Awkward Moments Children's Bible

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-04-2015, 05:33 PM
RE: Awkward Moments Children's Bible
(24-04-2015 04:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(24-04-2015 12:50 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I know many christians who are petrified of hell--and I mean petrified. They even have hell houses here to scare you into jesus' *loving* embrace.

Never heard of these before. I wanna go. Can I be jesus? Or do we take turns?

LOL...I've never been to one before--but apparently hell houses are set up to scare the bejesus out of you. They're like haunted houses--only they show what's going to happen to you if you sin and reject Jesus. But they also show that if you follow Jesus--what Heaven will be like in the end.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-04-2015, 08:18 PM (This post was last modified: 24-04-2015 08:31 PM by GirlyMan.)
(24-04-2015 05:33 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(24-04-2015 04:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Never heard of these before. I wanna go. Can I be jesus? Or do we take turns?

LOL...I've never been to one before--but apparently hell houses are set up to scare the bejesus out of you. They're like haunted houses--only they show what's going to happen to you if you sin and reject Jesus. But they also show that if you follow Jesus--what Heaven will be like in the end.

I think I will show them fear in a handful of dust.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
24-04-2015, 08:29 PM
(24-04-2015 08:18 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(24-04-2015 05:33 PM)jennybee Wrote:  LOL...I've never been to one before--but apparently hell houses are set up to scare the bejesus out of you. They're like haunted houses--only they show what's going to happen to you if you sin and reject Jesus. But they also show that if you follow Jesus--what Heaven will be like in the end.

I think I will show them fear in a handful of dust.

I think we should hijack who's ever playing Jesus. Big Grin
24-04-2015, 08:34 PM (This post was last modified: 24-04-2015 09:26 PM by GirlyMan.)
(24-04-2015 08:29 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(24-04-2015 08:18 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I think I will show them fear in a handful of dust.

I think we should hijack who's ever playing Jesus. Big Grin

What shall we do with them?

Hurry up please, it's time.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
24-04-2015, 09:18 PM
(24-04-2015 08:34 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(24-04-2015 08:29 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I think we should hijack who's ever playing Jesus. Big Grin

What shall we do with them?

I dunno--throw water balloons at him Smile
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
24-04-2015, 09:27 PM
(24-04-2015 09:18 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(24-04-2015 08:34 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  What shall we do with them?

I dunno--throw water balloons at him Smile

Yes!

25-04-2015, 03:09 AM
(24-04-2015 09:27 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(24-04-2015 09:18 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I dunno--throw water balloons at him Smile

Yes!

Walk on this motherfucker!

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
25-04-2015, 06:41 AM
(24-04-2015 01:30 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I think your girls are lucky to have you leaving the trapdoor open for them.

I can tell a while back that my six-year-old and my wife were talking about my lack of belief, because one night, out of the blue, she asks me "Daddy, why don't you believe in things you can't see?".

While that isn't technically true, I knew what she meant and where she was going with it. I don't remember exactly how I answered, and she responded "You can feel God in your heart. That's how you know he's real. Do you believe now?"

It was cute and all, but I can tell she only half understands what she was saying. I'll have to find an appropriate time to talk to her more, possibly when she's about two years older. My three-year-old doesn't understand why I don't pray (of course, I don't think she "believes" in God, either, because she's three). At least my wife has jettisoned most of the terrible parts of Christianity, so even if our daughters stick with it, they aren't being raised to be fundies.

(24-04-2015 01:31 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Just knowing that it's all right to question can have a huge impact, faith can be incredibly frail when it's not in a sheltered environment.

Agreed.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
25-04-2015, 04:16 PM
Fuck off with the "hate the sin, love the sinner" bullshit Q. It's pure hypocrisy and you're a bitch. You churchy fucks shout "amen" when the preach is taking all your money and giving a sermon about the evil of gossip and then as soon as the service is over the congregation muddles about for another talking shit about each other. It's like a weekly meeting for two faced cock suckers.
27-04-2015, 10:28 AM
(24-04-2015 09:11 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(24-04-2015 08:31 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I'm mature enough to say someone has done something detestable without hating the person. If I hated all people who've done detestable actions, I'd hate myself and all persons--except One.

If you think you can detest someone to the point of killing them for their actions, and you've not gone onto hating the person. You're of a very strange empathetic wavelength.

We haven't discussed my views on capital punishment, you and I, have we? But jurors and judges who condemn lawbreakers to death do not need to hate them--indeed, we recuse them in American when they know the alleged criminal in an effort to help them maintain objectivity.

Repeating, the Bible says certain acts are despicable. I CERTAINLY hope you find some of these like rape and murder despicable. But we are to love our neighbor.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user