Back after a long haitus...36m..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-02-2014, 02:34 PM
Back after a long haitus...36m..
I just got Seth's book online and almost done with it... it's awsome...Long story short.. I was raised baptist but not too conservative or intense... then I went to a christian college and actually became a missionary in Mexico for almost 7 years... then I became non-denomonational and finally landed in/tired catholicism...and last year I got confirmed in the catholic church-mostly because my sponsor/godmother wanted me to... and I've been reading atheist and apologetics stuff off and on for a while......mostly catholic apologetic stuff. but now I'm seeing through the fog/smoke and mirrors and I've come to the conclusion that I really don't believe the b.s./garbage of dogma and superstition......But I still go go to Mass=mostly with my godmother and I visit a popular megachurch a few miles from my home-mostly because a lot of women go there lol....

anyways....I tried to be one of those on fire/evangelical/traditional catholics last year but just decided that it's all a scam/buisness=catholic tv,etc etc etc.......and I just feel like I don't belong in catholicism/religion anymore.....

I"ve never had a girlfriend before either and I'm wondering now what to do.......

I don't want to do or try online dating either....

but like Seth has said, I need to be comfortable in my own skin....

I feel like I'm waking up now.....

Any ideas, suggestions or advice?

Thanks....

Jason
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2014, 02:38 PM
RE: Back after a long haitus...36m..
Got money? Bitches love money Tongue Ok, seriously....be YOU! Even if you can throw up some facade of who you think a woman wants, do you really wanna do that shit forever? Be you, somebody will come along that loves you FOR YOU....and that is what will make for a lasting relationship. About the religion crap~it sounds like you're doing for your grandma and to save face. If it works for you, fine...but that would drive me insane! Again, we're back to BE YOURSELF!!

~Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned.~
04-02-2014, 02:44 PM
(04-02-2014 02:34 PM)jason197754 Wrote:  I just got Seth's book online and almost done with it... it's awsome...Long story short.. I was raised baptist but not too conservative or intense... then I went to a christian college and actually became a missionary in Mexico for almost 7 years... then I became non-denomonational and finally landed in/tired catholicism...and last year I got confirmed in the catholic church-mostly because my sponsor/godmother wanted me to... and I've been reading atheist and apologetics stuff off and on for a while......mostly catholic apologetic stuff. but now I'm seeing through the fog/smoke and mirrors and I've come to the conclusion that I really don't believe the b.s./garbage of dogma and superstition......But I still go go to Mass=mostly with my godmother and I visit a popular megachurch a few miles from my home-mostly because a lot of women go there lol....

anyways....I tried to be one of those on fire/evangelical/traditional catholics last year but just decided that it's all a scam/buisness=catholic tv,etc etc etc.......and I just feel like I don't belong in catholicism/religion anymore.....

I"ve never had a girlfriend before either and I'm wondering now what to do.......

I don't want to do or try online dating either....

but like Seth has said, I need to be comfortable in my own skin....

I feel like I'm waking up now.....

Any ideas, suggestions or advice?

Thanks....

Jason

Looks like you are in a growth phase.... maybe give it a little time to see where you end up?

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
04-02-2014, 02:55 PM
oh, by the way, what do you think about dating/meeting women at church? Specefically one of those mega-non-denomonational churches?
04-02-2014, 03:01 PM
It might not mean much coming from me, but , go into the world and kick some ass with something you can sink your teeth into. Forget about religion altogether, it doesnt matter. In other words, allow yourself to fuck up every now and then. Try different things. Defining yourself by your religion (or the lack thereof) wont make your life any better. You need to find your passion and go full bore with it.... screw everyone else.

Dont worry about the girlfriend either, they will come along while your doing your thing. Chasing them will only frustrate you further. They will show up when you least expect it and most likely be supportive with what you like, because your secure in what you like.

You asked.... and I dont suger coat shit.
[+] 3 users Like War Horse's post
04-02-2014, 03:12 PM
(04-02-2014 03:01 PM)War Horse Wrote:  ... and I dont suger coat shit.

Well if you don't coat it in sugar, how the hell do you choke it down? Huh

So many cats, so few good recipes.
04-02-2014, 03:18 PM
(04-02-2014 03:12 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(04-02-2014 03:01 PM)War Horse Wrote:  ... and I dont suger coat shit.

Well if you don't coat it in sugar, how the hell do you choke it down? Huh

I dont ! Wink
[+] 1 user Likes War Horse's post
05-02-2014, 05:00 PM
oh and by the way what are the stages of deconversion?