BREAKING NEWS: BIN LADEN IS DEAD!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-05-2011, 05:36 PM
RE: BREAKING NEWS: BIN LADEN IS DEAD!
Well, my thoughts are just too damn big for this thread. If you like to know. Here are my thoughts:
http://bab5crusade.wordpress.com/2011/05...bin-laden/

[Image: buddhasig.png]
“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” ~ Gautama Buddha
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-05-2011, 06:27 PM

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men." Lord Acton

I think a lot of people can disagree with our government. And they can call it all sorts of names, especially from the distance of a border far removed. And living here, I can't say I disagree with a lot of the criticism. However, I think if the moralist's words, above, are true then it stands to reason it can also be said that great governments are almost always bad governments. Because they're populated by powerful men and women who are sometimes great, sometimes not so much, and yet are in charge as a minority of quite a huge lot of responsibility.

Imagine a corporation, any corporation, and ask if it's employees are always happy. Always impressed with management, always satisfied with getting the job done while someone else reaps the credit, the reward and the bigger paycheck for the effort of everyone on the lower rungs.

There's not a government on earth that's perfect. Nor is there one that is altruistic, pristine, of kind heart and noble intentions.
So while America can be seen by many in the world to be a capitalistic imperialist bully, it's interesting that the world's countries who's people feel free to say that about us, can't live without us. Though they very well wish they could.

We may suck, but we don't suck the worst. We may be corrupt, but we're not the worst. And we may be in need of serious overhaul, but there's a line and we're not at the head of it , nor are we last in the list.
Say what you want about America. But today you're free of Bin Laden! And that's thanks to us.
We killed that what needed killing. Sure, he'll be replaced and yet, if history says anything it says that one is doomed too. If we don't see to that, they'll see to it on behalf of their corrupt politics. Their criminal enterprise. Their violence and slaughter waged to achieve an end no one elected.

We're animals. We humans. We're savage. In every nation. And we govern, as we see fit.
What part of pure white grace, plays into the practice of that equation? Name me a country, and I'll pack.
Quote this message in a reply
10-05-2011, 06:47 PM
(10-05-2011 05:36 PM)The Doctor Wrote:  Well, my thoughts are just too damn big for this thread. If you like to know. Here are my thoughts:
http://bab5crusade.wordpress.com/2011/05...bin-laden/

Sorry, I strongly disagree with the statement "killing another sentient being is wrong". Killing a terrorist can prevent the death of other people. If killing is wrong, then preventing killings is right. And if the only way to prevent more killings is to kill the murderer then yes, killing the murderer is right. Is a world without a terrorist murderer a better place? I think it is. Do I think, as the link says, we deprived Bin Laden of the chance to be a better person? Ahaha, very funny! How many years has he been in business? He had plenty of chances to change. He didn't. In the meantime, he did rob others of their chance to life, though.
The death of Bin Laden won't bring any dead back, none of us is so stupid as to think it will. But if we are angry at the injustices he committed, I find his death does appeal to one's personal sense of justice. Although we can only kill him once while he killed thousands of people, that's better justice than seeing him walk about merrily with his 4 wives enjoying the sunshine, thank you very much. That no absolutely fitting justice can be done doesn't mean we should do no justice at all.
The last part of the link is even worse. It boils down to "Who cares if we killed Bin Laden, other terrorists will crop up". Uh, well that's like saying we shouldn't try to get murderers, rapists, and thieves because for each that's in jail there's 10 more out there. Yes, but those in jail aren't killing, raping or robbing anyone right now. Doesn't it count for something? If we didn't take them out of the streets, what would we gain? More rapes and crime, that's what!
Sorry, your link sounds too starry-eyed and disconnected from reality for my taste.

English is not my first language. If you think I am being mean, ask me. It could be just a wording problem.
Find all posts by this user
12-05-2011, 03:34 AM
[Image: obama-speech-he-is-dead-gif.gif]

(10-05-2011 06:27 PM)GassyKitten Wrote:  We may suck, but we don't suck the worst. We may be corrupt, but we're not the worst. And we may be in need of serious overhaul, but there's a line and we're not at the head of it , nor are we last in the list.

I think that ALL humanity is in need of serious overhaul Big Grin.

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”
-Georgia Harkness.

"La fe es patrimonio de los pendejos. (Faith is patrimony of the dumbfucks)."
-Diego Rivera
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user