Awkward Moments Children's Bible

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-04-2015, 12:57 PM
RE: Awkward Moments Children's Bible
(23-04-2015 12:33 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(23-04-2015 10:45 AM)Dusky Wrote:  Based on what justification.

Fear of change, disgust, wish to dictate others how should they live. One probabky could find more but certainly hate isn't only justification. Having said that I think not one of these is valid.

(23-04-2015 12:29 PM)jennybee Wrote:  That's not what the Bible says:

Leviticus 20:13--If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

Sounds like hate to me.

I'd rather say disgust, but it could be hate I guess.

detestable def.--deserving intense dislike
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-04-2015, 01:10 PM
(23-04-2015 12:57 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(23-04-2015 12:33 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  Fear of change, disgust, wish to dictate others how should they live. One probabky could find more but certainly hate isn't only justification. Having said that I think not one of these is valid.

... Regardless if it's disgust or hate, to get the axe just for sticking your johnson in a non-standard docking station seems a bit disproportionate? How about a spanking? A jolly good telling off from the local son of Levi? Getting sent home with a note?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
23-04-2015, 01:15 PM
(23-04-2015 12:57 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(23-04-2015 12:33 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  Fear of change, disgust, wish to dictate others how should they live. One probabky could find more but certainly hate isn't only justification. Having said that I think not one of these is valid.

Detestable in my first language mean disgusting, repulsive or some such, also polish translation of Bible goes with disgust rather than hate. But then neither polish nor english are original languages of Bible.
It verse could imply hate sure, but I think it's about feeling associated with breaking certain tabu. It's about offending god rather than hating the sinner, in my opinion at least.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
23-04-2015, 01:17 PM
(23-04-2015 01:15 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(23-04-2015 12:57 PM)jennybee Wrote:  detestable def.--deserving intense dislike

Detestable in my first language mean disgusting, repulsive or some such, also polish translation of Bible goes with disgust rather than hate. But then neither polish nor english are original languages of Bible.
It verse could imply hate sure, but I think it's about feeling associated with breaking certain tabu. It's about offending god rather than hating the sinner, in my opinion at least.

The strange part is God feeling such human emotions so detestable for the acts, that he thinks it matters what two men (and women) do beneath the sheets.
23-04-2015, 01:25 PM
(23-04-2015 01:17 PM)Dusky Wrote:  
(23-04-2015 01:15 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  Detestable in my first language mean disgusting, repulsive or some such, also polish translation of Bible goes with disgust rather than hate. But then neither polish nor english are original languages of Bible.

The strange part is God feeling such human emotions so detestable for the acts, that he thinks it matters what two men (and women) do beneath the sheets.

God of the Old Testament is exactly such guy from who you would expect anger over something that do him no harm.
But honestly, what one could expect from such bloody book and it's wtiters? They don't strike me as particulary tolerant or enlightened folks, so why god of theirs should be any different?

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
23-04-2015, 01:27 PM
(23-04-2015 01:17 PM)Dusky Wrote:  
(23-04-2015 01:15 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  Detestable in my first language mean disgusting, repulsive or some such, also polish translation of Bible goes with disgust rather than hate. But then neither polish nor english are original languages of Bible.

Or that God cares whether or not you cut off the tip of your wee wee
23-04-2015, 01:31 PM (This post was last modified: 23-04-2015 01:34 PM by RobbyPants.)
(23-04-2015 10:44 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  No. I'm saying there is some content in books and films, religious or no, that may not be appropriate for children. I know you've heard of blockers for cable channels that allow programs to air while skipping certain scenes...

Yeah, except your first quote explicitly said "indoctrinating":

(22-04-2015 10:52 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I am joining your stance and will do all I can to prevent Oklahomans from indoctrinating their children to love others as themselves via the Bible's injunction.

And your second post mentioned how kid's Bibles wouldn't contain grizzly scenes:

(22-04-2015 02:37 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Well now, y'all write as if you believe for even a moment that the children's Bibles to be distributed contain Song of Songs, stories of rape, and etc. Please be real. There is adult material in the Bible as we've discussed.

Those two together seem to indicate that if you want to indoctrinate children about the "nice parts", you need to leave out the "bad parts".

Or was I not supposed to read both of those things you said in this thread back-to-back like that?
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
23-04-2015, 01:33 PM
(23-04-2015 01:27 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(23-04-2015 01:17 PM)Dusky Wrote:  The strange part is God feeling such human emotions so detestable for the acts, that he thinks it matters what two men (and women) do beneath the sheets.

God certainly have some strange concerns. He doesen't want you to (among others):
Levictus 10:6 - Letting your hair become unkempt
Levictus 19:10 - Picking up grapes that have fallen in your vineyard
Levictus 19:19 - Mixing fabrics in clothing
Levictus 19:27 - Trimming your beard

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
23-04-2015, 01:33 PM
(23-04-2015 01:27 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(23-04-2015 01:17 PM)Dusky Wrote:  The strange part is God feeling such human emotions so detestable for the acts, that he thinks it matters what two men (and women) do beneath the sheets.

Gotta show him our commitment to the cause! Dodgy
23-04-2015, 01:35 PM
(23-04-2015 01:33 PM)Dusky Wrote:  
(23-04-2015 01:27 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Or that God cares whether or not you cut off the tip of your wee wee

Gotta show him our commitment to the cause! Dodgy

What does he do with all those leftover foreskins anyway?? Consider