Back at A.A.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-05-2013, 12:00 PM
RE: Back at A.A.
I'm new to this board, but even though I don't know you, I want to wish you well on this journey. As I was scrolling thru the other posts I noticed your own signature line "Personal abuse is a cop out."

I'm glad you've decided to stop copping out.

best wishes to you.

Be excellent to each other and party on, Dudes!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
14-05-2013, 09:09 PM
(14-05-2013 10:58 AM)ChasA Wrote:  In a nutshell, Bill Wilson, the founder of AA, saw God appear at the end of his bed when he was drying out in the hospital. AA was then made a 'spiritual' program; many problems are turned over to your Higher Power.

SMART Recovery, on the other hand, is based on Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy, among other evidence-based approaches rather than using a spiritual basis, and thus requires no particular religious or spiritual viewpoint.

Not sure about that oneDodgy
I read that he asked for a drink on his death bed.
He was a heavy smoker and I think he succumbed from some sort of lung disease.
A big womanizer (post brewer's droop) it is claimed that he tried seduce all the new alkie ladies.
Co founder Dr Bob used to have a few stiff drinks pre surgery.

I have gone off A.A. somewhat, finding them a bit cultish, what with confession of all one;s sins to a fellow human being (step 5) along with some othe stuff.
Still if it works for many, these partial requirements may well be worth it.YesHoboWeeping
14-05-2013, 09:21 PM
What now then? Hope you figure it out.

“I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless."
― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post