Awake/Watchtower...and MISSED opportunity!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-02-2012, 12:37 PM

Awake/Watchtower...and MISSED opportunity!
No more than 15 minutes ago we got a knock on our locked office door.
I answered it and 2 nicely dressed guys stated they were 'handing out literature for local businesses on issues that concern them'. Well, being that i am normally spread thin running this place i took the literature that was a copy of Awake, i shook his hand and closed the door.

Never heard of 'Awake' before, but i know what the watchtower is......

Well, inside the Awake mag, was The Watchtower. BY the time i realized my missed opportunity, it was too late, they had moved on. I debated weather to run them down in the parking lot and invite them in, but that prospect had me feel a bit slimy..as it would be an Atheist pouncing on his prey. So here i sit with 2 nifty magazines and a feeling of total anger at my self for this missed opportunity.

DAMN DAMN DAMN!

I was gonna start with the Birthday thing too! Just to break the ice.

DAMN!!

If i had seen the watchtower first, my instincts would have kicked in. But we get so much salesmen traffic that it did not sink in and i generally try and rush them off (normally Aflack Insurance or Cleaning/Lawn service sales goons).

Just had to rant, do you Hellbound White Soulless Apes forgive me for missing this opportunity?

D
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Denicio's post
09-02-2012, 12:45 PM
RE: Awake/Watchtower...and MISSED opportunity!
(09-02-2012 12:37 PM)Denicio Wrote:  No more than 15 minutes ago we got a knock on our locked office door.
I answered it and 2 nicely dressed guys stated they were 'handing out literature for local businesses on issues that concern them'. Well, being that i am normally spread thin running this place i took the literature that was a copy of Awake, i shook his hand and closed the door.

Never heard of 'Awake' before, but i know what the watchtower is......

Well, inside the Awake mag, was The Watchtower. BY the time i realized my missed opportunity, it was too late, they had moved on. I debated weather to run them down in the parking lot and invite them in, but that prospect had me feel a bit slimy..as it would be an Atheist pouncing on his prey. So here i sit with 2 nifty magazines and a feeling of total anger at my self for this missed opportunity.

DAMN DAMN DAMN!

I was gonna start with the Birthday thing too! Just to break the ice.

DAMN!!

If i had seen the watchtower first, my instincts would have kicked in. But we get so much salesmen traffic that it did not sink in and i generally try and rush them off (normally Aflack Insurance or Cleaning/Lawn service sales goons).

Just had to rant, do you Hellbound White Soulless Apes forgive me for missing this opportunity?

D

You're only human. Tongue

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-02-2012, 03:21 PM
(09-02-2012 12:37 PM)Denicio Wrote:  No more than 15 minutes ago we got a knock on our locked office door.
I answered it and 2 nicely dressed guys stated they were 'handing out literature for local businesses on issues that concern them'.

That's pretty second rate. Telling lies to further Christ's message? How would saving someone's soul concern a business enterprise?
Find all posts by this user
09-02-2012, 03:36 PM

(09-02-2012 03:21 PM)morondog Wrote:  
I answered it and 2 nicely dressed guys stated they were 'handing out literature for local businesses on issues that concern them'.

That's pretty second rate. Telling lies to further Christ's message? How would saving someone's soul concern a business enterprise?

Its a rouge to get in the door to save my soul, which i suppose is FAR more important than this temporary body in this temporary job in this temporary world.

But yeah, i agree. Pretty low.
I was not gonna hit them with that, but rather go after the doctrine directly. They'd be looking for a way out, as i own this place and can take as LOOOONG as i want to discuss such things.

I wish they'd come back, or a second wave would come through.....
D
09-02-2012, 03:36 PM
(09-02-2012 12:37 PM)Denicio Wrote:  Just had to rant, do you Hellbound White Soulless Apes forgive me for missing this opportunity?

D

NO!

There can be no forgiveness without repentance. Repent you heathen! For you have forsaken the truth! Now you must eat a baby in your sorrow to show that you've turned from your wretched ways. After your repentance you must arise and pounce upon the infidels as though they are lambs to be sheered. Corral them into the pens of logical thought from which they cannot escape! Assault them with reason until they are tame! Bring forth the holy facts found in reality and witness the terror upon their faces! They cannot escape!

GO! NOW!
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post
09-02-2012, 03:39 PM

(09-02-2012 03:36 PM)kineo Wrote:  
(09-02-2012 12:37 PM)Denicio Wrote:  Just had to rant, do you Hellbound White Soulless Apes forgive me for missing this opportunity?

D

NO!

There can be no forgiveness without repentance. Repent you heathen! For you have forsaken the truth! Now you must eat a baby in your sorrow to show that you've turned from your wretched ways. After your repentance you must arise and pounce upon the infidels as though they are lambs to be sheered. Corral them into the pens of logical thought from which they cannot escape! Assault them with reason until they are tame! Bring forth the holy facts found in reality and witness the terror upon their faces! They cannot escape!

GO! NOW!

Drat, Father Kineo cant i just rub feces all over the mens room stall for forgiveness...after all i am a White Souless APE!!!!
09-02-2012, 03:50 PM
*sigh*

I guess. It just doesn't seem as epic. Maybe you could at least draw the Darwin fish eating a Jesus fish with the feces? That'll show 'em. Undecided
09-02-2012, 04:30 PM
I'd say sharpen your fangs; if they give out literature, I think they're supposed to be back to do a follow up. They want to get their foot in the door at some point. Once in, they'll try to come back again. At least that's what I've heard from more experienced friends.
They'll first ask if you have any questions about the literature they gave you. They'll ask you to explain what you read, then they'll tell you what it's really about - what you should know, and why it's important.

Then, they'll ask if they can come back... at least they're polite vampires. Cool

Darwin fish? Jesus fish?
Kinda old fashioned... how bout...

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
09-02-2012, 05:13 PM
(09-02-2012 03:36 PM)Denicio Wrote:  Its a rouge to get in the door to save my soul, which i suppose is FAR more important than this temporary body in this temporary job in this temporary world.
Tsk, tsk, tsk....
Don't you know that particular christian "division" doesn't believe people have souls?
Wink

[Image: 21omssh.jpg]
09-02-2012, 05:49 PM
I never miss the opportunity to accept their pamphlets and recycle them immediately. I'm not only wasting their poorly spent resources, while protecting other hairless apes from damaging memes, but I'm actually doing my part for the environment too.

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it. (Chas)

I would never shake a baby unless the recipe requires it.
[+] 1 user Likes Malleus's post