Awkward Moments Children's Bible

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-05-2015, 09:52 AM
RE: Awkward Moments Children's Bible
(21-05-2015 09:40 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  [snip]
Quote:I guess I don't see what "submit" means in this context. Doing what the other says, or what? In what ways do men submit to their wives that women don't submit to their husbands?

In NO ways. As I've written above, men get to practice submission all the time. Women struggle in this area. In the Garden of Eden, a better translation might be "You would want to usurp the man, but he will lead..." I believe that women may lead and be teachers, prophetesses, even apostles, as some were in the days of the apostles. But men are to be church elders.

But before you cry foul, understand that those who want to lead, per the Bible, must submit, defer and serve. Male church leadership is not meant to be a dictatorship but a place where men excelled in service to others.

You are one sexist and deluded twat. Oh, and according to the book of Timothy women cannot teach men, or even speak in church. Once again - LIAR.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Timber1025's post
21-05-2015, 10:49 AM
(21-05-2015 09:36 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(20-05-2015 10:15 AM)ohio_drg Wrote:  Every person I know that has tried that route has ended up divorced.

We both can supply anecdotes here, maybe even statistics, but it should be obvious that for most, not all, virgins who marry have nothing to compare/contrast with, can trust their spouse as faithful to begin with and etc.
Wow! That is quite a leap.
21-05-2015, 11:41 AM
(21-05-2015 09:40 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  In NO ways. As I've written above, men get to practice submission all the time. Women struggle in this area. In the Garden of Eden, a better translation might be "You would want to usurp the man, but he will lead..." I believe that women may lead and be teachers, prophetesses, even apostles, as some were in the days of the apostles. But men are to be church elders.

You're saying women don't submit to men and want to lead, and that men do submit to their wives?

Are you saying men let their wives lead but wives don't let their husbands lead? How are men submitting to their wives?

(21-05-2015 09:40 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  But before you cry foul, understand that those who want to lead, per the Bible, must submit, defer and serve. Male church leadership is not meant to be a dictatorship but a place where men excelled in service to others.

Okay, so men submit to others, but you're saying they submit to their wives by "serving them" or something?
22-05-2015, 09:54 AM
(21-05-2015 09:40 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(21-05-2015 09:35 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  "Fornication" - premarital sex

"Adultery" - cheating in marriage

*To the unmarried and the widows I say that it is good for them to remain single as I am. But if they cannot exercise self-control, they should marry. For it is better to marry than to burn with passion.

*Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.

*And he said, “What comes out of a person is what defiles him. For from within, out of the heart of man, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, coveting, wickedness, deceit, sensuality, envy, slander, pride, foolishness. All these evil things come from within, and they defile a person.” (here parsed into two, immorality and adultery)

*If a man is found lying with the wife of another man, both of them shall die, the man who lay with the woman, and the woman. So you shall purge the evil from Israel.

*If there is a betrothed virgin, and a man meets her in the city and lies with her, then you shall bring them both out to the gate of that city, and you shall stone them to death with stones, the young woman because she did not cry for help though she was in the city, and the man because he violated his neighbor's wife. So you shall purge the evil from your midst.

etc.

Nope, none of those clearly state that premarital sex is sinful.

And fornication is extramarital sex, not premarital.

https://www.google.com/search?q=fornicat...gws_rd=ssl

You cannot hold that stance for two reasons:

1. You are parsing verses incorrectly. I've shared several and won't bother to post more.

2. TTA is sure onanism is sin per the Bible. Give me a break.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-05-2015, 09:55 AM
(21-05-2015 09:52 AM)Timber1025 Wrote:  
(21-05-2015 09:40 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  [snip]
In NO ways. As I've written above, men get to practice submission all the time. Women struggle in this area. In the Garden of Eden, a better translation might be "You would want to usurp the man, but he will lead..." I believe that women may lead and be teachers, prophetesses, even apostles, as some were in the days of the apostles. But men are to be church elders.

But before you cry foul, understand that those who want to lead, per the Bible, must submit, defer and serve. Male church leadership is not meant to be a dictatorship but a place where men excelled in service to others.

You are one sexist and deluded twat. Oh, and according to the book of Timothy women cannot teach men, or even speak in church. Once again - LIAR.

Thanks for shifting the goal posts, but Timothy is saying wives should ask their husbands questions at home. Paul elsewhere says "ALL should pray in the service" and "ALL can prophesy in the service".

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
22-05-2015, 09:58 AM
(21-05-2015 11:41 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(21-05-2015 09:40 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  In NO ways. As I've written above, men get to practice submission all the time. Women struggle in this area. In the Garden of Eden, a better translation might be "You would want to usurp the man, but he will lead..." I believe that women may lead and be teachers, prophetesses, even apostles, as some were in the days of the apostles. But men are to be church elders.

You're saying women don't submit to men and want to lead, and that men do submit to their wives?

Are you saying men let their wives lead but wives don't let their husbands lead? How are men submitting to their wives?

(21-05-2015 09:40 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  But before you cry foul, understand that those who want to lead, per the Bible, must submit, defer and serve. Male church leadership is not meant to be a dictatorship but a place where men excelled in service to others.

Okay, so men submit to others, but you're saying they submit to their wives by "serving them" or something?

1. All Christians are to submit wherever possible to all persons.

2. All Christians are to serve wherever possible all persons.

3. Christians are to in particular submit to/honor their spouses and parents.

4. The Bible contains not only laws but encouragements where Christians can be weak or vulnerable. Men are exhorted to be leaders in loving their spouses. Women are exhorted to submit to their husbands.

22-05-2015, 12:24 PM
(22-05-2015 09:58 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  1. All Christians are to submit wherever possible to all persons.

2. All Christians are to serve wherever possible all persons.

4. The Bible contains not only laws but encouragements where Christians can be weak or vulnerable. Men are exhorted to be leaders in loving their spouses. Women are exhorted to submit to their husbands.

Why are women called out to submit to their husbands if everyone is supposed to submit to everyone?

What do you mean by "submit" and "serve"? This may be the crux of my confusion.
22-05-2015, 12:44 PM
(21-05-2015 09:36 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  but it should be obvious that for most, not all, virgins who marry have nothing to compare/contrast with,
Sex is a minor part of life. If a woman is going to compare you to other men, it's going to be with regards to how you treat her, how you make her feel as a person, as a significant partner/friend. Your performance in bed isn't high on the list of significance.

Are you suggesting that people shouldn't date, that women and men should be seperate and perhaps marriages should be arranged so that we can avoid spouses comparing each other to past experiences?
22-05-2015, 03:11 PM
(21-05-2015 09:36 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  We both can supply anecdotes here, maybe even statistics, but it should be obvious that for most, not all, virgins who marry have nothing to compare/contrast with, can trust their spouse as faithful to begin with and etc.

If you are so insecure that you need your spouse to be a virgin to trust their fidelity you probably shouldn't get married 'cause that relationship sure as shit ain't gonna last.

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
23-05-2015, 05:36 AM
(22-05-2015 09:54 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(21-05-2015 09:40 AM)Chas Wrote:  Nope, none of those clearly state that premarital sex is sinful.

And fornication is extramarital sex, not premarital.

https://www.google.com/search?q=fornicat...gws_rd=ssl

You cannot hold that stance for two reasons:

1. You are parsing verses incorrectly. I've shared several and won't bother to post more.

Care to explain that?

Quote:2. TTA is sure onanism is sin per the Bible. Give me a break.

What? What does that even mean?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post