Ayn Rand's "Atlas Shrugged" The Movie

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-03-2011, 11:33 AM

Video Ayn Rand's "Atlas Shrugged" The Movie
LINK Pt.1

Ah for lack of a sound system on my computer. But what do you all think?
Quote this message in a reply
31-03-2011, 12:09 PM
RE: Ayn Rand's "Atlas Shrugged" The Movie
I've never read the book - just seen it referenced.
Can't really be objective or informed in my opinion giving.
If someone can enlighten me - I'd be great-full.

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-03-2011, 12:59 PM
Oh boy, Ayn Rand. I do need a good sleep, finals have been killing me lately. Maybe I'll go take Atlas Shrugged out of my library and read till I fall asleep, should only take a page or two.

God she's a terrible author.

31-03-2011, 02:12 PM
What? No... NOOOOOOO! I'm an Ayn Rand lover. Terrible author? Have you read Anthem, The Fountainhead, or The Virtue of Selfishness? Glorious.

I think Atlas Shrugged was her worse book, but very rarely do movies do justice to books. (aka Angels and Demons, Palahniuk's "Choke", etc)

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
31-03-2011, 02:27 PM
There was a joke : How do you piss off philosophers ? You ask them why Ayn Rand is always right . Tongue

31-03-2011, 03:33 PM
Individualism and Objectivism ftw.

And gagla, I think you have a posting problem. You need to slow down before I'm forced to hold an intervention. I know inside you think "just one more post" and "I can stop posting whenever I want." Next thing you know, you're giving HJ's to homeless guys in a dark alley for meth, I've seen it 100 times.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
01-04-2011, 12:00 AM
Here's what I think. Why do right wingers get such hard-ons when something they think supports their case gets the Hollywood treatment?

Narnia, the Passion, Red Dawn, Patton, the Bible ... the list goes all the way back to the earliest days of film, 1912's From the Manger to the Cross.

Folks, I have two words for you; Leni Riefenstahl.
01-04-2011, 03:37 AM
(31-03-2011 03:33 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  Individualism and Objectivism ftw.

And gagla, I think you have a posting problem. You need to slow down before I'm forced to hold an intervention. I know inside you think "just one more post" and "I can stop posting whenever I want." Next thing you know, you're giving HJ's to homeless guys in a dark alley for meth, I've seen it 100 times.

LOL dude - I post daily and just a few thoughts. I guess I keep forgetting this is a forum and not a conversation on Messenger.

@gamutman
Didn't Bush's grandad try to install a fascist rule in the US ? Just saying ...

01-04-2011, 09:08 AM
(31-03-2011 02:12 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  What? No... NOOOOOOO! I'm an Ayn Rand lover. Terrible author? Have you read Anthem, The Fountainhead, or The Virtue of Selfishness? Glorious.

I think Atlas Shrugged was her worse book, but very rarely do movies do justice to books. (aka Angels and Demons, Palahniuk's "Choke", etc)

I've only been exposed to Atlas Shrugged but if her other work is anything like it, which you're suggesting it isn't, then she is irredeemable. I guess I could give her a shot but after what I've seen I'm not exactly gonna rush into any library demanding I see her other work Tongue

01-04-2011, 01:51 PM
(31-03-2011 02:12 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  What? No... NOOOOOOO! I'm an Ayn Rand lover. Terrible author? Have you read Anthem, The Fountainhead, or The Virtue of Selfishness? Glorious.

Yes, yes, and no. I thought they were all terrible.

The philosophy, fine. I didn't really care about her views on economics or individualism or objectivism then and I certainly don't now. But even if she's a philosopher on par with Socrates, she is a terrible writer. Her books are some of the most boring things I ever read.

Then again, I know some people who don't like Discworld, so to each their own, I suppose.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner