BS in N.J

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-04-2014, 09:17 PM
RE: BS in N.J
In my area I'd never announce my atheism like that. Hell, in my area out here in the sticks cars were keyed and tires slashed for having an Obama bumper sticker.

They'd probably torch my car.

For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside,
That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive -- Badlands; Bruce Springsteen

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
18-04-2014, 09:19 PM
(18-04-2014 09:17 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  In my area I'd never announce my atheism like that. Hell, in my area out here in the sticks cars were keyed and tires slashed for having an Obama bumper sticker.

They'd probably torch my car.

Well I know one place i'm never going haha. Where do you live anywho?

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
18-04-2014, 10:42 PM
Sounds as if you live surrounded by fine xtian assholes, mom.

[Image: reality.jpg?imgmax=800]
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
19-04-2014, 01:22 PM
(18-04-2014 10:42 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Sounds as if you live surrounded by fine xtian assholes, mom.

Suppose David Duke put a license plate on his car that read:

NGGR H8R

Would he be surrounded by assholes if his car was torched? I would say yes because although I disagree with the message....David Duke still has property rights that everyone should respect. While you might own the car you don't own the plate. The state realizes there are assholes in the world and doesn't want to have its property used to incite those assholes towards violence.

If this atheist really wants to express her atheism....she can purchase a bumper sticker.

Insults From Thinkingatheists forgiven 149
19-04-2014, 02:00 PM
(19-04-2014 01:22 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(18-04-2014 10:42 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Sounds as if you live surrounded by fine xtian assholes, mom.

Blah blah blah

Who left the fucking door open and let the flies in?

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
19-04-2014, 02:13 PM (This post was last modified: 19-04-2014 02:19 PM by Full Circle.)
(19-04-2014 01:22 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  The state realizes there are assholes in the world and doesn't want to have its property used to incite those assholes towards violence.

That an atheist sticker or license plate would incite ANYONE to violence is ridiculous.

It seems to me that many of the people who insist on both their rights to religion and free speech being splattered all over the fucking place, in public school books, Capitol rotundas, currency, pledges, billboards, license plates (Florida has on that says IN GOD WE TRUST along the bottom) etc. are the very first ones to whine and cry foul when someone else expresses a different opinion.

The State is selectively deciding who gets to say what about their beliefs or non-beliefs, in essence saying that some of us must be more equal than others.

*Just had an epiphany: Get a plate with "IN GOD WE TRUST" along the bottom and then for the actaul plate have one of the following:

I DON'T
NOT ME
LIE
FALSE
NO WAY
JOKE

"Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's."- Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
19-04-2014, 02:17 PM
(19-04-2014 01:22 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  

Suppose David Duke put a license plate on his car that read:

NGGR H8R

Would he be surrounded by assholes if his car was torched? I would say yes because although I disagree with the message....David Duke still has property rights that everyone should respect. While you might own the car you don't own the plate. The state realizes there are assholes in the world and doesn't want to have its property used to incite those assholes towards violence.

If this atheist really wants to express her atheism....she can purchase a bumper sticker.

It's the fact of equal treatment. It's sad that atheist are treated less important than Christians are.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
19-04-2014, 02:22 PM
Whatcha talkin' 'bout?! This is a land created by the hand of lord and savior Jebus (blessed be his name! Hallelujah!) and all our nation's founders were god fearin' christians and I'd be damned if this country goes into rational thinkin' secularism!

'MERICA !
[Image: eagle_flag2.jpg]
FUCK YEAH!

But yeah, saying that, I'm annoyed but not surprised. More or less from growing up in a red state and seeing how conservative people still are and how anti-Obama a lot of people I come across still are. I don't know that anyone's gotten their tires popped here like Mom's area of the world but they sure as hell don't like the guy. I do wonder though if she could get away with like Muhammad. Probably not.

I feel like a little heartache so I'm going to read the comments. Top one is "If the first plate was rejected she should use her alternate choice.. B I T C H !!!!!!" so I'm sure I'm gonna wish I didn't.

[Image: notagain.gif]
19-04-2014, 02:30 PM (This post was last modified: 19-04-2014 03:34 PM by JDog554.)
(19-04-2014 02:22 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  Whatcha talkin' 'bout?! This is a land created by the hand of lord and savior Jebus (blessed be his name! Hallelujah!) and all our nation's founders were god fearin' christians and I'd be damned if this country goes into rational thinkin' secularism!

'MERICA !
[Image: eagle_flag2.jpg]
FUCK YEAH!

But yeah, saying that, I'm annoyed but not surprised. More or less from growing up in a red state and seeing how conservative people still are and how anti-Obama a lot of people I come across still are. I don't know that anyone's gotten their tires popped here like Mom's area of the world but they sure as hell don't like the guy. I do wonder though if she could get away with like Muhammad. Probably not.

I feel like a little heartache so I'm going to read the comments. Top one is "If the first plate was rejected she should use her alternate choice.. B I T C H !!!!!!" so I'm sure I'm gonna wish I didn't.

Hug for the heartache and Yeah it's ashame how one sided it is now and days.

19-04-2014, 03:32 PM
She should claim it really means A THEIST.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post