Back in the fog.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-07-2013, 08:46 PM
Sad Back in the fog.
A while ago I posted about how I was feeling terribly foggy and fatigued both mentally and physically.

Many suggested that I should get out and do something, and I did. I felt better while doing something, but after a few hours of getting home I completely crashed.

I don't know what it is, but I just feel less intelligent lately. My head has a constant pressure in it, I just can't think or do anything of the sort!

I'm 14 years of age, and I consider myself to be intelligent, but I really just haven't been feeling so.

I've tried everything, jogging, swimming, eating healthier, but still the fogginess persists.

Today I started to read the hobbit, and after a few pages in I was completely misunderstanding everything said, so I just skipped over those parts.

Right now I have to take breaks from typing because of my mental fatigue, it's really frustrating.

Also, if I tell my family member about this they will just think it is anxiety (my whole family suffers from anxiety) and the need for a doctor will be out of the question.

All I can tell you is that I just can't think, could this be puberty? What could it be?

Thanks?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-07-2013, 08:54 PM
RE: Back in the fog.
(09-07-2013 08:46 PM)UndercoverAtheist Wrote:  A while ago I posted about how I was feeling terribly foggy and fatigued both mentally and physically.

Many suggested that I should get out and do something, and I did. I felt better while doing something, but after a few hours of getting home I completely crashed.

I don't know what it is, but I just feel less intelligent lately. My head has a constant pressure in it, I just can't think or do anything of the sort!

I'm 14 years of age, and I consider myself to be intelligent, but I really just haven't been feeling so.

I've tried everything, jogging, swimming, eating healthier, but still the fogginess persists.

Today I started to read the hobbit, and after a few pages in I was completely misunderstanding everything said, so I just skipped over those parts.

Right now I have to take breaks from typing because of my mental fatigue, it's really frustrating.

Also, if I tell my family member about this they will just think it is anxiety (my whole family suffers from anxiety) and the need for a doctor will be out of the question.

All I can tell you is that I just can't think, could this be puberty? What could it be?

Thanks?

Go see a doctor. It could be mono, Cytomegalovirus, Lyme disease, or just a caffeine deficiency, or something I've not thought of (I'm not a doctor nor do I play one on TV) but at age 14 you should be pretty much as energetic as you're ever going to be, so something is definitely amiss. I hope you're not one of the victims of the US medical insurance fiasco and your parents can afford to have you see a doctor. If not, maybe hit the emergency department of the nearest hospital.

"Heresy makes for progress" - Hypatia Bradlaugh Bonner
[1 Corinthians 13:11] When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. - The Bible King James Version. See? Even the Bible says "Put me down!" Big Grin
09-07-2013, 09:11 PM
I think a trip to the doctor is in order as well.
Those symptoms could be so many different things. You need a trip to the doctor so they can do some blood work and screen for other problems.

If your parents think you are having an anxiety issue, will they take you to the doctor? Once you are there you can talk with the doctor yourself.

Just get in to see one whatever way you can.

Could you make your own appointment and have a friend take you?

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
09-07-2013, 09:14 PM
(09-07-2013 08:46 PM)UndercoverAtheist Wrote:  A while ago I posted about how I was feeling terribly foggy and fatigued both mentally and physically.

Thanks?

See a doctor about this. It could potentially be depression.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
09-07-2013, 09:26 PM
Yes. Go to the doctor. Thyroid maybe?
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
09-07-2013, 09:29 PM
I actually think I know what my problem is.

Yes, I have been dealing with symptoms of depression (I feel emotionless aside from the emotion of anxiety).

I just realized something though, I haven't cried since I was in the 3rd grade (10th now)!

I have felt the inability to cry in those 7 long years, the saddest stories to nothing to me.

Maybe I should just let it all out, maybe the emotions that I am holding are mentally blocking me.

It sounds far fetched but it just might work.

CRY FOR SCIENCE!
09-07-2013, 09:34 PM
(09-07-2013 09:29 PM)UndercoverAtheist Wrote:  I actually think I know what my problem is.

Yes, I have been dealing with symptoms of depression (I feel emotionless aside from the emotion of anxiety).

I just realized something though, I haven't cried since I was in the 3rd grade (10th now)!

I have felt the inability to cry in those 7 long years, the saddest stories to nothing to me.

Maybe I should just let it all out, maybe the emotions that I am holding are mentally blocking me.

CRY FOR SCIENCE!

Watch, "What Dreams May Come."

But do so without an Atheistic mindset since it is about heaven and hell. That movie is a real tear jerker. Probably the most emotional movie I've ever seen. It's the only movie that almost made me cry. And it was only almost because I was being a tough guy and fighting the tears lol.

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
09-07-2013, 09:42 PM
(09-07-2013 09:34 PM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  
(09-07-2013 09:29 PM)UndercoverAtheist Wrote:  I actually think I know what my problem is.

CRY FOR SCIENCE!

Watch, "What Dreams May Come."

But do so without an Atheistic mindset since it is about heaven and hell. That movie is a real tear jerker. Probably the most emotional movie I've ever seen. It's the only movie that almost made me cry. And it was only almost because I was being a tough guy and fighting the tears lol.

The last time I cried to a movie was with that at age 14, so I second this motion... a lot! Big Grin

In any case, try to go see a doctor, make up some symptoms if your parents don't want to, sometimes physical illness can feel like depression.

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
09-07-2013, 09:45 PM
(09-07-2013 09:34 PM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  Watch, "What Dreams May Come."

OMG. That movie.... I bawled my eyes out. but, yeah, at the time I was ok with the heaven & hell stuff.

but then again, I'm in my mid 40's, put on a Toyota commercial and I can drop a bucket of tears, LOL.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 4 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
09-07-2013, 09:54 PM (This post was last modified: 10-07-2013 06:24 AM by HU.Junyuan.)
About the mental issue, you can try this:

(1) Face it. Be it symptoms of any disease or just simply tiredness, it is there as a fact, like the fact that you will get hungry if you don't eat, nothing more.
(2) Accept it. You feel this way because people NATURALLY do so. It is part of your nature, part of human nature to have this feeling. Accept it like it is your hair.
(3) Keep yourself afloat above it. Treat it like an old friend. It comes from time to time. Say hello to it. Let it have fun itself. Mind other businesses of yours. If your symptoms remind you of this feeling again, just say "Oh, you again. Just stay and make yourself comfortable" and then ignore it. It is nothing really bad. And you certainly don't need to find and do SPECIAL things to CURE it.
(4) Wait patiently. If your nerve system is tired, it takes time for the system to recover. So just keep yourself afloat above the "issue" and wait patiently.

It took hundreds of millions of years for life to evolve to a complex entity like us human beings. Our body will deal with pressure and difficulty in a way that fits the environments, if you allow it.

And a doctor, a professional, may be able to better help you to deal with this.

I hope this may help.

Want something? Then do something.