BBC Dyno Dynasty. Disturbing Amazon review.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-04-2014, 03:26 AM
BBC Dyno Dynasty. Disturbing Amazon review.
I often think that we outside of the USA do not quite understand the disturbing level of Christian interference in everyday life.

I was reading about the new kid friendly BBC cut of Walking with dinosaurs when I came upon this review. The review itself did not disturb me, it was the observation that education is deemed negative by others.

I actually said in a low voice, "whoa!".

http://www.amazon.com/review/R1GQZU3C4II...ZU3C4IIM2D

Check it out.

Editorial Reviews
Amazon.com 
This well-received Discovery Kids television series cleverly cannibalized footage from two hugely popular, BBC primetime programs Walking with Dinosaurs and Walking with Prehistoric Beasts, reworking the CGI-heavy dino-dramas into absorbing (and--shh!--educational) fare. The result was, and is, smashing. Narrated by Ben Stiller and ingeniously scripted, the series delineates epochs, species, and prehistoric environments in an entertaining effort to broaden one's detailed appreciation of ancient creatures of the land, sea, and air. Meet Ornithocheirus, a Cretaceous-period flying pterosaur whose 40-foot wingspan can carry him from the future Florida coast to Europe in a day--yet who could end up as snack food for the 80-foot aquatic monster Liopleurodon. Or the fascinating, 6-foot Leallynasaura, a 106-million-year-old denizen of Antarctica's rainforest (!) who avoids the predatory Koolasuchus (seriously) through clan cooperation. There's more to prehistoric Earth than the stylish raptor and bullying T-Rex; meet their neighbors here. --Tom Keogh

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-04-2014, 06:19 AM
RE: BBC Dyno Dynasty. Disturbing Amazon review.
Yabut, in context, it could be referring to the notion that children of 3-8 don't fully appreciate the benefits of being educationalised at.

i.e. shh!--educational, don't tell the children.

Just a thought.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
19-04-2014, 06:25 AM
You may be right.

Is it possible I am reading from a confining world view???

Surely no!??? Gasp

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
21-04-2014, 09:38 AM
I think DLJ is right... Nothing to worry about.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user