BOOK: Why I am an Atheist Who Believes in God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-11-2015, 12:23 PM
RE: BOOK: Why I am an Atheist Who Believes in God
Well I'm a god that doesn't believe in humans Tongue.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Adrianime's post
13-11-2015, 01:07 PM
Why I don't think I am a philosopher who am Descartes.

Unsure

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
13-11-2015, 01:18 PM
Ryan Bell did a review of the book last year.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
13-11-2015, 01:37 PM
That book title reflects the general lack of mental acuity of a large segment of theists, especially apologists. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
13-11-2015, 01:40 PM
He obviously has no understanding of what an atheist is. Seems very dishonest.
13-11-2015, 01:41 PM
Sounds like the girl I once knew who claimed to be straight -- but just LOVED munching carpet....

heh...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
06-12-2015, 05:38 PM
This sounds like someone who knows that a god doesn't exist, but can't break his mind away from the mental delusion.

A child dies in a car crash and the parents continue to make breakfast for the child, wash the child's clothes and have conversations about his or her school day. It's a complete mental block in which they can't face the reality of the situation, so it's better for them to keep the delusion.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
07-12-2015, 09:52 AM
The phrase "believes IN god" doesn't necessitate one believes God exists... Just like If I were to say I don't believe IN myself doesn't mean I don't believe I exist.. but do I? Consider

Idk, maybe I'm off but to me it sounds like someone saying I don't believe in God but the power of the concept of God is so wonderful I think it matters to people.

Or it could just be an asshat deliberately misusing the label atheism for book sales.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
07-12-2015, 10:19 AM
(06-12-2015 05:38 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  This sounds like someone who knows that a god doesn't exist, but can't break his mind away from the mental delusion.

A child dies in a car crash and the parents continue to make breakfast for the child, wash the child's clothes and have conversations about his or her school day. It's a complete mental block in which they can't face the reality of the situation, so it's better for them to keep the delusion.

When I first left the ministry and the church, I didn't know I was losing my faith. For several years if someone asked me, I said I was a Christian, but I refused to think about or discuss losing my faith. I just existed as a person and still held onto the thought that God was still there. It took a lot more years to reach the place where I knew I had become an atheist and never really looked back, other than trying to get over the emotional trauma of completely changing my worldview. Maybe his book is a step along the way of his becoming an atheist. Or maybe it's just a clever title to attract sales. Consider

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
07-12-2015, 11:16 AM
I read his other book, Why I am a Venture Capitalist Who Never Loans Money.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post