BBC - Das Auto: The Germans, Their Cars and Us

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-05-2014, 03:49 PM
BBC - Das Auto: The Germans, Their Cars and Us

(22-05-2014 06:23 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I abstain from all forms of sexual acts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like The Germans are coming's post
21-05-2014, 05:05 PM
RE: BBC - Das Auto: The Germans, Their Cars and Us
Well that brought back a lot of memories. My German granddad had a brand new BMW 3 series. He kept it in a heated insulated garage and looked after it with loving care. Then had a stroke.

All the things that they say in that program ring true.
22-05-2014, 06:33 AM
I love my German car. It's an amazing machine. I've driven several cars that were "comparable", but none really were comparable. Nothing I've driven (that was under $60k) even comes close to the exhilaration that car gives me from just driving down the road.

I will be buying Audis for the foreseeable future. Well done, Germany, well done.

“It’s what non-car people don’t get. They see all cars as just a ton and a half, two tons of wires, glass, metal, and rubber, and that’s all they see. People like you or I know we have an unshakable belief that cars are living entities… You can develop a relationship with a car and that’s what non-car people don’t get… When something has foibles and won’t handle properly, that gives it a particularly human quality because it makes mistakes, and that’s how you can build a relationship with a car that other people won’t get.”

- Jeremy Clarkson

She turned me into a NEWT. I got better, though.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
22-05-2014, 07:33 AM
(22-05-2014 06:33 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  I love my German car. It's an amazing machine. I've driven several cars that were "comparable", but none really were comparable. Nothing I've driven (that was under $60k) even comes close to the exhilaration that car gives me from just driving down the road.

I will be buying Audis for the foreseeable future. Well done, Germany, well done.

“It’s what non-car people don’t get. They see all cars as just a ton and a half, two tons of wires, glass, metal, and rubber, and that’s all they see. People like you or I know we have an unshakable belief that cars are living entities… You can develop a relationship with a car and that’s what non-car people don’t get… When something has foibles and won’t handle properly, that gives it a particularly human quality because it makes mistakes, and that’s how you can build a relationship with a car that other people won’t get.”

- Jeremy Clarkson

I've been driving BMWs for 33 years. I'm on my sixth one.

I've never driven an Audi. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-05-2014, 08:12 AM
(22-05-2014 07:33 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 06:33 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  I love my German car. It's an amazing machine. I've driven several cars that were "comparable", but none really were comparable. Nothing I've driven (that was under $60k) even comes close to the exhilaration that car gives me from just driving down the road.

- Jeremy Clarkson

I've been driving BMWs for 33 years. I'm on my sixth one.

I've never driven an Audi. Consider

I'd highly recommend a test drive before purchasing a new vehicle. A friend of mine recently bought a BMW 5 series and regrets it. He drove 3 Audis before that car and all 3 were more fun to drive.

I drive a TT Roadster and absolutely adore this vehicle. It's not the fastest car I've owned or driven, but it's the most fun. I jokingly call it "My Go-Kart" because it drives like it's on rails. I can throw the thing around a corner and be going 45 mph by the time I leave the curve and never slide or chirp the tires. People laughed at me when I bought such a small car saying that I'd regret it when the snow hits. I just responded by reminding them that Germany has lots of snow, they know a thing or two about driving in it. Then I laughed over the winter as my friends with big vehicles were complaining about slick road conditions and I was doing just fine with my quattro.

She turned me into a NEWT. I got better, though.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister