BVG Theorem

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-01-2015, 01:57 AM
BVG Theorem
A theist has brought up the BVG Theorem. He says it proves the existence of God. I've never heard of the BVG Theorem. Just how does it prove the existence of God? Can someone enlighten me?

Sapere aude
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-01-2015, 02:29 AM
RE: BVG Theorem
What? Your googler broke? Tongue

Quote:The point ought to be clear: the BGV Theorem does not say that the universe began to exist; it says that inflationary models are past-incomplete, and require new physics to describe the boundary condition.

Which of course is rather pointless to relate to buffoons who don't even comprehend the context of their favorite scientific sound bite.

Lemme simplify. There is no compelling "proof" of God, merely some confirming "proofs" of God.

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
24-01-2015, 03:20 AM
(24-01-2015 02:29 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  What? Your googler broke? Tongue

Quote:The point ought to be clear: the BGV Theorem does not say that the universe began to exist; it says that inflationary models are past-incomplete, and require new physics to describe the boundary condition.

Which of course is rather pointless to relate to buffoons who don't even comprehend the context of their favorite scientific sound bite.

Lemme simplify. There is no compelling "proof" of God, merely some confirming "proofs" of God.
Thanks for your reply. I tried googling it. Most links were not helpful. Some of them had William Lane Craig in their description. There's nothing in Wikipedia about it. I suspect that it's some sort of creationist mish-mash but as yet I don't have enough data to say that for certain.

Sapere aude
24-01-2015, 03:24 AM
(24-01-2015 03:20 AM)f stop Wrote:  
(24-01-2015 02:29 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  What? Your googler broke? Tongue

Thanks for your reply. I tried googling it. Most links were not helpful. Some of them had William Lane Craig in their description. There's nothing in Wikipedia about it. I suspect that it's some sort of creationist mish-mash but as yet I don't have enough data to say that for certain.

That blue part is a link, in case you missed it. Thumbsup

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-01-2015, 10:15 AM
(24-01-2015 03:24 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  That blue part is a link, in case you missed it. Thumbsup
Yeah, I missed it. Thanks for pointing that out.

Interesting read.Thumbsup

Sapere aude