Awkward Moments Children's Bible

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-05-2015, 08:19 AM
RE: Awkward Moments Children's Bible
(23-05-2015 05:36 AM)Chas Wrote:  What? What does that even mean?

It means shutupshutupshutupthepowerofChristcompelsyoushutupshutup

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
23-05-2015, 11:22 PM
(21-05-2015 09:40 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  [snip]
Quote:I guess I don't see what "submit" means in this context. Doing what the other says, or what? In what ways do men submit to their wives that women don't submit to their husbands?

In NO ways. As I've written above, men get to practice submission all the time. Women struggle in this area. In the Garden of Eden, a better translation might be "You would want to usurp the man, but he will lead..." I believe that women may lead and be teachers, prophetesses, even apostles, as some were in the days of the apostles. But men are to be church elders.

But before you cry foul, understand that those who want to lead, per the Bible, must submit, defer and serve. Male church leadership is not meant to be a dictatorship but a place where men excelled in service to others.

It must be tiresome to constantly have to explain Christianity's ways because they are so ass backwards, contradictory, and plain fucking stupid.

Guess that's what you for following the ways of a 2000 year old society.
[+] 3 users Like Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
24-05-2015, 01:04 PM
(22-05-2015 09:58 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Men are exhorted to be leaders in loving their spouses. Women are exhorted to submit to their husbands.
I told this to my wife last night.
She just laughed at me.

Oh well, at least I tried.
24-05-2015, 04:15 PM
(24-05-2015 01:04 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(22-05-2015 09:58 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Men are exhorted to be leaders in loving their spouses. Women are exhorted to submit to their husbands.
I told this to my wife last night.
She just laughed at me.

I don't get why men need to be exhorted to be nice to their wives? I mean sure, domestic violence is a thing but most of the time it's mentioned in the Bible it's in the context of how to beat your wife/kids in a way that is most pleasing to the Lord, i.e. whenever they cross you or because you feel like it. Then along comes fucking Paul, the douche who prefers not to get married at all, and tells these primitive mofos how things are, and 2000 fucking years later fucking Q is trying to pretend that all this shit is AOK and Paul invented feminism.

What a fucking joke...

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
26-05-2015, 02:07 PM
(24-05-2015 04:15 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(24-05-2015 01:04 PM)Stevil Wrote:  I told this to my wife last night.
She just laughed at me.

I don't get why men need to be exhorted to be nice to their wives? I mean sure, domestic violence is a thing but most of the time it's mentioned in the Bible it's in the context of how to beat your wife/kids in a way that is most pleasing to the Lord, i.e. whenever they cross you or because you feel like it. Then along comes fucking Paul, the douche who prefers not to get married at all, and tells these primitive mofos how things are, and 2000 fucking years later fucking Q is trying to pretend that all this shit is AOK and Paul invented feminism.

What a fucking joke...

I didn't say "nice", I said "love". Your scale is misaligned unless you will affirm that almost universally, men tend to ignore certain aspects of loving their spouses. And I know that Paul ordered men to follow women apostles and do what they say, that women led the nation of Israel as judges and prophets, and that Jesus had many women among His followers, even apostles. The NT and OT were superlative in their views on women among ANE culture. Yes, undoubtedly.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-05-2015, 02:10 PM
(23-05-2015 05:36 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-05-2015 09:54 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  https://www.google.com/search?q=fornicat...gws_rd=ssl

You cannot hold that stance for two reasons:

1. You are parsing verses incorrectly. I've shared several and won't bother to post more.

Care to explain that?

Quote:2. TTA is sure onanism is sin per the Bible. Give me a break.

What? What does that even mean?

I wouldn't bother to post more verses because it is obvious to most people with even the vaguest notions on church morals, however, I happened to be reading Hebrews 12 recently, which includes the verse "Or lest a man be found among you as a fornicator, or debauched, like Esau, who for one meal sold his birthright." Esau was unwed, sexually immoral and a "fornicator" when he sold his birthright. He took two wives after the incident with Jacob.

My point re: masturbation is I can find threads across TTA labeling onanism (wrongly) as some kind of grievous Christian sin. You will get into these discussions regarding guilt and masturbation, right, but won't admit the Bible condemns fornication between unwed people? Repeating: Give me a break!

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
26-05-2015, 02:12 PM
(22-05-2015 12:24 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(22-05-2015 09:58 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  1. All Christians are to submit wherever possible to all persons.

2. All Christians are to serve wherever possible all persons.

4. The Bible contains not only laws but encouragements where Christians can be weak or vulnerable. Men are exhorted to be leaders in loving their spouses. Women are exhorted to submit to their husbands.

Why are women called out to submit to their husbands if everyone is supposed to submit to everyone?

What do you mean by "submit" and "serve"? This may be the crux of my confusion.

Women called out to submit to their husbands if everyone is supposed to submit to everyone because the Bible gives instruction to the right people groups. Children ought to submit to their parents and often resist doing so. Wives to their husbands. Husbands tend to be pushovers who submit to everyone around them! "Look, Steve, our child is stealing from other kids and needs to be corrected." "Uh-huh, whatever you say (continues to read newspaper and ignores his spouse)."

To submit is to serve, but to submit is to acknowledge another's leadership and to be responsive.

26-05-2015, 02:39 PM
Fuck submit.

We've got the 13th Amendment to the Constitution.

Submission is for morons.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
26-05-2015, 04:41 PM
(26-05-2015 02:07 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(24-05-2015 04:15 PM)morondog Wrote:  I don't get why men need to be exhorted to be nice to their wives? I mean sure, domestic violence is a thing but most of the time it's mentioned in the Bible it's in the context of how to beat your wife/kids in a way that is most pleasing to the Lord, i.e. whenever they cross you or because you feel like it. Then along comes fucking Paul, the douche who prefers not to get married at all, and tells these primitive mofos how things are, and 2000 fucking years later fucking Q is trying to pretend that all this shit is AOK and Paul invented feminism.

What a fucking joke...

I didn't say "nice", I said "love". Your scale is misaligned unless you will affirm that almost universally, men tend to ignore certain aspects of loving their spouses. And I know that Paul ordered men to follow women apostles and do what they say, that women led the nation of Israel as judges and prophets, and that Jesus had many women among His followers, even apostles. The NT and OT were superlative in their views on women among ANE culture. Yes, undoubtedly.

Yes undoubtedly, I can confirm because I've seen it with my very own eyes. Your head is wedged so far up your ass you can see daylight. Praise the Lawd Facepalm

27-05-2015, 09:18 AM
(26-05-2015 02:10 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(23-05-2015 05:36 AM)Chas Wrote:  Care to explain that?

What? What does that even mean?

I wouldn't bother to post more verses because it is obvious to most people with even the vaguest notions on church morals, however, I happened to be reading Hebrews 12 recently, which includes the verse "Or lest a man be found among you as a fornicator, or debauched, like Esau, who for one meal sold his birthright." Esau was unwed, sexually immoral and a "fornicator" when he sold his birthright. He took two wives after the incident with Jacob.

My point re: masturbation is I can find threads across TTA labeling onanism (wrongly) as some kind of grievous Christian sin. You will get into these discussions regarding guilt and masturbation, right, but won't admit the Bible condemns fornication between unwed people? Repeating: Give me a break!

"It is most often used as a euphemism for male masturbation, although it can mean coitus interruptus (the withdrawal method of contraception), as in the biblical story of Onan which is the origin of the term. Both these acts are regarded as serious sins by the Roman Catholic Church and other, less-than-progressive Abrahamic religions."

Fornication is defined as "sexual intercourse between people not married to each other", so "fornication between unwed people" is incorrect.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]