Baby names..
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-10-2015, 05:58 PM
RE: Baby names..

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
21-10-2015, 06:05 PM

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
21-10-2015, 06:12 PM

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
21-10-2015, 06:26 PM
Ooof I like Gordon Lightfoot. Smile

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

21-10-2015, 06:27 PM
(21-10-2015 06:12 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

Oh I love some Gordon Lightfoot. That song is sad but so well done, gives me chills every time.

A man should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. -Ferris Bueller

That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom. -Jack Sparrow
[+] 1 user Likes Imathinker's post
(21-10-2015 02:41 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  
(21-10-2015 01:50 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Badfinger- Watford John
Beatles- Sun King, Mean Mr Mustard, Bad Boy, Nowhere Man,
Billy Joel- Piano Man, The Stranger, Allentown
Black Sabbath Iron Man
Blue Oyster Cult- Godzilla, Black Blade
Blues Traveler- Brother John
The Byrds- Tambourine Man, Mr Spaceman
Chuck Berry- My Dingaling
Counting Crows- Monkey
Dave Matthews Band- Drunken Soldier
Deep Purple- Fireball (so far, my favorite)Tongue
Def Leppard- Demolition Man, Billy's Got a Gun, Animal
Don McLean- Vincent
Donovan- Hurdy Gurdy Man

That gets me through "A-D" in Winamp

You made it D without David Bowie? (Andy, Billy, Bob, Freddy, Jimmy, Ziggy, Major Tom)

If girl Queen Bitch and Blue Jean
I only gots Best of Bowie. Weeping
Oooh James Dean by the Eagles

And Sweet Baby James!

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

21-10-2015, 06:36 PM
(21-10-2015 05:12 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Monday the young woman I share an office with came in with two caffeine free Cokes. I looked at her and said...what's with this, you who lives off of Monster....wait a minute, are you pregnant?

Yep...now I get to share an office all day with someone who is either crying or preparing to throw up...and I thought things couldn't possibly get worse. Facepalm

Her boyfriend wants a 'tough' name if it's a boy - he suggests Ivan. She isn't thrilled. Can't say I blame her. Undecided

In California, the mother names the baby, end of story. I had input, but the final naming got changed on one of my sons. Have your friend tell the father that Ivan is simply John in a different language. She can segue into mentioning that boys in France are named Jean (pronounced John). That will probably get him to back off. I personally think there is nothing wrong with the name John or any of its variants, but if she doesn't want her kid named Ivan, this might be a way to spin it.
21-10-2015, 06:43 PM
(21-10-2015 06:36 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(21-10-2015 05:12 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Monday the young woman I share an office with came in with two caffeine free Cokes. I looked at her and said...what's with this, you who lives off of Monster....wait a minute, are you pregnant?

Yep...now I get to share an office all day with someone who is either crying or preparing to throw up...and I thought things couldn't possibly get worse. Facepalm

Her boyfriend wants a 'tough' name if it's a boy - he suggests Ivan. She isn't thrilled. Can't say I blame her. Undecided

In California, the mother names the baby, end of story. I had input, but the final naming got changed on one of my sons. Have your friend tell the father that Ivan is simply John in a different language. She can segue into mentioning that boys in France are named Jean (pronounced John). That will probably get him to back off. I personally think there is nothing wrong with the name John or any of its variants, but if she doesn't want her kid named Ivan, this might be a way to spin it.

The baby daddy's name is John but he goes by another name entirely.

We'll see...I am not real enthused about her choice for a girl's name - but it's not my child, so whatever. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Thread Closed