Awelcome?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-03-2014, 05:34 PM
Awelcome?
I'm a new user to this forum but not to forums or internet discussion in general..

I found this forum fresh off a month long period of SERIOUS issues with atheism/theism/religious communities on Google+ was just looking for good peeps and free thinkers, I'm open to new ideas, especially to in-depth ones.

I don't think the Facebook/Google+ social media experience appropriately allows for the depth of expression that a forum does.

Just looking for good conversation discussion and hopefully a lack of one sided viewpoints in tightly nit cliche like communities.

Have I come to the right place?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2014, 05:48 PM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2014 06:55 PM by DLJ.)
RE: Awelcome?
A-welcome to you too.

It's not exactly a-cliche-ist (or a-clique-ist) all of the time but some of our nits have wits and it's a nice niche most of the time.

Good to see you here. Have fun.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
05-03-2014, 06:37 PM
This place has become my new home for online discussions. Here you will find a group of people that is extremely diverse. With just as many differing opinions on things. If you come for discussion, you'll find someone interested in your topic. If you come for debate, take your pick. Someone will debate you on the merits of ketchup as a medium in art if that's your thing.

For the most part, people are nice. Most of our assholes are lovable assholes and we have many highly intelligent people here. There are a few resident trolls that you get used to or block. We do get theists and deists that are here for civil conversations.

Welcome to TTA Forum. Hope you enjoy your stay. Smile

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 3 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
05-03-2014, 08:05 PM
Benvenuti.

Check out my atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-03-2014, 08:39 PM
Welcome aboard Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
05-03-2014, 10:48 PM
welcome! jump right in.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
05-03-2014, 11:46 PM
Welcome.

My advice: go to the Atheist/Theist section, read some new threads and replies, offer your opinions (not quite long and peculiar at first) and look at the responses, identify a few peers whom you see friendly, give and receive some Rep Point and then you will be good to explore some more of the wonderful forum as readily as everybody else.

Have a nice time.

Smile

Want something? Then do something.
[+] 1 user Likes HU.Junyuan's post
06-03-2014, 03:31 PM
Yep, that was my exact plan of attack =)

(05-03-2014 11:46 PM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  Welcome.

My advice: go to the Atheist/Theist section, read some new threads and replies, offer your opinions (not quite long and peculiar at first) and look at the responses, identify a few peers whom you see friendly, give and receive some Rep Point and then you will be good to explore some more of the wonderful forum as readily as everybody else.

Have a nice time.

Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Sceadwian's post