*****BCS National Championship - LSU Tigers vs. Alabama Crimson Tide*****

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-12-2011, 02:24 PM
*****BCS National Championship - LSU Tigers vs. Alabama Crimson Tide*****
Monday, January 9th in New Orleans, La. The Tigers and the Tide face off in a rematch of the regular season game that was hailed as the Game of the Century. I'm confident that the Tigers can pull this one off.

LSU 20 - Bama 14

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2011, 02:33 PM
RE: *****BCS National Championship - LSU Tigers vs. Alabama Crimson Tide*****
How can it be the game of the century when it is a rematch? I have never hated the BCS more than now. I am a huge SEC fan (go Vols) but this is just stupid. If you don't win your conference, you shouldn't be allowed to play in the NC.

Evolve

Smartass
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/James_Beard2
05-12-2011, 02:35 PM
(05-12-2011 02:33 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  How can it be the game of the century when it is a rematch? I have never hated the BCS more than now. I am a huge SEC fan (go Vols) but this is just stupid. If you don't win your conference, you shouldn't be allowed to play in the NC.

So, the #2 team shouldn't play the #1 team for the National Championship?

On topic -

LSU 21
Bama 7 (was going to say 10, but that would require a field goal)

[Image: RHcn6pd.gif]
05-12-2011, 02:38 PM
(05-12-2011 02:33 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  How can it be the game of the century when it is a rematch? I have never hated the BCS more than now. I am a huge SEC fan (go Vols) but this is just stupid. If you don't win your conference, you shouldn't be allowed to play in the NC.

If Alabama played in the SEC East we wouldn't have this problem. If Alabama played in a different conferece we wouldn't have this problem. If the SEC didn't have divisions and took the top 2 teams to the SECC we wouldn't have this problem. It's not Bama's fault they play in the SEC West. The purpose of the BCS is to put the best 2 teams in the nation in the NCG. They have succeeded. Conference divisions, auto qualifying conferences, and the bowl selection committee are the real problem.

Should be
#1 and #2 in the NC
#3 vs #10 in the Rose
#4 vs #9 in the Sugar
#5 vs #8 in the Fiesta
#6 vs #7 in the Orange

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
05-12-2011, 02:39 PM
(05-12-2011 02:35 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  

On topic -

LSU 21

Not when it is a rematch. If you have a playoff system and it comes down to a rematch, fine, but when "every game counts" it should factor in previously played games. They may be the 2 best teams, but that is like saying that the 2 best NFL teams should play in the Superbowl, even if they are both in the same conference!

Evolve

Smartass
05-12-2011, 02:42 PM
(05-12-2011 02:39 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  

On topic -

LSU 21

Not when it is a rematch. If you have a playoff system and it comes down to a rematch, fine, but when "every game counts" it should factor in previously played games. They may be the 2 best teams, but that is like saying that the 2 best NFL teams should play in the Superbowl, even if they are both in the same conference!

Every game does count. Had Ok State won then the lost to LSU would have mattered big time. When comparing 1 loss teams trying to decide who should play in the NCG the choice is clear. Bama lost to the #1 team in the country by 3 points in OT. Ok State lost to a barely .500 Iowa St. And no other team can keep pace with LSU. Had Alabama been in any other conference they would be undefeated conference champions.

-Mark Twain
05-12-2011, 02:48 PM
(05-12-2011 02:42 PM)germanyt Wrote:  

On topic -

LSU 21

Every game does count. Had Ok State won then the lost to LSU would have mattered big time. When comparing 1 loss teams trying to decide who should play in the NCG the choice is clear. Bama lost to the #1 team in the country by 3 points in OT. Ok State lost to a barely .500 Iowa St. And no other team can keep pace with LSU. Had Alabama been in any other conference they would be undefeated conference champions.

But they are not in another conference. Saying that 2 teams should play in the championship at the collegiate level is like saying that more NFC teams should make the playoffs than AFC teams!

Obviously I disagree with you and I use EXCLAMATION POINTS AND CAPITAL LETTERS!!! But I do see your point of the 2 best teams should play, but not at the expense of other conferences. Losses happen and even though Ok St. lost to a sub .500 team, it is a Loss the same as a loss to a >.500 team. To me that argument is the same as: "They may have won the superbowl but they lost to a non-playoff team whereas the team they beat didn't, so they are not the best team."

Evolve

Smartass
05-12-2011, 02:58 PM

On topic -

LSU 21

You can't compare the NFL to college because they are governed by a playoff system.

[Image: RHcn6pd.gif]
05-12-2011, 03:03 PM
Then, what is the point of having conferences in college football if the BCS negates the relevancy of them?

Evolve

Smartass
05-12-2011, 03:05 PM
(05-12-2011 03:03 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Then, what is the point of having conferences in college football if the BCS negates the relevancy of them?

Good question. I dont' see why we all don't schedule teams all over the country. I'm fine with a playoff system if that's what happens. The SEC will still mow over other conferences in it.

-Mark Twain