BUPA Insurance Being Misleading - I Need Your Help Please

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-05-2012, 09:33 AM
BUPA Insurance Being Misleading - I Need Your Help Please
Hello TTA Community, I need your help!

I have created a group called "BUPA's Misleading Website - Lets Use the Power of Facebook to Change This." This is the first time I have created a group on Facebook since I first joined over 5 years ago and I need as many of you as possible to help me with this very important issue I have uncovered - so please prove me right that Facebook can enable change in our world and invite as many people as you can to this open group!

I have found that BUPA are completely misleading and needs to change. On their website https://www.bupa.co.uk/individuals/healt...getQuote=1 their motto is "Now you can adapt your health insurance to suit you, whoever you are." Well that is not entirely true, they mean "whoever you are as long as you do not have a pre existing illness." Now that would not be too bad but their online form does not once ask if you have a pre existing illness therefore making their company completely misleading! If you are registered on Facebook then please join this group and spread the word so we can send a message to BUPA that this type of deception will not be tolerated and they must either change their wording or accept those with pre existing conditions.

It is a cause close to my heart as I suffer from idiopathic chronic pancreatitis, I suffer from extreme chronic pain and I have to take morphine on a daily basis. I do not want anyone to fall into the trap of buying any medical insurance from BUPA not knowing that it would not cover them for any pre existing conditions they may have. I want to build awareness on this and to get BUPA to change their wording or follow through and accept people with pre existing conditions.

If you do not want to join then that is fine also, I just thank you all for your time in reading this :-)

Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/405014919521326/

Quote:"Religion poisons everything." - Christopher Hitchens
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2012, 09:58 AM
RE: BUPA Insurance Being Misleading - I Need Your Help Please
Why don't you get your medication on the NHS since you have already paid for It in taxes, instead of forking out thousands more to bupa?

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
07-05-2012, 11:44 AM
5. There is no undertaking by Bupa to cover any medical conditions in
existence before the time you, (or your dependants), are covered by
Bupa

I managed to find it under the terms and conditions link at the bottom of the page of the link you provided.

In my opinion it is not misleading, you just didnt read the small print (which when insurance is involved is a MUST)

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
07-05-2012, 12:08 PM
I have been suffering from my illness, Idiopathic Chronic Pancreatitis, for over 2 1/2 years so want to know if other options are available other than the NHS which so far have not been entirely great. Also as well, I agree that with all insurance it is all about the fine print, but with their saying being very prominent on the website and also no questions about any pre existing conditions that the applicant has, I do not think that the small print is enough in this instance. They should at least have a question saying "Do you have a pre existing illness/disability that you are currently undergoing treatment for?" Or something along those lines.

Most online health insurances ask if you are suffering from any conditions or illnesses and if you are they either let you carry on with the questionnaire (if it is in their list of sanctionned illnesses or conditions they will automatically let you pass on) or ask you to ring them by providing you with a phone number to use.

Not having such a question being asked at the beginning of the process and also saying "Now you can adapt your health insurance to suit you, whoever you are" is in my opinion highly misleading as it reads to me.

Thank you both for your time reading my post and providing me with your responses and your opinions. I fully respect them and I am grateful :-)

Stefania

Quote:"Religion poisons everything." - Christopher Hitchens
[+] 1 user Likes Stefania's post
08-05-2012, 06:07 PM
(07-05-2012 09:33 AM)Stefania Wrote:  It is a cause close to my heart as I suffer from idiopathic chronic pancreatitis, I suffer from extreme chronic pain and I have to take morphine on a daily basis. ... I have been suffering from my illness, Idiopathic Chronic Pancreatitis, for over 2 1/2 years so want to know if other options are available other than the NHS which so far have not been entirely great.

I can't say anything about health insurance in the UK, but I can tell you my brother suffered from idiopathic chronic pancreatitis for a decade and the pain would've been disabling and debilitating if he didn't have a desk job as an actuary. The only real treatment for it was either pain management or a procedure which destroyed the nerves so he wouldn't feel any pain any at all in that region. The problem with the latter choice is he also wouldn't feel it if his appendix burst, had internal bleeding, or any number of other internal life-threatening conditions. But that procedure doesn't appear to be an option with the NHS anyway: NHS chronic pancreatitis. My brother went through every serious pain med I've ever heard of: dilaudid, demerol, oxycontin, a fentanyl patch which nearly killed him when he wore it in the sun, etc. He eventually settled in at 30 mg sustained release morphine 3 times a day. He said it was the only one he could take where he could still think well enough to do his job.

It went away on its own after a decade and it hasn't recurred for another decade. He did end up diabetic a decade later but he has the type 2 insulin resistant type same as me caused by us getting too fat. His pancreas is fine now and he doesn't need insulin. ... Weird.

Spontaneous recovery is possible.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post