BRILLIANT IDEA!!!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
26-10-2017, 09:11 AM
RE: BRILLIANT IDEA!!!
(26-10-2017 09:05 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(26-10-2017 08:54 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Some of us don't get gallows humor. Drinking Beverage

Oh I totally get gallows humour mate, however in this case I suspect its either a trolling / bait post but you can never be 100% certain, my humour is really dark but even I would hesitate to write something like this without making it absolutely obvious it was humorous.

I also think with the Internet and not knowing this person in real life, I don't like to assume this is all a joke. There have been cases on the Internet in the past, with other people suggesting suicides, and people sadly carrying them out. I'd rather be cautious and suggest talking to someone than assume oh he's just joking and have him harm himself in some way--especially where I don't know anything about this person or what he's presently dealing with in life.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
26-10-2017, 09:12 AM
(26-10-2017 08:54 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Some of us don't get gallows humor. Drinking Beverage

Gallows humour has never hung right with me. I always slip through the noose.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 5 users Like Free Thought's post
26-10-2017, 09:12 AM
(26-10-2017 05:59 AM)Thinker Wrote:  I'd be interested and curious to experience what it would be like to be killed. Most logically and existentially speaking, I of course understand that there would be no turning back - so what does anyone think?

Have you ever had a general anesthetic? You count down from a number and a few seconds later consciousness just stops. Nothing. You're effectively dead enough to keep the body and brain healthy but nothing else. A few hours later you're asleep and dreaming and feeling rough. I'm going to have general anesthetic in November for an eye operation.
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
26-10-2017, 09:15 AM
(26-10-2017 09:11 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I also think with the Internet and not knowing this person in real life, I don't like to assume this is all a joke. There have been cases on the Internet in the past, with other people suggesting suicides, and people sadly carrying them out. I'd rather be cautious and suggest talking to someone than assume oh he's just joking and have him harm himself in some way--especially where I don't know anything about this person or what he's presently dealing with in life.

Fair enough. I know that at one point I was still depressed and didn't realise it because I was so much better than the previous winter when I was suicidally depressed. It's quite easy to have self destructive wishes and to pass them off as nothing more than day dreams to avoid admitting that you have a problem.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
26-10-2017, 09:16 AM
(26-10-2017 09:12 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(26-10-2017 05:59 AM)Thinker Wrote:  I'd be interested and curious to experience what it would be like to be killed. Most logically and existentially speaking, I of course understand that there would be no turning back - so what does anyone think?

Have you ever had a general anesthetic? You count down from a number and a few seconds later consciousness just stops. Nothing. You're effectively dead enough to keep the body and brain healthy but nothing else. A few hours later you're asleep and dreaming and feeling rough. I'm going to have general anesthetic in November for an eye operation.

You get to experience death and come back, and there's no mess like with a knife which you wouldn't have the strength to drive through your rib cage into your heart anyway. Seppuku should be performed in the soft tissue of the abdomen.

#sigh
26-10-2017, 09:20 AM
(26-10-2017 09:12 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  

Yes its how I imagine what death is like I remember my last anaesthetic and even my hearing was the last thing to go just like with real death (apparently)
26-10-2017, 03:02 PM
Thread closed

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Thread Closed