BS in N.J

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-04-2014, 03:35 PM
RE: BS in N.J
(19-04-2014 03:32 PM)Impulse Wrote:  She should claim it really means A THEIST.

Haha good one!

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-04-2014, 03:36 PM
(19-04-2014 01:22 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(18-04-2014 10:42 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Sounds as if you live surrounded by fine xtian assholes, mom.

Suppose David Duke put a license plate on his car that read:

NGGR H8R

Would he be surrounded by assholes if his car was torched? I would say yes because although I disagree with the message....David Duke still has property rights that everyone should respect. While you might own the car you don't own the plate. The state realizes there are assholes in the world and doesn't want to have its property used to incite those assholes towards violence.

If this atheist really wants to express her atheism....she can purchase a bumper sticker.
Um, NGGR H8R isn't the proper analogy. BAPTIST is... Drinking Beverage And, despite the state allowing THAT one, fuck 'em, they can just purchase a bumper sticker if they want to express their delusion. Right..?

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
19-04-2014, 04:58 PM
(19-04-2014 02:30 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Hug for the heartache and Yeah it's ashame how one sided it is now and days.

Thanks darlin', I really needed that Hug Especially after this one

" F. Obama wrote:

It would be interesting if the 8theist among our respondents could explain to us just where inalienable rights come from? What – because you say so?

This is what happens when we no longer teach Western Civ – the historical melding of the traditions of Athens (rationalism) and Jerusalem (faith). How many Americans understand that the rights they hold so dear come from the Judeo Christian precepts that this country was founded on?

First of all, the phrase “separation of church and state” exists nowhere in the Constitution. It is bandied about by the know-nothing crowd as a pretense for their ignorance and intolerance.

A wide gap exists between “freedom of religion” and “freedom from religion” – the former does not mean the latter. In fact, every sentient person has a de facto religion when this is defined as one’s understanding of the source of their own existence. The very term a-theist suggests literally to be against something that is — as a matter of logic, one cannot be an a-tooth fairy.

What the secular humanist crowd misses is that they are in fact imposing their “religion” onto others when they insist on only secular symbols be displayed in public spaces.

Just remember folks – the mullahs are watching. They, and now the Russians too, have figured out what we’ve become. When you don’t understand where your civilization has come from, you can’t defend yourself as superior to those who still stone people to death, oppress women or practice jihad.

It gets real interesting when they finally get their nukes – about the time that Obama leaves office."

Weeping
at least this one made me laugh

" Ace Freelee wrote:

An example of people with too much time on their hands. Get a job you hippie!"

Ack! Damn hippies!!!

(19-04-2014 03:36 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(19-04-2014 01:22 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Suppose David Duke put a license plate on his car that read:

NGGR H8R

Would he be surrounded by assholes if his car was torched? I would say yes because although I disagree with the message....David Duke still has property rights that everyone should respect. While you might own the car you don't own the plate. The state realizes there are assholes in the world and doesn't want to have its property used to incite those assholes towards violence.

If this atheist really wants to express her atheism....she can purchase a bumper sticker.
Um, NGGR H8R isn't the proper analogy. BAPTIST is... Drinking Beverage And, despite the state allowing THAT one, fuck 'em, they can just purchase a bumper sticker if they want to express their delusion. Right..?
How'd I miss over this one?! So he'd be surrounded by assholes out of respect?! Is that why there's so many assholes around this world? It's out of respect? I knew it, I'm surrounded by assholes (keep firing, assholes!)! I guess I'm missing something there. But still, if people are to respect other people's ideas and opinions, that lady should have had her 8thesit plate like your metaphorical dude was able to get a NGGR H8R plate. Then again, as stated by Impluse, David Duke could go get a bumper sticker that expresses his hate for the African American population.

[Image: notagain.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Miss Suzanne's post
19-04-2014, 05:04 PM
(19-04-2014 04:58 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  
(19-04-2014 02:30 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Hug for the heartache and Yeah it's ashame how one sided it is now and days.

Thanks darlin', I really needed that Hug Especially after this one

" F. Obama wrote:

It would be interesting if the 8theist among our respondents could explain to us just where inalienable rights come from? What – because you say so?

This is what happens when we no longer teach Western Civ – the historical melding of the traditions of Athens (rationalism) and Jerusalem (faith). How many Americans understand that the rights they hold so dear come from the Judeo Christian precepts that this country was founded on?

First of all, the phrase “separation of church and state” exists nowhere in the Constitution. It is bandied about by the know-nothing crowd as a pretense for their ignorance and intolerance.

A wide gap exists between “freedom of religion” and “freedom from religion” – the former does not mean the latter. In fact, every sentient person has a de facto religion when this is defined as one’s understanding of the source of their own existence. The very term a-theist suggests literally to be against something that is — as a matter of logic, one cannot be an a-tooth fairy.

What the secular humanist crowd misses is that they are in fact imposing their “religion” onto others when they insist on only secular symbols be displayed in public spaces.

Just remember folks – the mullahs are watching. They, and now the Russians too, have figured out what we’ve become. When you don’t understand where your civilization has come from, you can’t defend yourself as superior to those who still stone people to death, oppress women or practice jihad.

It gets real interesting when they finally get their nukes – about the time that Obama leaves office."

Weeping
at least this one made me laugh

" Ace Freelee wrote:

An example of people with too much time on their hands. Get a job you hippie!"

Ack! Damn hippies!!!

(19-04-2014 03:36 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Um, NGGR H8R isn't the proper analogy. BAPTIST is... Drinking Beverage And, despite the state allowing THAT one, fuck 'em, they can just purchase a bumper sticker if they want to express their delusion. Right..?
How'd I miss over this one?! So he'd be surrounded by assholes out of respect?! Is that why there's so many assholes around this world? It's out of respect? I knew it, I'm surrounded by assholes (keep firing, assholes!)! I guess I'm missing something there. But still, if people are to respect other people's ideas and opinions, that lady should have had her 8thesit plate like your metaphorical dude was able to get a NGGR H8R plate. Then again, as stated by Impluse, David Duke could go get a bumper sticker that expresses his hate for the African American population.
1. Well if you need them here are 5 more Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug and that comment just made me mad but the hippie thing is funny Laugh out load
2. Spaceballs reference! I think i'm in love Heart Tongue

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
19-04-2014, 05:07 PM
The Atheist Foundation of Australia has a bus with atheistic slogans...........
I haven't heard of any reprisals
......must be more militants theists in the U.S.
19-04-2014, 05:08 PM
(19-04-2014 05:07 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  The Atheist Foundation of Australia has a bus with atheistic slogans...........

Would not doubt it.

19-04-2014, 05:28 PM
(19-04-2014 05:04 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  1. Well if you need them here are 5 more Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug and that comment just made me mad but the hippie thing is funny Laugh out load
2. Spaceballs reference! I think i'm in love Heart Tongue

1. one, two...yep that's five. Took me a lot of hard work counting all that but yes that's five! Woop woop! HugHugHugHugHug I wonder if he was implying that atheists/free thinkers were this generation's hippies? I don't know still funny crazy people there!
2. Hahaha glad you noticed! I couldn't pass it up after I set it up for myself y'know? Thumbsup

(19-04-2014 05:08 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(19-04-2014 05:07 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  The Atheist Foundation of Australia has a bus with atheistic slogans...........

Would not doubt it.

I'd say so when there's outspokenly hateful groups like this Army Of God and of course the notorious Westboro Baptist Church, I'd think it's safe to say we have plenty of militant theists in the U.S. Especially seeing that it can be common place to raise/teach to not tolerate things outside of doctrine like in Jesus Camp. Oh god, Jesus Camp. Not that there isn't any calm, cool theists, just that the militant ones are...well...louder Dodgy

[Image: notagain.gif]
19-04-2014, 05:35 PM
(19-04-2014 05:28 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  1. one, two...yep that's five. Took me a lot of hard work counting all that but yes that's five! Woop woop! HugHugHugHugHug I wonder if he was implying that atheists/free thinkers were this generation's hippies? I don't know still funny crazy people there!
2. Hahaha glad you noticed! I couldn't pass it up after I set it up for myself y'know? Thumbsup

(19-04-2014 05:08 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Would not doubt it.

I'd say so when there's outspokenly hateful groups like this Army Of God and of course the notorious Westboro Baptist Church, I'd think it's safe to say we have plenty of militant theists in the U.S. Especially seeing that it can be common place to raise/teach to not tolerate things outside of doctrine like in Jesus Camp. Oh god, Jesus Camp. Not that there isn't any calm, cool theists, just that the militant ones are...well...louder Dodgy

I had to recount before I posted Tongue didn't wanna look like an idiot and haha very true Wink and yeah the WBC piss me off big time. and I agree, I don't have a problem with religion per say as long as you keep it personal and try not to convert me I could care less what you believe in but its the bad militant ones that bother me.

19-04-2014, 05:38 PM
Here in Victoria we also have an atheist choir that changes the words of old hymns and performs at various functions.
If you ever come to Melbourne it's a must!Angel
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
19-04-2014, 05:40 PM
(19-04-2014 05:38 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Here in Victoria we also have an atheist choir that changes the words of old hymns and performs at various functions.
If you ever come to Melbourne it's a must!Angel

Sounds awesome! Will keep that in mind.