Auto-ban, banning based on rep

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-03-2015, 05:36 PM
RE: Auto-ban, banning based on rep
I think we should autoban based on geographic location. We should start with New Zealand 'cause nobody would notice.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
04-03-2015, 06:07 PM
I say we ban Girly for being a twat and suggesting such idiotic suggestions.

[Image: oscar.png]
04-03-2015, 06:16 PM
(04-03-2015 05:36 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I think we should autoban based on geographic location. We should start with New Zealand 'cause nobody would notice.

But, but...my day isn't complete till I see that Muffs has posted in Ranting Corner. Blink

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
04-03-2015, 06:56 PM
(04-03-2015 06:16 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Muffs

I see what you did there Big Grin

[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post
04-03-2015, 07:02 PM
(04-03-2015 06:07 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I say we ban Girly for being a cunt and suggesting such idiotic suggestions.

Fixed.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
04-03-2015, 07:07 PM
(23-02-2015 11:30 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  I thought this would be interesting, what if the admins could set an auto-ban to where it would trigger at a certain negative rep level reached. I think a -20 would probably provide a quick demise to a few of these trolls.

I know this wouldn't be implemented, but still.....

Nah, bad idea.

I haven’t been happier with this joint since Stark and Moms took control of the Banhammer.

We will never have a concensus on who should stay and who should go but leaving it in the hands of the mob is a dangerous idea.

[Image: BVhAhdR.gif]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
05-03-2015, 05:27 PM
Personally I think it's a great idea. Then TTA members can finally get rid of anyone who doesn't submit to the groupthink instead of just throwing ad hominen at them until they disappear.

Get rid of those people who can't detect sarcasm too.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
06-03-2015, 12:29 AM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2015 01:05 AM by Lienda Bella.)
I guess you didn't have certain experiences some of us have on three or four different sites that the idea of banning by rep. would seem absurd to you.
06-03-2015, 02:18 AM
I see the negative rep. as something you should actualy get rid of.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 2 users Like The Germans are coming's post
06-03-2015, 06:27 AM
(04-03-2015 07:07 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(23-02-2015 11:30 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  I thought this would be interesting, what if the admins could set an auto-ban to where it would trigger at a certain negative rep level reached. I think a -20 would probably provide a quick demise to a few of these trolls.

I know this wouldn't be implemented, but still.....

Nah, bad idea.

I haven’t been happier with this joint since Stark and Moms took control of the Banhammer.

We will never have a concensus on who should stay and who should go but leaving it in the hands of the mob is a dangerous idea.

[Image: BVhAhdR.gif]

Yeah, I can see some of the pifalls pointed out in this thread, I was just getting REALLY frustrated by a certain theist chowderhead on these forums.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition