Awake/Watchtower...and MISSED opportunity!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-02-2012, 06:04 PM
RE: Awake/Watchtower...and MISSED opportunity!
so underhanded. I forgive you. Just this once.
It's so surprising to me how the supposed progenitors of morality never seem to see how underhanded it is to sneak pamphlets around like that. I find them all over town, hidden inside books at the library, etc...

sneaky sneaky

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2012, 08:48 AM

RE: Awake/Watchtower...and MISSED opportunity!
(09-02-2012 04:30 PM)kim Wrote:  I'd say sharpen your fangs; if they give out literature, I think they're supposed to be back to do a follow up. They want to get their foot in the door at some point. Once in, they'll try to come back again. At least that's what I've heard from more experienced friends.
They'll first ask if you have any questions about the literature they gave you. They'll ask you to explain what you read, then they'll tell you what it's really about - what you should know, and why it's important.

Then, they'll ask if they can come back... at least they're polite vampires. Cool

Darwin fish? Jesus fish?
Kinda old fashioned... how bout...

Kim, i thought about your reply all night. I DO hope they are 'required' to show back up due to the successful seed they planted.

I have told several folks in my office to make sure they find me if they return.

D
(09-02-2012 06:04 PM)lucradis Wrote:  so underhanded. I forgive you. Just this once.
It's so surprising to me how the supposed progenitors of morality never seem to see how underhanded it is to sneak pamphlets around like that. I find them all over town, hidden inside books at the library, etc...

sneaky sneaky

Well, the shittiest placement of tracts i have seen to date has been at Costco (my mecca). They have those large Tool Chests for mechanics tools, but at prices we mere mortals can afford. I was admiring a really nice tool chest and opened a drawer and was slapped in the face with a "DO you know where you are going when you die?".

I've seen tracts before, but that very moment i wanted to get 100000's of atheist tracts and start hitting church Hymns and parking lots on sunday morning. It truly offended me....for some odd reason.

D
Quote this message in a reply