BS garbage GOP "Job creators"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-01-2017, 05:44 PM
RE: BS garbage GOP "Job creators"
(06-01-2017 01:23 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(06-01-2017 01:11 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I don't know if that would happen. People still like to see stuff before they buy. But that doesn't mean they can't try to find the exact same thing online cheaper.

Or they might decide that they don't paying a little more for the same thing they can just take home.

I'll confess that I buy a lot of stuff from Amazon -- mostly books and CDs. But it's mostly about convenience rather than price. I generally don't buy bestsellers -- it tends to be more obscure stuff that a regular store may or may not have. I also don't have a car. So I'm reluctant to get on my bike and ride a few miles to the store (although I still do sometimes), only to find that they don't have what I'm looking for. Amazon always has it. That's what hooked me.

Yeah books, CD's and even DVDs (just keep whining but our cable and internet took a shit recently and that's all we could watch) I totally get that. I would much rather order a book through amazon than go to a book store.

But like with bedsheets, unless I'm familiar already of a specific brand or thread count, I kinda want to go and see it, touch it, etc...

Also, for some pots and pans, since I can't gage quality from an image. Some looked really good but didn't feel like they'd last at all or didn't feel nice in the hand -- both are important.

I wouldn't buy a mattress online either, I don't care how good the return policy was. I want to have some idea of what I'm getting before it comes to the house.

I guess my point is that I don't think the brick and mortar stores will go away, I just worry that in some areas they'll all be replaced with wall marts and targets as a premium choice.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2017, 08:18 PM
BS garbage GOP "Job creators"
(05-01-2017 07:25 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Are doing such a great job keeping jobs that Macys and Kmart are closing stores and cutting jobs.

There is your wonderful fuckface GOP blowing more smoke up your ass.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/04/news/com...uts-stock/

http://www.businessinsider.com/list-of-s...ing-2017-1

FUCK YOU TRUMP, FUCK THE GOP, FUCK RYAN, FUCK MICH, FUCK FOX NEWS.

I'm not sure why this is important to you Brian. Your greatest fear is having a job.
06-01-2017, 08:20 PM
I see you two are a match made in heaven.
06-01-2017, 08:28 PM
(06-01-2017 08:42 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I want you to learn ONE word today. Just one. You probably already know this word. This word is to blame for Kmart and Macy's destruction. Your new word is:

Amazon.

Fuck Macy's. Overpriced bullshit. I was looking for a goose down Columbia jacket for my daughter for christmas. I looked in all the stores. Macy's, Dillard's. Burlington. JCPenney. Sears. Average price was $200 for the coat I wanted to purchase.

Found it on Amazon for $109 with free shipping.

Guess who got my money?

You think democrats can fix that?

LMAO. EXACTLY. Who got your money ? Ahahahahahaha. Facepalm
And where did the coat COME FROM ? It wasn't made in the US. And it's THE VERY SAME bullshit YOU bought in electing the Dumpster. He cannot undo globalization. The REASON you have cheap prices at Wallmart and Amazon, (which MAKES NOTHING), is they IMPORT from the Far East and places that makes stuff cheaper. Amazon didn't MAKE the coat. Where did it COME FROM ? People are GOING to pay for cheaper shit, and no one, not even your Dumpster can stop that. The bullshit idea that he can make the coal mines re-open is SO delusional.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
06-01-2017, 08:32 PM
(06-01-2017 05:31 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(06-01-2017 05:24 PM)Dom Wrote:  Trump is at war with #disloyal Macys. Has been tweeting about it, calling for a boycott. Hates them because they stopped carrying his clothing line. He wants them to fail.

https://mic.com/articles/164386/why-is-m....5tU65XgqZ

That backfired on him didn't it?

For a man that campaigned on caring about jobs (which is ironic considering he has a reality tv show that fires people) he sure as shit don't give a fuck about jobs.
Didn't see that one coming... *eyeroll*

He's too busy jerking with his Twitter.
On the same day he's meeting with the intel chiefs, he's busy Tweeting about Arnold and his old TV show. Yeah this guy is REALLY ready to be president. FacepalmWeeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
06-01-2017, 10:12 PM
(06-01-2017 01:03 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(06-01-2017 08:42 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I want you to learn ONE word today. Just one. You probably already know this word. This word is to blame for Kmart and Macy's destruction. Your new word is:

Amazon.

Fuck Macy's. Overpriced bullshit. I was looking for a goose down Columbia jacket for my daughter for christmas. I looked in all the stores. Macy's, Dillard's. Burlington. JCPenney. Sears. Average price was $200 for the coat I wanted to purchase.

Found it on Amazon for $109 with free shipping.

Guess who got my money?

You think democrats can fix that?

Trump could fix it by treating Amazon the same way he plans to treat China (only half joking).

Seriously, though, I wonder what will happen to Amazon's prices after they have driven all the brick & mortar stores out of business?

I hate going to stores to shop, myself, but I prefer to buy clothing in a store where I can make sure what I am buying fits right. There will always be a need for some retail presence, but Amazon has just made that need very much smaller than it used to be.

The reason for all these retail failures is that there are too many retail department stores. Best Buy didn't go out of business because of online shopping for electronics (I almost never shop retail for electronics anymore), but they were the last big store standing, and they are in better shape now than when they faced competition from other brick and mortar stores. Competition still exists--Best Buy has to compete with online and vice versa. But now we no longer have far too many electronics stores.