Awkward Moments Children's Bible

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-04-2015, 11:40 AM
RE: Awkward Moments Children's Bible
(22-04-2015 10:52 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I am joining your stance and will do all I can to prevent Oklahomans from indoctrinating their children to love others as themselves via the Bible's injunction.

Nah, you are never passive aggressive there Q! Do you disagree with letting children know at an early age what the whole book has to say?

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-04-2015, 11:43 AM
(22-04-2015 10:52 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I am joining your stance and will do all I can to prevent Oklahomans from indoctrinating their children to love others as themselves via the Bible's injunction.

You are a disingenuous twat. The Golden Rule is not unique to the Bible.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 8 users Like Chas's post
22-04-2015, 11:55 AM

Hey, we should exchange bible verses - you site the ones about loving others, and I will site the verses to the contrary and see who is left standing.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
[+] 9 users Like Timber1025's post
22-04-2015, 11:55 AM

Yes, because:
  • Love is the only message possible to glean from the Bible, and
  • It is impossible to learn about love from anywhere but the Bible.
Learn to set theory.
[+] 3 users Like RobbyPants's post
22-04-2015, 01:27 PM (This post was last modified: 22-04-2015 01:53 PM by CleverUsername.)
I remember being raised to love others as myself via the Bible's injunction.

Still working on getting all the bigotry out of my system. Dodgy

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
[+] 7 users Like CleverUsername's post
22-04-2015, 02:37 PM
Well now, y'all write as if you believe for even a moment that the children's Bibles to be distributed contain Song of Songs, stories of rape, and etc. Please be real. There is adult material in the Bible as we've discussed.

And no, I understand there are many Jews who don't object to some Christian concepts being taught in schools or vice versa since virtue is... virtue.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
22-04-2015, 02:39 PM
(22-04-2015 11:34 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  

Unless they are gay, or Muslim, then it's ok to hate them.

T.I.

I try to be patient with your anger, however, please allow me to point out:

* If they're Muslims posting to TTA their apologetics you respond, I'm sure, as if you hate them.

* If they're gay Christians posting to this forum to try to witness to you, ditto.

* I don't hate gays or Muslims nor do 99% of evangelicals I've encountered. You're just putting forth the liberal party line...

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
22-04-2015, 02:40 PM
(22-04-2015 02:37 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Well now, y'all write as if you believe for even a moment that the children's Bibles to be distributed contain Song of Songs, stories of rape, and etc. Please be real. There is adult material in the Bible as we've discussed.

And no, I understand there are many Jews who don't object to some Christian concepts being taught in schools or vice versa since virtue is... virtue.

The concept of virtue predates Christianity.

Why do you keep saying these ignorant things? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
22-04-2015, 02:46 PM
When you need to look to a book to find virtue, or moral direction, you are already primed to be brainwashed.
[+] 6 users Like pablo's post
22-04-2015, 03:53 PM
(22-04-2015 02:39 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(22-04-2015 11:34 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Unless they are gay, or Muslim, then it's ok to hate them.

T.I.

I try to be patient with your anger, however, please allow me to point out:

* If they're Muslims posting to TTA their apologetics you respond, I'm sure, as if you hate them.

* If they're gay Christians posting to this forum to try to witness to you, ditto.

* I don't hate gays or Muslims nor do 99% of evangelicals I've encountered. You're just putting forth the liberal party line...

Nah man, you just call their acts an abomination, and think that praying should take the gay away. Facepalm
[+] 1 user Likes Dusky's post