Austria implements "burqa ban"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-10-2017, 08:10 AM
RE: Austria implements "burqa ban"
Rob, mate, I don't know what to say. Our experiences differ.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-10-2017, 09:38 AM
(08-10-2017 04:12 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
Quote:Do you believe that acts of Islamic terror on the streets of Europe are carried out by well integrated individuals?

How many of those islamist terror attacks were caused by muslims trying to hide their face behind...whatever?

Zero, but if you read exactly what I've written you would know that's not what I'm saying.
I do not believe the burqa to be a security risk or not a significant one, all I've spoken about throughout this thread is integration basically.

How do you expect young Muslims to embrace western culture when being brought up in families who obviously do not want to integrate?
These are the young people who feel disengaged with society, these people should be looking forward to a bright future, not holding on to this outdated nonsense.

Get your own bleeding hymn book
08-10-2017, 09:55 AM
(08-10-2017 09:38 AM)Thedemonbarber Wrote:  I do not believe the burqa to be a security risk or not a significant one, all I've spoken about throughout this thread is integration basically.

You know how it is with enforcing certain things. How would you feel, if the government enforced you to wear a clowns suit, because of integration? Integration needs work, understanding and the willingness to share the values on offer, not enforcement.

But that aside. Integration in this case is only lip service. I know the people involved and their agendas. It's not aimed at granting women rights. It's aimed at populous sentiments. It's also aimed at making life uncomfortable for certain groups of people and it's aimed at the freedom of expression. A burka ban would have been unconstitutional, but a welcome side effect of a wholesale ban is making life difficult for certain street artists and demonstrators as well.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like abaris's post
08-10-2017, 10:09 AM
(08-10-2017 09:55 AM)abaris Wrote:  You know how it is with enforcing certain things. How would you feel, if the government enforced you to wear a clowns suit, because of integration?

As far as I know, the government are not forcing them to wear anything, their families/husbands are. And at the risk of sounding like a broken record I'll say again, If they choose to wear it then they are not interested in integration into western society.
On I side note though, I would be happy to wear a clown suit for the good of society.

Get your own bleeding hymn book
08-10-2017, 10:11 AM
(08-10-2017 01:34 AM)morondog Wrote:  How about Saudi Arabia makes it a law that it's illegal to display a Darwin or a Jesus fish on your person or e.g. on a bumper sticker...

It's actually is illegal in any Muslim country for a woman to enter a mosque without wearing a head covering. Been there, done that with, my wife. So the question can be conversely—and legitimately—asked in a Western country: Why should Muslim women not be forced by nominally secular laws to remove their head coverings? We happily comply with their religious laws and social expectations in their country; why should they not when in our country?

And in both those scenarios, it's just as much a matter of deference and respect for the sensibilities of the citizens of each country.

And yes... I do find this sort of image confrontational...

[Image: 23433b9eb21ece9e0f702a0b40e39fbb.jpg]

... where I come from, the purportedly multicultural city of Melbourne, with a population of 4.5 million.

—When in Rome, and all that stuff...

Sad

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
08-10-2017, 10:30 AM
(07-10-2017 02:32 PM)morondog Wrote:  Why should some politicians get to decide these things for me...

Simply because in a democratic country, politicians legislate laws that are ultimately in the best interests of the general population that elected them to do so. If you really don't want your government to "decide" things for you, then you'd better not go to live in Iran, Turkey, or Pakistan etc. LOL.

But apparently (from the tone of your comment) you're okay with those Islamic countries' governments "deciding" what the people can and can not do? The women can be told by the church/state—at the threat of punishment for non-compliance— to not bare their legs, arms, or heads.

So in a nutshell... you're unhappy when our Western governments tell us what we can or cannot do, but it's perfectly okay with you in other non-Western countries? Doesn't gel.

08-10-2017, 11:24 AM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2017 12:22 PM by Bucky Ball.)
While face-coverings are understandable, (to forbid) when confronted with THIS, they have no response and babble like little kids.
In fact they APPROVE/APPROVED very much of this. Very little difference.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0053131/mediaindex

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
08-10-2017, 11:41 AM
Quote:asked in a Western country: Why should Muslim women not be forced by nominally secular laws to remove their head coverings?

I'll just speak for America. Because I don't want America to have a fucking dress code. Also, I'm about inclusion. If she wants to cover up and she lives in my neighborhood I consider her covering as American as a red, white, and blue bikini. It's her right to be who she is. I don't want her to dress anyway except for how she wants to dress. My ideal might not really exist, but the culture I want to live in is a culture where someone can where a burqa or a bikini or whatever they want. If she's in America and she wants to wear a burqa then the burqa IS American. If you try to fuck with her then you're fucking with me, too. It's not my goal to offer a counterpoint to Iranian dress codes or whatever. That's pathetic.
[+] 2 users Like I'mFred's post
08-10-2017, 11:51 AM
(08-10-2017 11:41 AM)ImFred Wrote:  ...I don't want her to dress anyway except for how she wants to dress. My ideal might not really exist, but the culture I want to live in is a culture where someone can wear a burqa or a bikini or whatever they want. If she's in America and she wants to wear a burqa then the burqa IS American.

Oh yeah? Try wearing that same bikini into St Paul's Cathedral in Melbourne, the Washington National Cathedral in DC, or the Westminster Cathedral in London. You won't get past the door.

And can I ask... are you an Islamic sympathiser for any particular reason? For an atheist, you seem to be extremely defensive on their behalf, to the point of being angry about it; "If you try to fuck with her then you're fucking with me".

Ouch.

08-10-2017, 12:16 PM
I'm not an Islamic sympathizer. I'm a freedom sympathizer. Sombrero, burqa, kimono, confederate flag hat, swastika arm band. Wear what you want.