Avengers Age of Ultron (Massive Spoilers)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-05-2015, 10:50 AM
Avengers Age of Ultron (Massive Spoilers)
No film could ever live up to the hype that this movie had going in. The last 2 marvel releases were Captain America 2 and Guardians of the Galaxy and AoU is as good as neither of those, it is however superior to Iron man 3 and Thor 2. Age of Ultron is not a bad film but it does have some big problems.

First off the script, major issues here as the original cut of the film was 3 and a half hours long!!! If your script about Superheroes punching robots is 3 and a half hours long you need to do a total rewrite, instead Whedon cut it down to 2:15 and it shows. Vital scenes of character development are missing mainly from Black Widow and the twins. I think we should address the elephant in the room as it goes to Black Widow, in the movie due to an obvious hard edit she seems to imply that because she can't have kids she is a monster on par with the Hulk. There might as well be a black "Scene Missing" frame in the middle of her conversation with Bruce because I think Whedon was alluding to her being a cold blooded assassin with that line but the hard edit completely changed the message. If her being unable to have children is what he meant it to be WTAF?

A tale of 2 forced scenes. There are 2 very abrupt and narrative halting scenes in AoU the Farmhouse and The Pool of Plot Convenience, this was apparently a major fight between Whedon and Marvel executives. Whedon wanted the Farm scenes and Marvel wanted a scene with Thor in a pool of water. It apparently got heated to the point where Marvel was going to remove all the Farm scenes unless the Thor water scene was there. Because of this butting of heads both scenes were added both felt forced and we lost a good bit of back story on both the Twins and the Black Widow Hulk thing.

Lastly the curveball at the end. Hawkeye may as well have said he was retiring tomorrow for all the red flags that were thrown up telegraphing he was going to die, except Jeremy Renner had just resigned for 3 more movies. So instead they killed poor Quicksilver who had maybe a dozen lines in the film. Huge waste of a character and not even a good emotional moment because we had just met him and felt no connection. It felt very forced and does not fit with the character as he had been portrayed previously in the film.

All that said there were some great moments the Party scene was probably the high point of the movie with all the avengers sitting around trying to lift Thor's hammer, and him about crapping himself when Cap gets it to move a bit. Vision was cool for the little bit we got to see him, Hawkeye was treated much better this time (almost too well) and I Heart James Spader in anything so Ultron was pretty cool.

Overall I give it 7/10 could be revised after the directors cut is released.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
08-05-2015, 11:25 AM
RE: Avengers Age of Ultron (Massive Spoilers)
I agree, I mean like, why was Skaasgard even in the movie. How was his character relevant at all for Thor to find the magic pool thingy? More cut scenes?
09-05-2015, 11:19 AM
What a fucking AWESOME movie this was!! AWESOME!!!

The Ultron character was brilliant, such sarcasm and confusion on his face, like "How can you stupid organics not understand this"... Perfect. And the Vision was epic.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
09-05-2015, 12:18 PM
Going to see it soon. Soooooo excited. No, didn't read revs review cause I wanna be surprised. Tongue

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
09-05-2015, 12:37 PM
I wanted it to be a bit more darker. I liked Ultron, but I never really dug the whole Black Widow/ Bruce thing. I guess I am just a purist in that regard.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
09-05-2015, 12:50 PM
(09-05-2015 12:37 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  I wanted it to be a bit more darker. I liked Ultron, but I never really dug the whole Black Widow/ Bruce thing. I guess I am just a purist in that regard.

Had they let it play out a bit on screen rather than just having it come out of left field it could have worked. As it was though it fell flat, this is a problem when all your character development comes in the standalone movies and 3 of your 6 Avengers don't get standalone movies.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
09-05-2015, 01:04 PM
I have to agree the movie was great but was poorly edited. As for the whole Black Widow/kids angle, Bruce was just saying that one of the main reasons they couldn't be together was because he would not bring kids into this world given his condition, and she said that's not a problem because I'm sterile. I see nothing wrong with this and I see it as more character development, learning even more back story on her and showing just how badly she wants to be with him, to be vulnerable at that moment to reveal that secret, etc.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-05-2015, 01:27 PM
(09-05-2015 01:04 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  I have to agree the movie was great but was poorly edited. As for the whole Black Widow/kids angle, Bruce was just saying that one of the main reasons they couldn't be together was because he would not bring kids into this world given his condition, and she said that's not a problem because I'm sterile. I see nothing wrong with this and I see it as more character development, learning even more back story on her and showing just how badly she wants to be with him, to be vulnerable at that moment to reveal that secret, etc.

The problem was the hard edit to the following line "So you see you're not the only monster"

09-05-2015, 03:26 PM
Man, if you guys watch Agents of Shield before Age of Ultron, the movie has an entirely different perspective. Like, for real, Agents of Shield is probably my favorite show of 2014-2015 -- and I am hard to impress.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
09-05-2015, 04:11 PM
Omg omg omg Infiinty Gems!!!!

Hobo

I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. They gotta bring in Warlock.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post