Ayaan Hirsi Ali labeled an Islamaphobe, denied honorary degree.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-04-2014, 07:46 AM
Ayaan Hirsi Ali labeled an Islamaphobe, denied honorary degree.
Ayaan Hirsi Ali is being labeled an Islamaphobe and was denied a honorary degree.

Quote:"This is a real slap in the face to Muslim students," said senior Sarah Fahmy, a member of the Muslim Student Association who created the petition said before the university withdrew the honor.

"But it's not just the Muslim community that is upset but students and faculty of all religious beliefs," she said. "A university that prides itself on social justice and equality should not hold up someone who is an outright Islamophobic."

I find it very disgusting that a critic of a religion, especially Islam, is labeled an Islamaphobe. It's a way of silencing dissent.

Why are you still reading this line when it is obviously my signature line?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like FaceOfBoe's post
09-04-2014, 08:16 AM
RE: Ayaan Hirsi Ali labeled an Islamaphobe, denied honorary degree.
(09-04-2014 07:46 AM)FaceOfBoe Wrote:  Ayaan Hirsi Ali is being labeled an Islamaphobe and was denied a honorary degree.

Quote:"This is a real slap in the face to Muslim students," said senior Sarah Fahmy, a member of the Muslim Student Association who created the petition said before the university withdrew the honor.

"But it's not just the Muslim community that is upset but students and faculty of all religious beliefs," she said. "A university that prides itself on social justice and equality should not hold up someone who is an outright Islamophobic."

I find it very disgusting that a critic of a religion, especially Islam, is labeled an Islamaphobe. It's a way of silencing dissent.

So, standing up and speaking out about Islamic abuses of women, at great risk to her own life, is oppressing Islam.

Facepalm

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
09-04-2014, 08:22 AM
Fuck you, Brandeis. It's not 20 miles from here. Maybe I should go paint some dirty Mohammed cartoons on the buildings.

The truly ironic part is that the school is named for Louis Brandeis, a Jewish philanthropist, lawyer, and Supreme Court justice. He must be spinning in his grave.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
09-04-2014, 12:23 PM
(09-04-2014 07:46 AM)FaceOfBoe Wrote:  Ayaan Hirsi Ali is being labeled an Islamaphobe and was denied a honorary degree.

Maybe someone needs to remind them of why she needs personal private security wherever she goes expressly because of threats on her life from Islamic extremists... Dodgy

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
09-04-2014, 12:29 PM
Quote:But Ibrahim Hooper, a spokesman for the Council on American-Islamic Relations, the nation's largest Muslim advocacy group, said, "It is unconscionable that such a prestigious university would honor someone with such openly hateful views."

What is unconscionable is that a university would listen to such a miserable cocksucker as this in the first place.

Fuck Allah and the pedo-prophet he rode in on.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 4 users Like Minimalist's post
09-04-2014, 02:36 PM
That's just ridiculous. It must have been the bogeyman Islamophobia that killed Theo Van Gogh too.
09-04-2014, 03:03 PM
I'm disappointed in Brandeis, but not surprised. Defending islam is popular on college campuses right now - not sure why. I guess it seems politically correct since they consider right wingers "at war" with it. I guess all that terrorism is the name of allah is just made up, huh? And I guess this woman didn't suffer genital mutilation and abuse in the name of her former religion?

Do you think they would have called for this if she had been speaking out against abuses in christianity or judaism? I don't think so.
[+] 1 user Likes meremortal's post
09-04-2014, 04:51 PM
Ridiculous! Those that took the decision should be a-fucking-shamed of themselves.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
09-04-2014, 05:30 PM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2014 07:01 PM by Mark Fulton.)
(09-04-2014 04:51 PM)Marozz Wrote:  Ridiculous! Those that took the decision should be a-fucking-shamed of themselves.

I saw her at the world atheist conference in Melbourne 2012. A beautiful lady... gentle, sweet, articulate and brave. I saw the hate in the Islamic protestors' eyes. She needed body guards just to get around.

Islam is just as evil as Christianity.

Both religions are a scourge on humanity, because each has adherents that take the hate too far.
[+] 2 users Like Mark Fulton's post
09-04-2014, 06:56 PM
Idiots. She came from a Muslim background and Islamic faith. It's not like she doesn't have reason to know what she's talking about. If they don't like what she is saying, they should try standing with her and actually DO something about it. Angry

May huge numbers of Brandeis alumni fail to donate next year. Dodgy

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post