Awkward Moments Children's Bible

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-04-2015, 01:49 PM
RE: Awkward Moments Children's Bible
(23-04-2015 01:47 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(23-04-2015 01:35 PM)jennybee Wrote:  What does he do with all those leftover foreskins anyway?? Consider

He probably burns them. He's said often that he finds the smell of roasting flesh to have a sweet savour.
Drinking Beverage

And roasts marshmallows...

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-04-2015, 01:51 PM
(23-04-2015 01:47 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  
(23-04-2015 10:44 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  No. I'm saying there is some content in books and films, religious or no, that may not be appropriate for children. I know you've heard of blockers for cable channels that allow programs to air while skipping certain scenes...

It's interesting that God couldn't make his all important "Follow or suffer in agony forever" book appropriate for all ages. That said, I totally understand; no way God could have properly conveyed his lessons if we didn't know things like when to not grab penises and when family members should rape (and/or offer for rape) other members.

Rolleyes

Well without the Bible I don't think I'd be capable to do anything, how else would I know not to make fun of a bald man? Those shebears are scaaaaaaaaaaaary.Gasp
[+] 2 users Like Dusky's post
23-04-2015, 01:52 PM
(23-04-2015 01:40 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(23-04-2015 01:33 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  God certainly have some strange concerns. He doesen't want you to (among others):
Levictus 10:6 - Letting your hair become unkempt
Levictus 19:10 - Picking up grapes that have fallen in your vineyard
Levictus 19:19 - Mixing fabrics in clothing
Levictus 19:27 - Trimming your beard

And for god sakes, don't even think about picking up sticks on the sabbath!!

In comparision it seems quite resonable. Maybe not so during the winter, but hey you must do some sacrifice then and again.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
23-04-2015, 01:52 PM
(23-04-2015 10:43 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(23-04-2015 05:54 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  No, you don't hate gays, you're just a bigot towards them while you talk out of both sides of your mouth.

From this thread:

A gotcha argument for Satan

Opposing gay clergy and/or gay marriage can be done without hate. You are quick to inflate my opinions using emotion.

For example, I would personally oppose/vote against Hillary Clinton for President based on her liberal political viewpoint. Does that mean I hate her?

Qlueless as always, your ACTIONS betray you, you support bigoted policies in regards to church positions, then you TALK about love. It's this kind of duplicitous attitude that makes it morally reprehensible.
Excuse me while I make you sit in the back of the bus, but I love you.
You are a bigot!

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 5 users Like TheInquisition's post
24-04-2015, 08:31 AM
(23-04-2015 12:29 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(23-04-2015 10:43 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Opposing gay clergy and/or gay marriage can be done without hate. You are quick to inflate my opinions using emotion.

For example, I would personally oppose/vote against Hillary Clinton for President based on her liberal political viewpoint. Does that mean I hate her?

That's not what the Bible says:

Leviticus 20:13--If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

Sounds like hate to me.

I'm mature enough to say someone has done something detestable without hating the person. If I hated all people who've done detestable actions, I'd hate myself and all persons--except One.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-04-2015, 08:35 AM
(23-04-2015 01:36 PM)Dusky Wrote:  
(23-04-2015 01:25 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  God of the Old Testament is exactly such guy from who you would expect anger over something that do him no harm.
But honestly, what one could expect from such bloody book and it's wtiters? They don't strike me as particulary tolerant or enlightened folks, so why god of theirs should be any different?

It goes back to one of those things like, even if he existed, why the hell would I want to worship him? For a god to make these types of "demands" to his servants seem so strange and ludicrous, that I wouldn't even want to worship a being like that.

"Prove yourself to me and cut off the foreskin of your penis!"

(Although that was done to me at an early age) I don't think that's a reasonable request to have anyone do. I'd rather burn in hell than sit in heaven with that being.

I wonder if you've heard the NT teachings that circumcision is irrelevant to salvation or standing before God--or frankly, people. Jewish leaders in Paul's day took pride in their Jewishness including their tradition of circumcision--as well they should in some respects as they couldn't hide from Roman persecution should the Romans require the men to undress.

But I hear what you're saying about God's character and wanted you to know I agree and that the NT teaches the opposite.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
24-04-2015, 08:37 AM
(23-04-2015 01:31 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(23-04-2015 10:44 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  No. I'm saying there is some content in books and films, religious or no, that may not be appropriate for children. I know you've heard of blockers for cable channels that allow programs to air while skipping certain scenes...

Yeah, except your first quote explicitly said "indoctrinating":

(22-04-2015 10:52 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I am joining your stance and will do all I can to prevent Oklahomans from indoctrinating their children to love others as themselves via the Bible's injunction.

And your second post mentioned how kid's Bibles wouldn't contain grizzly scenes:

(22-04-2015 02:37 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Well now, y'all write as if you believe for even a moment that the children's Bibles to be distributed contain Song of Songs, stories of rape, and etc. Please be real. There is adult material in the Bible as we've discussed.

Those two together seem to indicate that if you want to indoctrinate children about the "nice parts", you need to leave out the "bad parts".

Or was I not supposed to read both of those things you said in this thread back-to-back like that?

Do you consider me a real person with real feelings, desires and ideas or as some type of debate robot only?

I do what I preach and vice versa or at least try to. From an early age, my children learned the Bible with their parents. We would say euphemisms like "so-and-so was very mean to so-and-so and hurt them" rather than get into rape and what a rape is at a tender age. Give me a break.

Your concerns underscore the very nature of this debate. That the Bible is a source of contention when talking about influencing children not only because it's a religious text but because it touches on mature themes. And?

24-04-2015, 08:49 AM
(24-04-2015 08:31 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(23-04-2015 12:29 PM)jennybee Wrote:  That's not what the Bible says:

Leviticus 20:13--If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

Sounds like hate to me.

I'm mature enough to say someone has done something detestable without hating the person. If I hated all people who've done detestable actions, I'd hate myself and all persons--except One.

Oh man, let's kill all those detestable people. Squash them like bugs. I don't hate them. Just what they've done is detestable.

Real mature Dodgy Fucking hell. Do you even listen to yourself? You're condoning murder of homosexuals just because some FUCKING ARSEHOLE included TWO STUPID VERSES in your FUCKING DEMENTED BOOK!

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST! YOU GUYS ARE ALL FUCKING NUTS! GO FUCK YOURSELVES YOU IMMORAL PRICKS!

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post
24-04-2015, 08:55 AM

Sounds like hate to me.

I'm glad u r able to do that. But many christians can't and they use The Bible to back themselves up. God has done some pretty detestable things in the Bible.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
24-04-2015, 09:11 AM

Sounds like hate to me.

If you think you can detest someone to the point of killing them for their actions, and you've not gone onto hating the person. You're of a very strange empathetic wavelength.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post