Baby eating statue

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-06-2014, 09:32 AM
RE: Baby eating statue
(19-06-2014 08:39 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(19-06-2014 08:36 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  It's pretty gross. I'm mean who eats raw babies?

Baby Tartar is a gourmet dish but then I suppose a newfie would not know gourmet. Tongue

This reminds me of a story. When I started working in camps I began as a dishwasher.
The cook at the time asked me if I knew what potato pancakes were. I told him I thought it might be the same as those McDonalds hash browns. He laughed and made the same comment as you. Newfies don't know gourmet. He wasn't ribbing me though. Not having a laugh at all.He was one of those arrogant assholes. His comment was said with anger if you can believe it.
Anyway he stormed off and said something like "I'll show you."
Later when breakfast was served I went to the line and there was the potato pancakes. They were pancakes with little chunks of potato in them.
I said "Newfies might not know gourmet but I don't think you do either. I tried one. It was shit.
What's the point if this story?
I dunno. I like stories....
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Drunkin Druid's post
20-06-2014, 03:00 AM
That guy has some skill eating one while holding 5 more. I have trouble trying to grab the one I am chowing down on.

“You see… sometimes life gives you lemons. And when that happens… you need to find some spell that makes lemons explode, because lemons are terrible. I only ate them once and I can say with certainty they are the worst fruit. If life gave me lemons, I would view it as nothing short of a declaration of war."
20-06-2014, 05:37 AM
So they finally gave us atheist a statue.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
20-06-2014, 07:55 AM
Re: Baby eating statue
Is it not Krampas the Christmas demon?

I know my sister loves potato pancakes, with a side of hash babies they're great.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
20-06-2014, 10:18 AM
That would be a great statue to put up next to the ten commandments in front of courthouses. Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
20-06-2014, 10:43 AM
(19-06-2014 08:14 AM)kim Wrote:  The child eating ogre of Bern...
[Image: 13.jpg]
Nom nom nom

I think I'm gonna get this guy as like... a thigh tattoo or something. Cool
20-06-2014, 12:48 PM
I'll have to google it, but didn't he eat the souls of miscarriage babies? Like because they weren't baptized or something? This seems vaguely familiar but I can't quite place it.

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
20-06-2014, 01:10 PM
According to wikipedia:
The Kindlifresserbrunnen - A literal translation of the name Kindlifresserbrunnen therefore would be "Fountain of the Eater of Little Children" (the name was used first in 1666). The fountain was created in 1545/46 by Hans Gieng to replace an old wooden fountain.

Quote:The fountain sculpture is a sitting ogre devouring a naked child. Placed at his side is a bag containing more children. Because the ogre is wearing a pointed hat resembling a Jewish hat, it has been speculated about the possibility of the ogre being the depiction of a Jew as an expression of blood libel against Jews. Another theory is that the statue is the likeness of Krampus, the beast-like creature from the folklore of Alpine countries thought to punish children during the Christmas season who had misbehaved. According to other theories it is a depiction of the Greek god Cronus eating his children or the Roman Saturn eating the months, though Cronus should have six and Saturn twelve rather than the sculpture's eight. It may also represent a warning to children to avoid falling into the, at that time, nearby Bear Pits. Another theory is that it represented Cardinal Schiner who led the Swiss Confederation into several bloody defeats in northern Italy. A final theory is that it is just a carnival character intended to frighten disobedient children.

Around the fountain's base runs a frieze showing armed bears going to war, including a piper and a drummer.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
20-06-2014, 06:30 PM
(19-06-2014 08:36 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  It's pretty gross. I'm mean who eats raw babies?

Tot tartare. Drooling

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
20-06-2014, 08:59 PM
Maybe it signifies the God Saturn. Saturn ate all of his wifes children until Zeus was born, hidden away and when he grew up. He killed Saturn and released all of the gods from his tummy.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ