Back to Los Angeles

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-10-2014, 07:36 PM
Back to Los Angeles
I've been living on the East Coast, this time, for about 20 years. I lived, worked and partied, for a couple decades, in all parts of LA. I've been watching a TV series with all kinds of backdrops of places I've lived or been to several times. Santa Monica, Venice Beach, Hollywood, Beverly Hills, the Sunset Strip, Mulhulland Drive, Rodeo Drive, the clubs, the restaurants, everything. It got me to thinking about moving back to LA.

Yeah. I know it has its shitty side too, what with the traffic, the crime, the smog and the occasional earthquake. But, I'm thinking the good outweighs the bad.

Anyone here from LA? If so, what's it like these days? I'm really considering moving back there.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-10-2014, 08:04 PM
RE: Back to Los Angeles

(nah, really can't comment. haven't been there since I was a little kid and never did live there)

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
14-10-2014, 08:46 PM
(14-10-2014 07:36 PM)TheBear Wrote:  I've been living on the East Coast, this time, for about 20 years. I lived, worked and partied, for a couple decades, in all parts of LA. I've been watching a TV series with all kinds of backdrops of places I've lived or been to several times. Santa Monica, Venice Beach, Hollywood, Beverly Hills, the Sunset Strip, Mulhulland Drive, Rodeo Drive, the clubs, the restaurants, everything. It got me to thinking about moving back to LA.

Yeah. I know it has its shitty side too, what with the traffic, the crime, the smog and the occasional earthquake. But, I'm thinking the good outweighs the bad.

Anyone here from LA? If so, what's it like these days? I'm really considering moving back there.

It's the same as it always was. Stay away from the 405 at rush hour. Live high on a hill near the ocean. Find your little "enclave". Hope the water holds out. Go to San Diego for weekends. I love it. I hate it. What can I say ? It's still full of idiot Valley people who probably think Reagan is still the president. Like fer sure. If you have/find intelligent friends who are into more than the Beverly Center, you'll be fine.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
14-10-2014, 09:08 PM
(14-10-2014 08:46 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(14-10-2014 07:36 PM)TheBear Wrote:  I've been living on the East Coast, this time, for about 20 years. I lived, worked and partied, for a couple decades, in all parts of LA. I've been watching a TV series with all kinds of backdrops of places I've lived or been to several times. Santa Monica, Venice Beach, Hollywood, Beverly Hills, the Sunset Strip, Mulhulland Drive, Rodeo Drive, the clubs, the restaurants, everything. It got me to thinking about moving back to LA.

It's the same as it always was. Stay away from the 405 at rush hour. Live high on a hill near the ocean. Find your little "enclave". Hope the water holds out. Go to San Diego for weekends. I love it. I hate it. What can I say ? It's still full of idiot Valley people who probably think Reagan is still the president. Like fer sure. If you have/find intelligent friends who are into more than the Beverly Center, you'll be fine.

Hey, wait! A lot of those Valley girls are pretty hot. Big Grin
14-10-2014, 09:14 PM
(14-10-2014 09:08 PM)TheBear Wrote:  
(14-10-2014 08:46 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  It's the same as it always was. Stay away from the 405 at rush hour. Live high on a hill near the ocean. Find your little "enclave". Hope the water holds out. Go to San Diego for weekends. I love it. I hate it. What can I say ? It's still full of idiot Valley people who probably think Reagan is still the president. Like fer sure. If you have/find intelligent friends who are into more than the Beverly Center, you'll be fine.

Hey, wait! A lot of those Valley girls are pretty hot. Big Grin

You could always join an exercise group.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
14-10-2014, 09:20 PM
Random video and remarks noted. Thumbsup
14-10-2014, 09:22 PM

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post