Austria implements "burqa ban"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-10-2017, 03:07 PM
RE: Austria implements "burqa ban"
(04-10-2017 01:40 PM)morondog Wrote:  Unless these clowns want to mandate that everyone goes naked everywhere. Dunno if Austria has the climate for that.

Not one of our biggest problems. Certainly less than in the USA.

But as I said, it's populous window dressing, driven by christian law and order conservatives and, of course, the extreme right.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes abaris's post
04-10-2017, 03:09 PM
(04-10-2017 11:41 AM)Stevil Wrote:  
(04-10-2017 04:02 AM)Thedemonbarber Wrote:  I think it is actually governments role to promote integration if multicultural societies are to survive.

I'm for the ban, I believe that in free, modern, forward thinking societies there is no place for this attire. Many women are forced to cover, not just in Islamic countries but also across the west.
These two statements above contradict each other.

If you want a Muslim woman to integrate into society, you need to welcome her, you need to make her feel safe, you need to talk to her.

If you ban the way she looks then she will not join society, she will be stuck at home wondering what society is like.

Those two statements compliment each other.

If I wanted to integrate into a society, the last thing I would want to do is to put up a barrier, I believe that removing this barrier will help Muslim women integrate more fully.

Get your own bleeding hymn book
[+] 1 user Likes Thedemonbarber's post
04-10-2017, 03:20 PM
(04-10-2017 03:09 PM)Thedemonbarber Wrote:  If I wanted to integrate into a society, the last thing I would want to do is to put up a barrier, I believe that removing this barrier will help Muslim women integrate more fully.

But it's unconstitutional for starters. If it targeted just one religion or culture. That's why they implemented a wholesale ban on all headgear covering the face. No burqa and no clowns mask either. I wonder how they handle matters with the clowns frequenting one of the major shopping streets of Vienna. They're all dressed up, promoting different services. By right the should be subject to the same treatment.

In all probability they won't get fined, since they say it will be implemented using a sense of proportion. Which is yet another way to circumvent the constitution. It's pretty clear that the legislation was implemented to target muslims. And demonstrators on the side. As I said, knowing the political forces involved, both groups are on their radar for being a nuisance.

[+] 1 user Likes abaris's post
04-10-2017, 03:23 PM
(04-10-2017 02:27 PM)morondog Wrote:  So to be clear, you're suggesting that because an elderly white man shot a whole bunch of people in America, a bunch of other people not connected in any way should have their rights to freedom of expression abrogated?

Also... if a criminal didn't want to be recognised in your fancy face recognition database that you're prattling on about, you think they would lack the ability to change their appearance and a burqa ban will solve all the problems? Whoops! Too bad guys, we'll have to come up with a new plan. The burqa idea just ain't gonna fly any more.

Christ that's dumb Facepalm

Why yes, it would make a difference. Covered head to toe has become the norm for islam. If it becomes not the norm, yes hiding your face will draw attention.
04-10-2017, 03:28 PM
(04-10-2017 02:48 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(04-10-2017 02:17 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  That wouldn't work. After an event such as the vegas shooting, the police use footage from store cameras, atm cameras, and anything else available.
The guy had purchased a one way ticket. It didn't matter if his face were caught on camera. Actually, it seems he brought his own camera to record the fun for all to see.

(04-10-2017 02:17 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  If I were to wear a burka (a mask would draw attention) and say steal a car, commit some kind of crime, then slip back home wearing same burka.
Nitpicky I know, but I think you would draw a lot of attention if you were driving a car in a burka, you might even get pulled over by the police for unsafe driving. (driving with obstructed view).

If you were running down town in a burka, that would also attract a lot of attention.

But anyway, if you google Austria and burqa ban, you'll find that they are not banning it due to security concerns. They are banning it because they think it isn't part of their current culture and they want these immigrants to assimilate by looking like the locals.

But that is where you are wrong. I have seen drivers in NJ wearing burkas. They may be unsafe, but the libs feel the only reason they would get pulled over is racism. Towns would get hit with lawsuits by the aclu among others for discriminating.
04-10-2017, 03:30 PM
(04-10-2017 03:23 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Covered head to toe has become the norm for islam.

That's bull. I haven't seen even one burqa in my whole life. And we got a lot of muslims coming from very different regions. It may escape your notice that the culture between islamic countries is very different. One of the majority muslim countries is right on our borders. Bosnia, and they have nothing in common with the Middle East. Apart from the fact that the Middle East also isn't a homogenous mass.

[+] 2 users Like abaris's post
04-10-2017, 04:58 PM
(03-10-2017 12:46 PM)epronovost Wrote:  
(03-10-2017 12:31 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  I'm not sure if I approve as I don't think gov should be regulating what people wear. On the other hand I'm aware that wearing burqa may not exactly be a choice so some action to free women may be needed.

You don't free women; they free themselves. Telling a women who is wearring a burqa or a niqab to remove her face veil will in no way make her free. The prison bars are in her mind, not her face.

I am in favor of burqa or niqab ban in public spaces as I think its profoundly anti-social to conceal your identity at all time, but I am keenly aware that this will not change the real level of power, respect and authority of those women.

Nope, that will only come when religion is stamped out of existence. Which is not likely within my grandchildren's lives.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
04-10-2017, 06:36 PM
Someone buy me a plane ticket to Austria and a XXXL burqa for men. Nobody's telling me what I can and cannot wear.
[+] 2 users Like I'mFred's post
04-10-2017, 06:44 PM
(04-10-2017 06:36 PM)ImFred Wrote:  Someone buy me a plane ticket to Austria and a XXXL burqa for men. Nobody's telling me what I can and cannot wear.

You mean the Burka from just the neck up? Angel Nothing else?

04-10-2017, 06:46 PM
As someone who works in the business of preventing shoplifting, I'm fine with this law.