Back from the Big Easy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-02-2017, 11:51 PM
RE: Back from the Big Easy
(13-02-2017 10:38 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  It's so strange to hear a different perspective from those that come and visit.

I took the family to Nola on Sunday to go to the aquarium. It was just a quick trip down the interstate for us, but it was an actual vacation for y'all.

I'm glad y'all had fun. Nola is an experience, and I think everyone should visit.

But...
I hate New Orleans. It stinks. It's dirty. It's crowded. Traffic sucks. Streets are named differently depending on the direction you're going.

I don't know... maybe it's because it's so close to home and I've been there so many times.

I just don't enjoy going there. I know I'm in the minority here because I have never really heard many others share my opinion. I may be spoiled too... BR is like the upgraded version of NO.

I was tempted to remove the spoiler but I can relate. When I lived near San Francisco (we're talking a few minutes away) I avoided going there like the fucking plague. I hated going there. I hated everything about it. The fucking tourists were annoying, the traffic was miserable, you could never find a place to park and when you did you paid through the ass, the City was dirty. When I worked there...OMG no one bitched more than I. I was paying three hundred bucks for parking alone...and if I took the train (which the CalTrain was at least relaxing) and a bus....Then I bitched because it took forever (who wants to leave for work at 5am just to get there by 8:30am).

But...in the decade that I've been away. I find I miss so much about it that I totally took for granted. I find I want, no I need to return to my Bagdad by the Bay.

It is what it is.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
14-02-2017, 12:23 AM (This post was last modified: 14-02-2017 12:29 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(13-02-2017 10:38 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  It's so strange to hear a different perspective from those that come and visit.

I took the family to Nola on Sunday to go to the aquarium. It was just a quick trip down the interstate for us, but it was an actual vacation for y'all.

I'm glad y'all had fun. Nola is an experience, and I think everyone should visit.

But...
I hate New Orleans. It stinks. It's dirty. It's crowded. Traffic sucks. Streets are named differently depending on the direction you're going.

I don't know... maybe it's because it's so close to home and I've been there so many times.

I just don't enjoy going there. I know I'm in the minority here because I have never really heard many others share my opinion. I may be spoiled too... BR is like the upgraded version of NO.

I have a love/hate relationship with Pittsburgh. It's got a great cultural district, some of the world's best sports teams, excellent colleges (Carnegie Mellon University, University of Pittsburgh), and is the world's mecca of healthcare and research, and usually always ranks up there as one of the best US cities to live in (and certainly one of the safest). Too bad downtown shuts down after 8pm, navigation is horrendous (it is the City of Bridges, built atop 3 fucking rivers), parking is obscene (NYC and SF level prices), public transit almost nonexistent, and there's a metric fuck-ton of old people because of all of the aforementioned healthcare.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
14-02-2017, 08:37 AM
(13-02-2017 11:51 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  

But...

I was tempted to remove the spoiler but I can relate. When I lived near San Francisco (we're talking a few minutes away) I avoided going there like the fucking plague. I hated going there. I hated everything about it. The fucking tourists were annoying, the traffic was miserable, you could never find a place to park and when you did you paid through the ass, the City was dirty. When I worked there...OMG no one bitched more than I. I was paying three hundred bucks for parking alone...and if I took the train (which the CalTrain was at least relaxing) and a bus....Then I bitched because it took forever (who wants to leave for work at 5am just to get there by 8:30am).

But...in the decade that I've been away. I find I miss so much about it that I totally took for granted. I find I want, no I need to return to my Bagdad by the Bay.

It is what it is.

I can relate. When I first moved to CA, I was enamored with SF. Now, many years later, I still like it, but I don't find myself there on a consistent basis like I used to. I also recently moved further away so traveling there and dealing with the traffic and the tourists No

I love Boston (although, I'm a bit biased, it's where I'm from so it will always be my favorite city Wink ). I would move back there in a heart beat.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
16-02-2017, 06:18 PM
Sadly our camera was not great and a lot of our pics did not turn out very good but here are the few that did.

[Image: 005_na_zps44edpodn.jpg]
[Image: 008_na_zpsjsvnujcz.jpg]
[Image: 012_na_zps7dzuphgt.jpg]
[Image: 015_na_zpshev5jfph.jpg]
[Image: 017_na_zpslluxrmev.jpg]
[Image: 021_na_zpspycoxozr.jpg]
[Image: 023_na_zpsq8xzzc4x.jpg]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
16-02-2017, 06:25 PM
Admit it, y'all are totally jealous of my Stone Age phone. Sleepy

[+] 2 users Like Escape Artist's post