BB Blasphemers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-01-2011, 05:51 AM
BB Blasphemers
I created a group on Blackberry Messenger called BB Blasphemers. Nothing special but it gives us a place to chat it up when we are out and about. If you are interested you can either post your PIN here or private message me. We are always looking for interesting atheists.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-01-2011, 06:38 AM
RE: BB Blasphemers
Phishing alert !!!!! NEVER give your PIN to anyone !!!!
Find all posts by this user
13-01-2011, 03:58 PM (This post was last modified: 13-01-2011 04:10 PM by riseinside.)
This is not some phishing attempt. I figured that those with a blackberry would know now blackberry messenger. To add friends you have to have the PIN. I created a group called BB Blasphemers for those of us on the go to have a few atheist friends. I did not think it would cause such an issue.

There is very little you can do with the PIN. Heck, I even mentioned private messages. If the boards are that sensitive then I apologize. Delete the thread if you must. But at least give those with blackberries the opportunity to meet a few new atheist friends. We have 22 members already at the moment.
13-01-2011, 05:55 PM
Wouldn't a phone number be best at first? I'm not sure how all that stuff works but I always thought blackberry was a phone company.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
13-01-2011, 05:57 PM
(13-01-2011 05:55 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  Wouldn't a phone number be best at first? I'm not sure how all that stuff works but I always thought blackberry was a phone company.

It is but with blackberry messenger you add people with the PIN number. It identifies a user, that is all. There is nothing you can do with a PIN other than add them to messenger.
13-01-2011, 09:29 PM
I still think this is either a phishing attempt or someone designed the blackberry with their ass.
If you are legit my apologies.
14-01-2011, 12:09 AM
(13-01-2011 09:29 PM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  I still think this is either a phishing attempt or someone designed the blackberry with their ass.
If you are legit my apologies.

Yes, I am legit. I am guessing nobody here has a blackberry.

Like I said I did not think I would cause this much of an issue by allowing others to join our blackberry group. We are 22 strong and have a very good group of people so far. I wanted to open that up to such a great forum. One that I have grown very fond of so far. I might not have the post count that many here have but I am definitely legit.
14-01-2011, 12:22 AM
Is there is a difference in the way blackberry handles PIN numbers as opposed to the systems gaglamesh is used to?

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
14-01-2011, 12:26 AM
(14-01-2011 12:22 AM)No J. Wrote:  Is there is a difference in the way blackberry handles PIN numbers as opposed to the systems gaglamesh is used to?

I think there is and I think the issue is due to the fact that I was under the assumption that I thought this was more widely known.

A PIN in blackberry messenger is used simply as an ID number in place of a phone number as most are accustomed to. It identifies your phone. It allows others to add you to messenger. Its not like giving our your SSN number or anything.

I could post mine right here, which is 22110FCA. All you could do with that is either send me a PIN message or add me to blackberry messenger. I think that is where the confusion arose.

I am definitely legit. I am not trying to get information out of anybody. I was simply advertising the group I created to give those people with a blackberry a place to chat when they are on the go and away from the boards. Like I said the mods can delete this thread if its going to cause that much of an issue.
14-01-2011, 12:40 AM
Sorry , a PIN number as I know it is a lock out code for your phone if someone steals it - it's almost no different from the PIN you use to safeguard your credit card - that's why I jumped so high when I saw that - my bad.