Ayaan Hirsi Ali labeled an Islamaphobe, denied honorary degree.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-04-2014, 07:58 PM
RE: Ayaan Hirsi Ali labeled an Islamaphobe, denied honorary degree.
Modern college students: Constantly reminding us there's a huge difference between being well-educated and being smart.

There is no "I" in "team" but there is a broken and mixed up "me."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2014, 08:12 PM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2014 09:41 PM by Bucky Ball.)
I'm hoping that a group of students from there will take matters into their own hands and honor her anyway. Brandeis, (or any other school for that matter) cannot control their students right to free speech. They should organize a conference, invite Robert Spencer, and let him expose the entire cooked up bullshit that Islam is, and always has been. Just like Constantine adopted Christianity as a political tool to unify his disparate empire, and the Persian emperor had the Torah of Moses assembled to control the post-exilic Jews, Islam was created to unify and control that new vast empire. It's all only about politics and political control, Not about religion.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
09-04-2014, 08:22 PM
The Romans never suspected Christianity to be such a threat either.

Except Diocletian. Smart man.

Nice cauliflowers!

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
09-04-2014, 11:51 PM (This post was last modified: 10-04-2014 07:31 AM by Mark Fulton.)
(09-04-2014 08:12 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I'm hoping that a group of students from there will take matters into their own hands and honor her anyway. Brandeis, (or any other school for that matter) cannot control their students right to free speech. They should organize a conference, invite Robert Spencer, and let him expose the entire cooked up bullshit that Islam is, and always has been. Just like Constantine adopted Christianity as a political tool to unify his disparate empire, and the Persian emperor had the Torah of Moses assembled to control the post-exilic Jews, Islam was created to unify and control that new vast empire. It's all only about politics and political control, Not about religion.

Re
"and the Persian emperor had the Torah of Moses assembled to control the post-exilic Jews,"

I like that concept! It makes sense. Any direct evidence for this? ( ?Um...was it Ezra with his note from king whoever?)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-04-2014, 03:19 PM
I don't have much to add except that I was just reading this NY Times op ed:
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/18/opinio...ryone.html

It's actually saying that if people say it's ok for Ali to "offend Muslims," then it's equally ok for people to be white supremacists and to hate gay people. Author clearly is an idiot and can't differentiate between hating a hateful religion (Islam) and hating Muslims (if the author compares hating Islam to hating black people or hating gay people, it means she cannot tell the difference).

The reason this irritates me so much is that it's not just one person's opinion, a lot of people think this way. The term "Islamophobia" is just being used to silence anyone who says anything about Islam.

Quote:I'm disappointed in Brandeis, but not surprised.
Same.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-04-2014, 04:20 PM (This post was last modified: 17-04-2014 04:44 PM by PeterKA.)
(09-04-2014 08:22 PM)Banjo Wrote:  The Romans never suspected Christianity to be such a threat either.

Except Diocletian. Smart man.

Nice cauliflowers!

Except that Diocletian was so anti christian he inadvertently created the first fundamentalists - who thought that he was bringing about the apocalypse.

To get back on topic this strikes me as being even more worrying than the whole South Park/Mohammed debacle. What this means is that any person who takes a public, opposing view to Islam can now be punished by anyone who claims to represent a section of muslim society - aided and abetted by timid fools who are so afraid of offending anyone they end up supporting the worst excesses of fundamentalist intimidation by their own inaction

The secret to a happy life is lowering your expectations to the point where they are already met
17-04-2014, 04:39 PM
They have a great and effective process of beating down dissent with claims of discrimination. Brilliant abuse of our system to be honest. Sad

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
18-04-2014, 03:53 AM (This post was last modified: 18-04-2014 04:05 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(09-04-2014 11:51 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(09-04-2014 08:12 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I'm hoping that a group of students from there will take matters into their own hands and honor her anyway. Brandeis, (or any other school for that matter) cannot control their students right to free speech. They should organize a conference, invite Robert Spencer, and let him expose the entire cooked up bullshit that Islam is, and always has been. Just like Constantine adopted Christianity as a political tool to unify his disparate empire, and the Persian emperor had the Torah of Moses assembled to control the post-exilic Jews, Islam was created to unify and control that new vast empire. It's all only about politics and political control, Not about religion.

Re
"and the Persian emperor had the Torah of Moses assembled to control the post-exilic Jews,"

I like that concept! It makes sense. Any direct evidence for this? ( ?Um...was it Ezra with his note from king whoever?)

http://books.google.com/books?id=1ha9GgW...ve&f=false
I'll have to look for better sources. It's summarized there.
http://debunkingchristianity.blogspot.co...emple.html

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.