Awkward Moments Children's Bible

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-05-2015, 09:24 AM
RE: Awkward Moments Children's Bible
(26-05-2015 02:12 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  To submit is to serve, but to submit is to acknowledge another's leadership and to be responsive.

I'm curious how you will answer this, if you even do. Can you point out any passage in the bible that requires or calls for a woman's consent for any sexual act?

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
27-05-2015, 09:48 AM
(27-05-2015 09:18 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(26-05-2015 02:10 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I wouldn't bother to post more verses because it is obvious to most people with even the vaguest notions on church morals, however, I happened to be reading Hebrews 12 recently, which includes the verse "Or lest a man be found among you as a fornicator, or debauched, like Esau, who for one meal sold his birthright." Esau was unwed, sexually immoral and a "fornicator" when he sold his birthright. He took two wives after the incident with Jacob.

My point re: masturbation is I can find threads across TTA labeling onanism (wrongly) as some kind of grievous Christian sin. You will get into these discussions regarding guilt and masturbation, right, but won't admit the Bible condemns fornication between unwed people? Repeating: Give me a break!

"It is most often used as a euphemism for male masturbation, although it can mean coitus interruptus (the withdrawal method of contraception), as in the biblical story of Onan which is the origin of the term. Both these acts are regarded as serious sins by the Roman Catholic Church and other, less-than-progressive Abrahamic religions."

Fornication is defined as "sexual intercourse between people not married to each other", so "fornication between unwed people" is incorrect.

Unwed people may have social intercourse, or share a meal together or, perhaps, fornicate. Married people may commit adultery. An unwed person may have sex with a wed person, one is fornicating, the other is adulterous. All three combinations are sin per the scriptures.

Thanks for helping to clarify.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-05-2015, 09:48 AM
(27-05-2015 09:24 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(26-05-2015 02:12 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  To submit is to serve, but to submit is to acknowledge another's leadership and to be responsive.

I'm curious how you will answer this, if you even do. Can you point out any passage in the bible that requires or calls for a woman's consent for any sexual act?

Good question. Can you quote scriptures that call for a man's consent for any sexual act?

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
27-05-2015, 09:55 AM
What kind of an overbearing whackjob would go through the effort to create an entire universe -- but still care where you stick your dick on Saturday night?????

Sounds like an overcompensating, micromanaging asswipe to me.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
27-05-2015, 10:08 AM
(26-05-2015 02:12 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Husbands tend to be pushovers who submit to everyone around them! "Look, Steve, our child is stealing from other kids and needs to be corrected." "Uh-huh, whatever you say (continues to read newspaper and ignores his spouse)."

I guess we're operating on different anecdotal evidence. I've seen plenty of assertive men and women. I've seen plenty of men and women you could call "pushovers".
27-05-2015, 10:57 AM (This post was last modified: 27-05-2015 10:20 PM by The Organic Chemist.)
(27-05-2015 09:48 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(27-05-2015 09:24 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  I'm curious how you will answer this, if you even do. Can you point out any passage in the bible that requires or calls for a woman's consent for any sexual act?

Good question. Can you quote scriptures that call for a man's consent for any sexual act?

How can you be expect for one second to be taken seriously and ask a ridiculous question like that? A man's consent is never required because he was always the initiator. For all the passages where it plainly talks about taking a girl/woman by force your question is silly. And the men/boys couldn't give consent in many cases because they were all dead per gods orders. Nice try at a dodge.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
28-05-2015, 07:35 AM
(27-05-2015 10:08 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(26-05-2015 02:12 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Husbands tend to be pushovers who submit to everyone around them! "Look, Steve, our child is stealing from other kids and needs to be corrected." "Uh-huh, whatever you say (continues to read newspaper and ignores his spouse)."

I guess we're operating on different anecdotal evidence. I've seen plenty of assertive men and women. I've seen plenty of men and women you could call "pushovers".

Okay. But I'm talking of neither assertiveness nor of pushovers. I'm talking of leadership, family direction and people who act as shrews.

28-05-2015, 07:46 AM
(28-05-2015 07:35 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(27-05-2015 10:08 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  I guess we're operating on different anecdotal evidence. I've seen plenty of assertive men and women. I've seen plenty of men and women you could call "pushovers".

Okay. But I'm talking of neither assertiveness nor of pushovers. I'm talking of leadership, family direction and people who act as shrews.

Medieval mindset is alive and well I see.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
28-05-2015, 09:19 AM
(28-05-2015 07:35 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Okay. But I'm talking of neither assertiveness nor of pushovers. I'm talking of leadership, family direction and people who act as shrews.

You specifically said that in the part that I quoted:

So you didn't mean in the "assertive" sense, but I don't see how it in any way fits in with "people who act like shrews". What does that even mean? How is someone "being a shrew" have any bearing on submission?

How are husbands "being pushovers" (your words, not mine) make them submissive?
01-06-2015, 11:48 AM
(28-05-2015 09:19 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(28-05-2015 07:35 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Okay. But I'm talking of neither assertiveness nor of pushovers. I'm talking of leadership, family direction and people who act as shrews.

You specifically said that in the part that I quoted:

So you didn't mean in the "assertive" sense, but I don't see how it in any way fits in with "people who act like shrews". What does that even mean? How is someone "being a shrew" have any bearing on submission?

How are husbands "being pushovers" (your words, not mine) make them submissive?

A shrew is a domineering woman. A pushover is an unassertive man who doesn't provide leadership for his spouse and family. The biblical definition of elder is a man whose family is Christian in outlook and practice. This is important.

**I noticed you've said nothing about husbands laying down their lives for their wives, and only about submission.**