christ actually make an argument rather than say "Oh yeah, well you dumb" Rolleyes So. If you support this ridiculous ban, make a reasonable argument for it. You found a way to push my buttons, congratulations. I'm not some aloof guy who's gonna be the better man.

Also, things here... what you say counts. There's no monopoly on stupidity - I don't claim to be some guy who never says stupid stuff. If you do stick around you'll find plenty of examples of people who've known each other for ages shitting all over each other, so having been here for longer maybe counts from a point of view of liking someone, but it doesn't grant automatic respect.

Fair enough... My point all along has been the same point.

Nowhere have I said that the burqa is a security risk, or it should be banned because I don't like it, for me it's about integration...And that point is valid.

I'm going to step out at this point and agree to differ.

Get your own bleeding hymn book
07-10-2017, 03:34 AM
(06-10-2017 04:33 PM)Thedemonbarber Wrote:  I can't leave here now Angry

Here's the thing. Nobody cares.

I know these people. It's about years, time spent...

Anyone who fucks with my friends gets me.

Deal with it.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
07-10-2017, 04:04 AM
(07-10-2017 03:34 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(06-10-2017 04:33 PM)Thedemonbarber Wrote:  I can't leave here now Angry

Here's the thing. Nobody cares.

I know these people. It's about years, time spent...

Anyone who fucks with my friends gets me.

Deal with it.

Bully for you, give yourself a slap on the back.

Get your own bleeding hymn book
07-10-2017, 04:09 AM
I'm sorry. Who are you?

Dickhead.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
07-10-2017, 07:33 AM
(07-10-2017 03:16 AM)Thedemonbarber Wrote:  Fair enough... My point all along has been the same point.

Nowhere have I said that the burqa is a security risk, or it should be banned because I don't like it, for me it's about integration...And that point is valid.

OK so run past me how the burqa ban is gonna help with integration. I think it will have the precise opposite effect, because it will alienate Muslims and encourage the far right.

What's the reasoning that says banning a religious garment is gonna make Muslims integrate with Austrian society better?

As I see it this is a transparently deliberate attempt by politicians to capitalise on anti-Muslim sentiment and cause *division*, not integration.

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
07-10-2017, 07:46 AM
(07-10-2017 07:33 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(07-10-2017 03:16 AM)Thedemonbarber Wrote:  Fair enough... My point all along has been the same point.

OK so run past me how the burqa ban is gonna help with integration. I think it will have the precise opposite effect, because it will alienate Muslims and encourage the far right.

What's the reasoning that says banning a religious garment is gonna make Muslims integrate with Austrian society better?

As I see it this is a transparently deliberate attempt by politicians to capitalise on anti-Muslim sentiment and cause *division*, not integration.

I have to use Russia as an example to explain it. Russia demands that if you want to live there, you learn the language and embrace cultural norms. You will not be there to make Russia just like the place you ran from. In the U.S. we are far too complacent. I think people should be given a chance to be here, but when they start demanding that their food exclusively (halal meat) be served to everyone here, they need to be tossed out. When they demand to continue to treat their women like third class trash just like back home, it is our fault for allowing it when they start treating all women that way. When a jewish man throws a temper tantrum on a plane because he has to sit next to a woman, we need to be tossing his ass off the plane. Preferably while the jet is in the air and at cruising altitude. When the catholics hide a criminal, we should declare the Vatican a rouge state and make war or at least go in and get the piece of double standard crap. I feel the same about any white religions or whatever. Enough of this entitled special treatment.
07-10-2017, 07:52 AM
Quote:When a jewish man throws a temper tantrum on a plane because he has to sit next to a woman, we need to be tossing his ass off the plane.

Careful there. Folks around here are very touchy about airplane evictions.
07-10-2017, 08:05 AM
First. Citation please. Second: that's kinda totalitarian. You know. Not very free speech, free expression. Third: really? You wanna look to Russia for an example of the right thing to do? How much of Russia do you really know?

I know South Africa because I live here. I can tell you that Muslims, Hindus, Christians, Jews, atheists, animists, Sikhs, literally *every* religion under the sun, manages to peacefully coexist here. Of course, we fuck it up by focusing all our hate-mongering on race. BUT. Religious violence is literally *unknown*. I certainly haven't heard of any, and if it did happen the entire nation would be united in condemning it.

And we don't have a burqa ban, nor do we have any restriction on people doing whatever the fuck they like. There is somewhat of a South African culture, but there's strong cultural elements from all over the world. I've frequently seen Muslim women at the shops and elsewhere in their burqa/niqab/whatever the fuck they call it, they're actually quite attractive garments if they're worn right. In other words, we actually do have people here who follow those religious rules, it's not just some hypothetical thing.

In case you're missing why I'm talking about this, I'm citing a specific counter-example to your example of Russia, which I strongly suspect you pulled that example from your arse, and which refutes your totalitarian fantasies of forcing everyone to dress and act the way you like in the name of some kind of cultural assimilation.

[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post