Back of the shed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-02-2016, 06:23 PM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2016 06:34 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Back of the shed
(05-02-2016 06:11 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Time for a new one.....

Anyone know what this is??

Hint -- it's got what today is considered an offensive name -- and I make no apologies for that....

It's a specialized tool -- I had to build.... Snap-On, Craftsman or Kent-Moore don't make one.....

[img][Image: 004_zps0q9wwz6k.jpg][/img]

No fucking clue.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2016, 03:52 PM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2016 04:55 PM by onlinebiker.)
It is - a faggot binder.

Seriously.....

What you do -- is pick up all the small stuff in the yard that blows down during high winds ---- and pile it into the binder ---

[Image: faggot%20binder%20002_zpsyixudyhp.jpg]

Then you bring the straps over the top, hook onto the front shaft (the re-rod) underneath,
[Image: faggot%20binder%20003_zps09wquqof.jpg]

then crank the crank (on left) - it will compress the wood down into a very tight bundle --- you have enough mechanical advantage to break the wood - or even the strap (I've done both).....Then you tie the bundle with a modified trucker's hitch to bind it..... Take out, toss in trailer with the rest....

[Image: faggot%20binder%20006_zpsf8neuwv8.jpg]

It's a bit of work -- but it makes use of what would otherwise be trash to be burned..... I burn these in the unit I use to make maple syrup. When dry - these faggots burn hotter than hell..... (and yes -- bundles of wood are really called faggots...)

It binds these very tight -- the straps will ring when plucked - as will the binder twine..... You can toss these bundles around - and they won't fall apart..

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
06-02-2016, 10:57 PM
(06-02-2016 03:52 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  It is - a faggot binder.

Seriously.....

What you do -- is pick up all the small stuff in the yard that blows down during high winds ---- and pile it into the binder ---

[Image: faggot%20binder%20002_zpsyixudyhp.jpg]

Then you bring the straps over the top, hook onto the front shaft (the re-rod) underneath,
[Image: faggot%20binder%20003_zps09wquqof.jpg]

then crank the crank (on left) - it will compress the wood down into a very tight bundle --- you have enough mechanical advantage to break the wood - or even the strap (I've done both).....Then you tie the bundle with a modified trucker's hitch to bind it..... Take out, toss in trailer with the rest....

[Image: faggot%20binder%20006_zpsf8neuwv8.jpg]

It's a bit of work -- but it makes use of what would otherwise be trash to be burned..... I burn these in the unit I use to make maple syrup. When dry - these faggots burn hotter than hell..... (and yes -- bundles of wood are really called faggots...)

It binds these very tight -- the straps will ring when plucked - as will the binder twine..... You can toss these bundles around - and they won't fall apart..

Ha. I thought it looked like something I could bale christmas trees with.

#sigh
06-02-2016, 11:24 PM
(13-10-2015 02:34 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(13-10-2015 02:00 PM)stevec Wrote:  I'm sure they would sell if they could be made the same. BUT by the time they had all the modifications to comply with modern safety and emission standards the spirit of them would be lost and they would just be another un-attractive box on wheels.

I was talking about it with my SO when we toured the museum -- and we were both convinced that if certain vehicles were made to look exactly as originally produced - but built to modern standards (emissions, suspension, drivetrain, safety features) they would sell like crazy...

Who wouldn't want a 2016 Nash Metropolitan convertible???

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT71ijjziy8UbW2QRk2FEa...a3eZRTvifh]

Cute little car - without being ugly.....

I would want a '57 Chevy but with today's creature comforts, to an extent. I mean, I would want the air conditioning and a modern stereo but they by gawd better give me vent windows and a dimmer switch on the floor.

Blush Oh, one of those back up cameras would be nice...I haven't driven a land barge since I got rid of my 74 LTD years ago.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
06-02-2016, 11:54 PM
(03-08-2015 03:17 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Hello? Steve McQueen? Are you in there?

some of you might not get that

I don't get it, but that's because I've only seen Bullet, the one where he's always trying to escape the WW2 prison camp, & maybe he was in Magnificent 7? Been a while since I seen 7! Tongue