Back from the dead after 45 minutes?
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
26-08-2013, 09:39 AM
RE: Back from the dead after 45 minutes?
A few snippets from the story:

4 a.m. when she noticed irregularities in her husband’s breathing and was unable to wake him up.

Melissa — who is a nurse – and the couple’s 17-year-old son, Lawrence, performed CPR until an ambulance could arrive.

Though paramedics were able to find a heartbeat and things originally seemed like they would turn out alright, Anthony’s heart stopped at the hospital and doctors were unable to revive him.

After roughly 45 minutes, cardiologist Dr. Raja Nazir reportedly said it was time to call the time of death.

But Anthony’s son, Lawrence, refused to give up hope, saying something just didn’t feel “right” about the situation.

he went back to where his father was and started praying with his pastor, Paul. “Something came in me and got me to point at him, and I said, ‘Dad you’re not going to die today.”

“I stood there for a few more moments, and I started walking back to the counseling room to comfort my sisters and my mom,” Lawrence continued. “[I] took about three steps and my pastor, Paul, he looked and me and said, ‘Lawrence! Lawrence!’”

The boy’s father had begun showing signs of life and, unbelievably, doctors were able to resuscitate him.

Cardiologist Dr. Raja Nazir commented: “In the last 20 years, I’ve never seen anybody we have pronounced dead … and then for him to come back, I’ve never seen it. Actually, I’ve never heard of it.”
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-09-2013, 02:57 PM
RE: Back from the dead after 45 minutes?
Most people who have worked in hospitals know it's sometimes difficult to say when death actually happens, (unless they're on a monitor, and you watch their rhythm degrade to asystole). Most times the poor 1st year (resident), who's never even met to patient gets woken up to "pronounce" the death. They listen to their lungs and heart for a few seconds. It's perfectly easy to see how cardiac muscle tissue which has the property of spontaneously beating, could easily start beating, even temporarily, with no intervention. The gods have nothing to do with any of it.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
"And you quit footing the bill for these nations that are oil rich - we're paying for some of their *squirmishes* that have been going on for centuries" - Sarah Palin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply