Autism is caused by sin!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-08-2015, 05:40 AM
Autism is caused by sin!
I completely understand. I came out of the same woo with families in our little Pentecostal church that had autistic children. That is why I discount the stupidity of those doctrines so candidly.

Nevertheless people DO in fact believe them and it is a serious delusion we must attempt to dispel on every level.

**Crickets** -- God
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Tonechaser77's post
29-08-2015, 06:27 AM
RE: Autism is caused by sin!
The real reason for this list is #9.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
29-08-2015, 06:39 AM (This post was last modified: 29-08-2015 08:11 AM by Anjele.)
This sort of crap is so damaging. I took an Introduction to Deaf Culture at school a few years back and had a classmate who was a little person...he wanted to learn interpreting to help people because of all the people who had helped him. There was another classmate who was in a lesbian relationship, she was losing her hearing and wanted to start learning sign before it was necessary.

There was another woman in the class who told the young woman that God was taking away her ability to hear as punishment for her lifestyle. She told the man that he had Dwarfism because of some sin his parents had committed and the Dwarfism was the family punishment.

Eventually the woman quit the class or washed out of it. What an evil, hateful thing to say to another human being.

Facepalm

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
29-08-2015, 06:51 AM
When going through the diagnosis process, we read about people who threw the parental sins accusation, as Anj says...

(29-08-2015 06:39 AM)Anjele Wrote:  ... She told the man that he had Dwarfism because of some sin his parents had committed

... but we did not have personal experience of it (probably due to the de-religioning that's happened in the UK) but we got the modern pop-doctor equivalent e.g. "musta been something about her diet when she was pregnant" etc.

Same attitude, different attribution.

Dodgy

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
29-08-2015, 06:56 AM
This is what happens when limited intellects are hooked up to the internet.

Steaming heaps of fetid woo that poorly attempt to explain the universe.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
29-08-2015, 07:23 AM
Every time I read something like this it reminds me yet again why I am so happy to be free from religion. This is the same kind of crap my church would teach. Back when I was Christian, I thought every bad thing that was happening to me in my life was for one of two reasons: either God was upset with some sin I did or he was using whatever bad thing that was happening in my life as a teaching moment to make me a better person/grow closer to him.

What a fucked up religion!
[+] 7 users Like jennybee's post
29-08-2015, 07:30 AM
"You did something bad, so I'm going to make your child suffer" seems like an awful harsh sentence from a loving god.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 7 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
29-08-2015, 07:43 AM (This post was last modified: 29-08-2015 07:51 AM by cactus.)
Freemasonry involves idol worship?
I guess whoever wrote this can't separate the words "worship" and "ritual."

The Boy Scouts of America is a religious organization with rituals, too. I guess they're practicing idol worship.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
29-08-2015, 08:28 AM
Quote:2. Make a list of all your sins and repent of every one of them with genuine repentance (ask God to remind you of past sins, any abortions and sexual sins especially)

Yes, you will have to be reminded because uhm, that abortion just slipped your mind. Dodgy

One thing is certain: repentance will never be genuine enough.

It's the twisty, rollercoaster they put you on to add to the insinuation: everything is up to you but, you'll never be good enough.

Yea ... that's not confusing. Blink

They are handing out the perfect drug. You know you want it. In fact, you need it. Take it. First one is always free. After that, use promo code +Jesus+ and get the introductory tote bag.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
29-08-2015, 08:44 AM (This post was last modified: 29-08-2015 10:57 PM by Ace.)
I have a cure for autism:
offer bacon and pizza as sacrifices for your almighty stomach

after seeing someone who has high credibility in practicing medicine involving autism
[+] 1 user Likes Ace's post