Austria implements "burqa ban"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-10-2017, 06:47 PM
RE: Austria implements "burqa ban"
(04-10-2017 06:44 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(04-10-2017 06:36 PM)ImFred Wrote:  Someone buy me a plane ticket to Austria and a XXXL burqa for men. Nobody's telling me what I can and cannot wear.

You mean the Burka from just the neck up? Angel Nothing else?

Shit, the whole world would convert to Islam if I did that. There's one thing that will make a believe out of anyone.

my penis
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-10-2017, 06:48 PM
(04-10-2017 03:09 PM)Thedemonbarber Wrote:  
(04-10-2017 11:41 AM)Stevil Wrote:  These two statements above contradict each other.

If you want a Muslim woman to integrate into society, you need to welcome her, you need to make her feel safe, you need to talk to her.

If you ban the way she looks then she will not join society, she will be stuck at home wondering what society is like.

Those two statements compliment each other.

If I wanted to integrate into a society, the last thing I would want to do is to put up a barrier, I believe that removing this barrier will help Muslim women integrate more fully.
If a woman believes that she must wear a burka and if you make it illegal to wear a burka in public then the woman is forced to stay at home.
Your law has pushed her away, told her to hide even more than she is already doing. You are telling her that she is not wanted in society, not allowed in society.
You are doing the exact opposite of what you are wanting to acheive.
[+] 2 users Like Stevil's post
04-10-2017, 06:59 PM
(04-10-2017 03:28 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(04-10-2017 02:48 PM)Stevil Wrote:  The guy had purchased a one way ticket. It didn't matter if his face were caught on camera. Actually, it seems he brought his own camera to record the fun for all to see.

Nitpicky I know, but I think you would draw a lot of attention if you were driving a car in a burka, you might even get pulled over by the police for unsafe driving. (driving with obstructed view).

But that is where you are wrong. I have seen drivers in NJ wearing burkas. They may be unsafe, but the libs feel the only reason they would get pulled over is racism. Towns would get hit with lawsuits by the aclu among others for discriminating.
Shit, I'd just assumed. Had never seen a woman driving in a burka, myself.

I'm not so worried about the ones with slits for eyes, but the one where a sheet is completely over the eyes seems to be a driving hazard.
Wonder how good visibility is looking out of those things?
04-10-2017, 09:51 PM
(04-10-2017 02:52 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(04-10-2017 02:22 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  What happened to equal rights? They get to cover up completely and hide who they are. We should get to as well.
Really? Feeling jealous?

Perhaps you could wear a burka too. I don't think there is a law against non Muslims wearing them.
Try it out, see how that goes for you.

A teeny bit of advice Stevil, ignore birdbrain.

If you’re not aware of his stupidity check out his list of posts. He’s jealous of everyone.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

04-10-2017, 11:10 PM (This post was last modified: 04-10-2017 11:14 PM by Robvalue.)
I've been trying to make sense of what's going on here, and I had a quick look at the ban made in France. It seems that integration was also cited as a reason there. I wonder how that has worked out.

Such a ban (in any country) does mean that new generations of Muslims can't be forced to cover their face, which is what is really happening. Would this force Islam to start to bend to secularism?

However, from what I've gathered so far, this particular country doing it seems highly suspicious at the moment.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-10-2017, 02:20 AM
(04-10-2017 06:48 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(04-10-2017 03:09 PM)Thedemonbarber Wrote:  Those two statements compliment each other.

If I wanted to integrate into a society, the last thing I would want to do is to put up a barrier, I believe that removing this barrier will help Muslim women integrate more fully.
If a woman believes that she must wear a burka and if you make it illegal to wear a burka in public then the woman is forced to stay at home.
Your law has pushed her away, told her to hide even more than she is already doing. You are telling her that she is not wanted in society, not allowed in society.

Stevil you are wrong here.

Muslim women who wear the burqa are far more likely to become isolated from society than those who don't, these women in a lot of cases are forced to live their lives this way.

No women should ever be in this position, held back by male dominance and a ridiculous rule book.

Honestly now, how many of these women do you see integrating successfully into Western society? How many in the workforce for example?

Get your own bleeding hymn book
05-10-2017, 02:34 AM
(05-10-2017 02:20 AM)Thedemonbarber Wrote:  
(04-10-2017 06:48 PM)Stevil Wrote:  If a woman believes that she must wear a burka and if you make it illegal to wear a burka in public then the woman is forced to stay at home.

Stevil you are wrong here.

Muslim women who wear the burqa are far more likely to become isolated from society than those who don't, these women in a lot of cases are forced to live their lives this way.

No women should ever be in this position, held back by male dominance and a ridiculous rule book.

Honestly now, how many of these women do you see integrating successfully into Western society? How many in the workforce for example?

So your solution is to force them to follow *your* rule book? Where's the bit where the women themselves get a say?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
05-10-2017, 06:06 AM
(04-10-2017 06:59 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(04-10-2017 03:28 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  But that is where you are wrong. I have seen drivers in NJ wearing burkas. They may be unsafe, but the libs feel the only reason they would get pulled over is racism. Towns would get hit with lawsuits by the aclu among others for discriminating.
Shit, I'd just assumed. Had never seen a woman driving in a burka, myself.

I'm not so worried about the ones with slits for eyes, but the one where a sheet is completely over the eyes seems to be a driving hazard.
Wonder how good visibility is looking out of those things?

I did about 6 months work as security outside a hotel and about once a month there was some big muslim thing going on. During the day it sucks to not be able to identify anyone because they all literally look the same. Covered head to toe in a black tarp, but at night they were one hell of a risk. Wondering through the parking lot wearing black fabric with nothing light colored visible at all. I came close to hitting many of them. Just that alone the burka should be banned.
05-10-2017, 12:54 PM
(04-10-2017 11:10 PM)Robvalue Wrote:  Would this force Islam to start to bend to secularism?

You know how it is when something is enforced and not done willingly. The natural reaction is resentment.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
[+] 4 users Like abaris's post
05-10-2017, 03:16 PM
(05-10-2017 12:54 PM)abaris Wrote:  
(04-10-2017 11:10 PM)Robvalue Wrote:  Would this force Islam to start to bend to secularism?

You know how it is when something is enforced and not done willingly. The natural reaction is resentment.

Yeah, like having to accept people covered head to toe is enforced. If you disagree even a little, you are racist. Islam, it does not matter what particular sect is not a stinking race. It is a religion, nothing more.
[+] 1 user Likes Birdguy1979's post