Austria implements "burqa ban"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-10-2017, 05:28 AM
RE: Austria implements "burqa ban"
(09-10-2017 04:48 AM)Thedemonbarber Wrote:  
(09-10-2017 04:42 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Also, 'full integration' is such an undefined and nebulous term as to be almost meaningless. Where is the line, what is the standard? What separates wearing a burqa and hijab from family restaurants serving lasagna in Little Italy?

I'm not even going to hurt myself thinking up an answer to that.

Then you should probably stop bandying about 'full integration' as one of your primary points of contention, no? Consider

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
09-10-2017, 05:39 AM
(09-10-2017 04:53 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(09-10-2017 04:42 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Also, 'full integration' is such an undefined and nebulous term as to be almost meaningless. Where is the line, what is the standard? What separates wearing a burqa and hijab from family restaurants serving lasagna in Little Italy?

As I read it, "Dress like us, think like us, don't come here from your shitty hell-hole you called a country before we bombed it, and maybe you'll be *allowed* to be a second-class citizen in our fine Western democratic society. Don't complain either, you uppity fucks, be grateful for the opportunities we grudgingly give you because we can't figure out a way to take them away without contravening our constitution which ironically and frustratingly was not written by a bunch of jerks".

I can't believe that you view our society in that way, I view the Uk as a very liberal place very welcoming inclusive and tolerant, all our major cities (and larger towns) are multicultural and proud to be so.

I'm of the opinion that our society is very much live and let live, and the majority of us have welcomed people from all over the world into our lives and my view is that the huge diversity of cultures has enhanced our society.
I don't view anyone as a second class citizen, not one bit.

We have equality and diversity laws in place to protect people, we respect other peoples belief systems, we are inclusive, we are liberal, and we are better than your post suggests.

Get your own bleeding hymn book
09-10-2017, 05:46 AM
(09-10-2017 05:28 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(09-10-2017 04:48 AM)Thedemonbarber Wrote:  I'm not even going to hurt myself thinking up an answer to that.

Then you should probably stop bandying about 'full integration' as one of your primary points of contention, no? Consider

What I mean by full integration is taking part in society, embracing different cultures, loving the country your living in (or even liking it would do)
Not closing yourself off, having an us and them mentality, being intolerant etc.

09-10-2017, 05:46 AM
(09-10-2017 05:39 AM)Thedemonbarber Wrote:  
(09-10-2017 04:53 AM)morondog Wrote:  As I read it, "Dress like us, think like us, don't come here from your shitty hell-hole you called a country before we bombed it, and maybe you'll be *allowed* to be a second-class citizen in our fine Western democratic society. Don't complain either, you uppity fucks, be grateful for the opportunities we grudgingly give you because we can't figure out a way to take them away without contravening our constitution which ironically and frustratingly was not written by a bunch of jerks".

I can't believe that you view our society in that way, I view the Uk as a very liberal place very welcoming inclusive and tolerant, all our major cities (and larger towns) are multicultural and proud to be so.

I'm of the opinion that our society is very much live and let live, and the majority of us have welcomed people from all over the world into our lives and my view is that the huge diversity of cultures has enhanced our society.

We have equality and diversity laws in place to protect people, we respect other peoples belief systems, we are inclusive, we are liberal, and we are better than your post suggests.

See Also: Brexit

a.k.a. people losing their shit over inclusive immigration policies Undecided

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
09-10-2017, 05:48 AM
(09-10-2017 05:46 AM)Thedemonbarber Wrote:  
(09-10-2017 05:28 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Then you should probably stop bandying about 'full integration' as one of your primary points of contention, no? Consider

What I mean by full integration is taking part in society, embracing different cultures, loving the country your living in (or even liking it would do)
Not closing yourself off, having an us and them mentality, being intolerant etc.

Sure. So how come you're not welcoming them by wearing a hijab yourself to make them more comfortable, by wowing them with your tolerance and acceptance of their customs? Consider

09-10-2017, 05:48 AM
(09-10-2017 05:46 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(09-10-2017 05:39 AM)Thedemonbarber Wrote:  I can't believe that you view our society in that way, I view the Uk as a very liberal place very welcoming inclusive and tolerant, all our major cities (and larger towns) are multicultural and proud to be so.

See Also: Brexit

Maybe there was more to it?

09-10-2017, 06:24 AM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2017 06:29 AM by Thedemonbarber.)
(09-10-2017 05:48 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(09-10-2017 05:46 AM)Thedemonbarber Wrote:  What I mean by full integration is taking part in society, embracing different cultures, loving the country your living in (or even liking it would do)

Sure. So how come you're not welcoming them by wearing a hijab yourself to make them more comfortable, by wowing them with your tolerance and acceptance of their customs? Consider

A. I'm a man
B. I'm an atheist, I wouldn't wear a cross either
C. I don't do wowing
D. I can only accept non harmful customs
E. Shit you said "hijab" forget D.

09-10-2017, 06:44 AM
(09-10-2017 06:24 AM)Thedemonbarber Wrote:  
(09-10-2017 05:48 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Sure. So how come you're not welcoming them by wearing a hijab yourself to make them more comfortable, by wowing them with your tolerance and acceptance of their customs? Consider

A. I'm a man
B. I'm an atheist, I wouldn't wear a cross either
C. I don't do wowing
D. I can only accept non harmful customs
E. Shit you said "hijab" forget D.

Hopefully one of these days you'll learn that 'cultural exchange' is a two way street.

09-10-2017, 06:45 AM
(09-10-2017 05:48 AM)Thedemonbarber Wrote:  
(09-10-2017 05:46 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  See Also: Brexit

Maybe there was more to it?

Oh, indeed there was. But 'end open borders' was the 'drain the swamp' or 'lock her up' of that vote. Not a good look form the outside, is all I'm sayin'.

09-10-2017, 06:55 AM
To show you all where this is leading, this guy was fined because he refused to take off the costume. It's a promotion for a shop opening - Americans probably know stuff like that. The chain in question, called McShark, will pay the fine, but you see where this is leading. Such as the street musicians I posted earlier. All very dangerous, I suppose.

[Image: dsc00275.5664889.jpg]

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes abaris's post