Awkward Moments Children's Bible

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-04-2015, 01:36 PM
RE: Awkward Moments Children's Bible
(23-04-2015 01:25 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(23-04-2015 01:17 PM)Dusky Wrote:  The strange part is God feeling such human emotions so detestable for the acts, that he thinks it matters what two men (and women) do beneath the sheets.

God of the Old Testament is exactly such guy from who you would expect anger over something that do him no harm.
But honestly, what one could expect from such bloody book and it's wtiters? They don't strike me as particulary tolerant or enlightened folks, so why god of theirs should be any different?

It goes back to one of those things like, even if he existed, why the hell would I want to worship him? For a god to make these types of "demands" to his servants seem so strange and ludicrous, that I wouldn't even want to worship a being like that.

"Prove yourself to me and cut off the foreskin of your penis!"

(Although that was done to me at an early age) I don't think that's a reasonable request to have anyone do. I'd rather burn in hell than sit in heaven with that being.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dusky's post
23-04-2015, 01:37 PM
(23-04-2015 01:35 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(23-04-2015 01:33 PM)Dusky Wrote:  Gotta show him our commitment to the cause! Dodgy

What does he do with all those leftover foreskins anyway?? Consider

Winters are pretty cold up in Heaven, I hear.
23-04-2015, 01:38 PM
(23-04-2015 01:37 PM)Dusky Wrote:  
(23-04-2015 01:35 PM)jennybee Wrote:  What does he do with all those leftover foreskins anyway?? Consider

Winters are pretty cold up in Heaven, I hear.

So u r saying he makes a pair of mittens out of them? Gasp

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
23-04-2015, 01:40 PM
(23-04-2015 01:33 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(23-04-2015 01:27 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Or that God cares whether or not you cut off the tip of your wee wee

God certainly have some strange concerns. He doesen't want you to (among others):
Levictus 10:6 - Letting your hair become unkempt
Levictus 19:10 - Picking up grapes that have fallen in your vineyard
Levictus 19:19 - Mixing fabrics in clothing
Levictus 19:27 - Trimming your beard

And for god sakes, don't even think about picking up sticks on the sabbath!!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
23-04-2015, 01:41 PM
(23-04-2015 01:38 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(23-04-2015 01:37 PM)Dusky Wrote:  Winters are pretty cold up in Heaven, I hear.

So u r saying he makes a pair of mittens out of them? Gasp

Why stop at mittens! He probably has a whole wardrobe.

Mittens, scarf, coat, and hat! Maybe some to line his boots with. Weeping
23-04-2015, 01:45 PM
(23-04-2015 01:41 PM)Dusky Wrote:  
(23-04-2015 01:38 PM)jennybee Wrote:  So u r saying he makes a pair of mittens out of them? Gasp

Why stop at mittens! He probably has a whole wardrobe.

Mittens, scarf, coat, and hat! Maybe some to line his boots with. Weeping

The Circumcision Collection, House of God, Fall 2016

23-04-2015, 01:46 PM
The Circumcision Collection, House of God, Fall 2016

23-04-2015, 01:47 PM
(23-04-2015 01:35 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(23-04-2015 01:33 PM)Dusky Wrote:  Gotta show him our commitment to the cause! Dodgy

What does he do with all those leftover foreskins anyway?? Consider

He probably burns them. He's said often that he finds the smell of roasting flesh to have a sweet savour.
Drinking Beverage

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
23-04-2015, 01:47 PM
(23-04-2015 10:44 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  No. I'm saying there is some content in books and films, religious or no, that may not be appropriate for children. I know you've heard of blockers for cable channels that allow programs to air while skipping certain scenes...

It's interesting that God couldn't make his all important "Follow or suffer in agony forever" book appropriate for all ages. That said, I totally understand; no way God could have properly conveyed his lessons if we didn't know things like when to not grab penises and when family members should rape (and/or offer for rape) other members.

Rolleyes

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
23-04-2015, 01:48 PM
(23-04-2015 01:36 PM)Dusky Wrote:  
(23-04-2015 01:25 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  God of the Old Testament is exactly such guy from who you would expect anger over something that do him no harm.
But honestly, what one could expect from such bloody book and it's wtiters? They don't strike me as particulary tolerant or enlightened folks, so why god of theirs should be any different?

It goes back to one of those things like, even if he existed, why the hell would I want to worship him? For a god to make these types of "demands" to his servants seem so strange and ludicrous, that I wouldn't even want to worship a being like that.

"Prove yourself to me and cut off the foreskin of your penis!"

(Although that was done to me at an early age) I don't think that's a reasonable request to have anyone do. I'd rather burn in hell than sit in heaven with that being.

It doesen't matter if you would like to worship him. You would have been indoctrinated. Only ( or maybe not) when you look from modern perspective it look strange.

It could be poor analogy but S. Neitzel and H. Welzer wrote a book called: "Soldaten: On Fighting, Killing, and Dying, The Secret WWII Transcripts of German POWS". It's main theme is: soldiers kill because that is their job, because killing is normal to them. So people do things that we could find appaling, idiotic or whatever but it is normal to them. The're doing what they were told. It is the same with religion as it with killing or at least it could be.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.