Auto-ban, banning based on rep

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-02-2015, 12:24 PM
RE: Auto-ban, banning based on rep
(23-02-2015 12:16 PM)ResistenceXD0001 Wrote:  The problem with this idea, is that rep is given based on opinion of the posters views more often than not, so its not an exactly fair way to ban people.

Although I agree with your conclusion, I don't agree with your reasoning.

The vast majority of neg reps I've read relate more to the poster's style rather than their content.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-02-2015, 12:27 PM
(23-02-2015 12:24 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(23-02-2015 12:16 PM)ResistenceXD0001 Wrote:  The problem with this idea, is that rep is given based on opinion of the posters views more often than not, so its not an exactly fair way to ban people.

Although I agree with your conclusion, I don't agree with your reasoning.

The vast majority of neg reps I've read relate more to the poster's style rather than their content.

You really cant say for all people.... but at any rate NO TO AUTOBANNING!!!!! Evil_monsterEvil_monsterEvil_monsterEvil_monster
23-02-2015, 12:31 PM
If we banned people based on their rep, we'd basically just be booting people for being unpopular.

Not on my watch, and I can say with confidence, not on Moms' watch either. That's just not how we roll. Wink

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 4 users Like Stark Raving's post
23-02-2015, 12:44 PM
(23-02-2015 12:27 PM)ResistenceXD0001 Wrote:  
(23-02-2015 12:24 PM)DLJ Wrote:  ...
The vast majority of

You really cant say for all people....

Indeed, I really can't. That's why I didn't.

Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
03-03-2015, 10:30 PM
(23-02-2015 12:31 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  If we banned people based on their rep, we'd basically just be booting people for being unpopular.

Not on my watch, and I can say with confidence, not on Moms' watch either. That's just not how we roll. Wink

Oh I agree.

I know I can be a very confrontational poster which has stirred up a couple of small witch hunts against me, so if the members were given the power to ban someone it would snowball from 3 or 4 people complaining to each other in IMs to a recruiting center of like-minded individuals who could ban anyone they wanted.

Since I am not very popular here, I would be banned.

Sad

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
04-03-2015, 04:57 AM
I prefer the auto-ban where the one who makes a thread about banning people gets automatically banned. Big Grin

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
04-03-2015, 05:36 AM
(23-02-2015 12:31 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  If we banned people based on their rep, we'd basically just be booting people for being unpopular.

Speaking of Moms, why isn't she an admin again?

[Image: oscar.png]
04-03-2015, 08:41 AM
(04-03-2015 05:36 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  

Glass ceiling. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
04-03-2015, 10:09 AM
(04-03-2015 05:36 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  

Knowing her simply because she prefers her name to be pretty and purple than green.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
04-03-2015, 03:21 PM
I prefer my name to be orange and yet here we are..

[Image: oscar.png]